EU to the rescue?

John52

Just wasted 15 minutes of my life listening to Matt Hancock on the BBC claiming the credit for the new vaccine from Belgium, since Britain is the only country to approve it.

The obvious question is what are the side effects.

But, that wasn't asked.

Neither was how will Brexit affect our imports of essential stuff like this from the EU.

It was as though Hancock had scripted the questions himself in advance. :-S

John52 - 2020-12-02 7:57 AM

Just wasted 15 minutes of my life... :-S

I don't know how to break this to you John.. but you've wasted far, far more than that on here.... (lol)

Re; Vaccine approval.

Surely this is nothing but good news? (assuming that is safe and effective..and I can only trust the medical experts and scientists etc on that).

If it saves lives and is the first step towards us getting back to some sort of normality (seeing family and loved ones etc ), then I couldn't really care less who "claims the credit"...

I get the irony of it coming from Belgium...but stuff does, and will always, come from "abroad".. :-S

Guest pelmetman

Just wasted 15 minutes of my life listening to Matt Hancock on the BBC claiming the credit for the new vaccine from Belgium, since Britain is the only country to approve it.

But, that wasn't asked.

Neither was how will Brexit affect our imports of essential stuff like this from the EU.

So the EU owns Pfizer does it? :D .........

What pathetic little HATERS you LOSERS are (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

But, that wasn't asked.

The bit I enjoyed was on "Today" this morning, when Nick Robinson said he'd been talking about the vaccine to someone who said he didn't think he'd be taking it .........................................because he hadn't been ill! :-D Shrewd, very shrewd!

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-12-02 8:12 AM

same old story on the stock markets - world shares rising, UK shares and currency both falling :-S

You should have put your dosh in Ernie ;-) ........

Then you might become a Winner instead of a Whiner >:-) .........

So the vaccine developed by a German Company team led by a Turkish and Greek married couple, and manufactured in Belgium and Germany by a partnering American Company is somehow a great UK boasting point because our Regulators read the data faster and maybe skipped a few pages?

One things for sure, its a great example of how countries excel when they pool resources rather than shutting up shop and putting up barriers.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-12-03 11:04 AM

So the vaccine developed by a German Company team led by a Turkish and Greek married couple, and manufactured in Belgium and Germany by a partnering American Company is somehow a great UK boasting point because our Regulators read the data faster and maybe skipped a few pages?

One things for sure, its a great example of how countries excel when they pool resources rather than shutting up shop and putting up barriers.

So its not EU to the rescue is it? (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

If anything it will be the British more practical to adminster vacine that will save the world B-) ........

pelmetman - 2020-12-03 11:16 AM

If anything it will be the British more practical to adminster vacine that will save the world B-) ........

LOL! Lets hope the distribution plans have as little to do with the Tories as possible before you cast judgement on that on a vaccine that needs to be stored at -70c.

Assuming we can get it here in time before all our ports grind to a halt.

Barryd999 - 2020-12-03 11:43 AM

LOL! Lets hope the distribution plans have as little to do with the Tories as possible before you cast judgement on that on a vaccine that needs to be stored at -70c.

Are you sure English is your first language or don't you read before you post. Dave stated that the British vaccine you know the one that can be kept in a refrigerator that will save the world.

Just a point if we were still in the EU we would have to wait for the EU to licence the Pfizer vaccine.

teflon2 - 2020-12-03 6:04 PM

Barryd999 - 2020-12-03 11:43 AM

Are you sure English is your first language or don't you read before you post. Dave stated that the British vaccine you know the one that can be kept in a refrigerator that will save the world.

Just a point if we were still in the EU we would have to wait for the EU to licence the Pfizer vaccine.

No we wouldn't, that's the whole point. We currently are still under EU rules and regs but we still are allowed to approve it ourselves for our own use which is what happened. Handcock tried to make out it was because we left the Eu (We havent properly left) that we could speed that process up but has egg on his face now as its been exposed as complete bollox.

I normally do read Daves posts properly as I always like a good laugh but on this occasion you are correct. I missed the bit about the Oxford Vaccine. For once actually he may have a valid point. Especially if our government get anywhere near the logistics program of distribution.

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-12-03 12:33 PM

Invented in Germany

Manufactured in Belgium

Its even coming here on a Belgian Lorry

Are they not in the EU *-)

So what?,,,,,,,,,,My banana's come from abroad ;-) ........

But I don't have to follow their rules or pay a fee to buy their banana's :D ........

Just as our heath regulators didn't need to follow the rules of the EU Banana Republican Empire anymore >:-) ........

pelmetman - 2020-12-04 9:14 AM

Just as our heath regulators didn't need to follow the rules of the EU Banana Republican Empire anymore >:-) ........

Gawd how many more times

We are still bound by EU rules

But they did not stop us licencing the vaccine before them.

I can't put it any simpler than that so I might as well give up on that one

I'll leave you to win the argument by name calling again *-)

Changing the subject

You might have bother getting your money back from Ernie

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6221265/dont-touch-ns-i-with-a-barge-pole-if-you-think-you-might-want-your-money-back-any-time-soon#latest

BoJo has privatised the administration of National Savings to Atos, who were notorious for screwing up peoples benefits. You might discover what it was like for them trying to get their money.

John52 - 2020-12-04 10:15 AM

pelmetman - 2020-12-04 9:14 AM

Gawd how many more times

We are still bound by EU rules

But they did not stop us licencing the vaccine before them.

I can't put it any simpler than that so I might as well give up on that one

I'll leave you to win the argument by name calling again *-)

Changing the subject

You might have bother getting your money back from Ernie

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6221265/dont-touch-ns-i-with-a-barge-pole-if-you-think-you-might-want-your-money-back-any-time-soon#latest

BoJo has privatised the administration of National Savings to Atos, who were notorious for screwing up peoples benefits. You might discover what it was like for them trying to get their money.

Yep be careful who you deal with for sure now. My ISA fund got taken over from Legal and General by Reassure in September. L&G were always pretty good but Reassure are a shower of s**t. I had a crucial date to terminate mine and what a carry on. It took over a month in the end to get all the money, days of being on hold (literally) and they messed up and lost half the paper work. I ended up taking them to the Ombudsman and a complaints case is still ongoing.

Barryd999 - 2020-12-04 10:55 AM

Yep be careful who you deal with for sure now. My ISA fund got taken over from Legal and General by Reassure in September. L&G were always pretty good but Reassure are a shower of s**t. I had a crucial date to terminate mine and what a carry on. It took over a month in the end to get all the money, days of being on hold (literally) and they messed up and lost half the paper work. I ended up taking them to the Ombudsman and a complaints case is still ongoing.

I use Jarvis plc, because they run the sharedealing & custody services for Building Societies & other brokers, so you are dealing direct instead of through a middleman https://www.x-o.co.uk/

Also have some in Halifax Bank so as not all eggs in one basket, but its a bit of a faff having 2 platforms and some say I am being overcautious: https://www.iweb-sharedealing.co.uk/

Archived