Benefits to the MH community of a no deal Brexit?

curdle

curdle - 2020-12-15 7:59 PM

witzend - 2020-12-15 5:07 AM

" I didn't vote to leave because I'm a selfish motorhomer

I voted for what was best for the UK after 40+ years experience of living with what I was too young to vote for

This was my Post

I can remember voting whether to Join or Not. When the vote went to Join No one could understand who voted for it everyone said it had to be a Fix I can't remember anyone saying they voted to join.

But there wasn't the fuss that the Remoaners are making now everyone had to accept it was a democratic decision to join"

How does a discussion become "a fuss"? .

If you edit quotes do it properly the first 3 lines above are not what I said

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Witzend......I'm sure it was an unintentional error on Curdles part by using Pelmetmans quote which was in Derek Uzzells post on 15th at 9.20am......though quite how your post time got changed to 5.07am i've no idea!!!

Mixed up quotes occasionally happen when the first bracket is missed off from quote.....I think as a result of people either using phones or iPads rather than proper keyboards.

Bulletguy - 2020-12-16 23:59 PM

Witzend......I'm sure it was an unintentional error on Curdles part by using Pelmetmans quote which was in Derek Uzzells post on 15th at 9.20am......though quite how your post time got changed to 5.07am i've no idea!!!

Mixed up quotes occasionally happen when the first bracket is missed off from quote.....I think as a result of people either using phones or iPads rather than proper keyboards.

When composing a posting that includes a quoted post, the content of the quoted post can be edited by the composer either accidentally or deliberately. For example, I’ve changed the time of the post of yours that I’ve quoted above from its original 12:50 PM to 23:59 PM. This has no effect on the time on your original post and anybody can do it.

Barryd999 - 2020-12-16 5:11 PM

Can you give it a bit longer Derek as I am still trying to be the first to come up with a genuine benefit to motorhomers from Brexit?

Perhaps Warners could offer up a prize for the first person to find one.

Less Brit motorhomers abroad !! there you go a benefit :D (lol) (lol)

Before Covid happened, I rather thought that the diminished flow of UK motor-homers to the EU, post Brexit, would be an advantage, especially with long term stays cut short. Why?? UK motor-homers are fast gaining an overwhelmingly poor reputation for environmental care and negative economic stimulus to EU economies. Witness the current backlash in Portugal where I have Austrian, French and Portuguese friends who are long-standing residents, who refer to English (sic) motor-homers as overwhelming cheapskates polluting the landscape with their illegally deposited sewerage, living off baked bean tins and drinking cheap box wine with little contribution to the local economy. The same reaction is occurring in Scotland and is it any wonder that UK local councils are hostile to motor-homers. I think COVID has destroyed any optimism, I had in a change in attitude. Now we have legions of newbys ready to clog sites within the UK and across Europe .

I did wonder if there would be less Brit motorhomes in Europe once Covid eases off (if it eases off) but then as said above, perhaps not now there are thousands of newbies who haven't exactly shown us at our best this summer here. So I am not so sure. Perhaps there will be more.

On our last trip we sported some Pro EU stickers on the van "EU Flag hearts" and on the bike. They became a great talking point and the French, Germans and Italians I found were more friendly than ever and wanted to know what was going on and what we thought of it all. So maybe that was a benefit!! (lol)

If we do get abroad next year I think ill be going for something even more obvious. Ill probably keep the flags but just stick a big one of these in the back window.

1921793130_NoJohnsonzonesticker.jpg.96eb707025733369250a0355e3c90dab.jpg

Derek Uzzell - 2020-12-16 4:49 PM

I believe this thread has run its course. It’s over 100 postings long, has become very complex, discusses multiple issues (voting, BREXIT, Schengen, travell with pets, etc.) in no particular order and has now entered the arguing stage.

I did suggest that in the third post. If this sort of thread is allowed to continue then this forum is done for in the same way that MothorhomeFacts was wrecked by the small number of remain voters who created a bullying clique. At least one of them is posting in this thread.

kevina - 2020-12-16 11:27 PM

Derek Uzzell - 2020-12-16 4:49 PM

I believe this thread has run its course. It’s over 100 postings long, has become very complex, discusses multiple issues (voting, BREXIT, Schengen, travell with pets, etc.) in no particular order and has now entered the arguing stage.

I did suggest that in the third post. If this sort of thread is allowed to continue then this forum is done for in the same way that MothorhomeFacts was wrecked by the small number of remain voters who created a bullying clique. At least one of them is posting in this thread.

LOL! Care to identify them? It would appear about three posts down on the first page you cast the first stone by accusing I presume the OP who asked a perfectly valid question of being a troll. Exactly the kind of thing that happened on FACTS. Selective memory I think.

This thread IMO has been lighthearted and at times amusing. I suspect it will get relegated to Chatterbollox now but as well as being amusing I think it was a good challenge to see if anyone could find a single benefit to motorhomers from Brexit. I must admit I was fairly sceptical that anyone would as so far nobody has found a single benefit of Brexit full stop so its hardly likely they will find one for continental touring motorhomers I guess.

Archived