Hahaaaaaaaaa ...

Birdbrain

Barryd999 - 2020-12-24 12:50 PM

Of course the WA (Mays deal) stands. The oven ready Brexit deal which is totally in the EUs favour. This will include the 40 Billion or whatever it is now.

So I guess we could have done this deal years ago.

But BoJo had to take it beyond the wire to placate the hard brexit loons and keep Farage down.

Just been doing my self-assessment, thats bad enough. I pity anyone trying to run a business from England with Brexit and Covid etc etc on top of all that :-(

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brian Kirby - 2020-12-24 1:01 PM

Barryd999 - 2020-12-24 12:50 PM................It wont matter of course as the tabloids will sell it as a great "Boris" Victory and that will be that. The Brexiteers wont look at the details or believe them when they are exposed.

That is already evident!! :-D

To be honest, I have not looked at a single headline. Mainly because I have been busy with other stuff but partly because I can just imagine what the likes of the Sun, Mail, Express etc will be putting up. Without looking I bet its all about "Boris coming to the rescue". "We won Brexit!" and other such crap. That will be enough for the majority of Brexiteers.

So much for BoJo's 'free trade deal' *-)

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/dec/24/scottish-seed-potato-farmers-sold-out-in-brexit-deal-says-snp

Looks worse than May's deal

Great boost for the SNP :-D

BoJo will have to ramp up the money (again) he taxes off you and gives to us to bribe the crackheads here to vote for him and maintain his empire at your expense :-S

BoJo.jpg.374038432ad30778e797b2caf9ff0d8c.jpg

Guest pelmetman

Looks like I was right to avoid the feeding frenzy of Haters :D ..........

We had a nice Paella mixta B-) ........

Kinda think it will be our new Christmas Eve tradition whether we spend our Crimbo in the UK or Spain :-> .......

Have a Lovely Hate filled Christmas LOSERS (lol) (lol) (lol) .......

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2020-12-24 5:05 PM

"We've just spent four and half years filling the edges of a 50p and today are ready to launch the new 10p"

Kinda shows just how stupid you LOSERS are ;-) .........

(lol) (lol) (lol) ............

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2020-12-24 5:00 PM

I don't use Twitter.

Off course not Brian ;-) .........

You dont need any help to be a Twit :D .........

Guest pelmetman
jumpstart - 2020-12-24 7:00 PM

CurtainRaiser - 2020-12-24 5:05 PM

"We've just spent four and half years filling the edges of a 50p and today are ready to launch the new 10p"

Thank god its not the euro.

Give Brexit Blighty a few years ;-) .......and you will prolly get 2 euro's to the pound >:-) ........

Barryd999 - 2020-12-24 4:20 PM

Everyone seems to be jumping the gun but one things for sure the Brexiteers are not happy if the Leave.EU FB site is anything to go by. 1700+ replies and not many positive ones. Mind you, when have you ever seen a happy Brexiteer? (lol)

https://www.facebook.com/leaveeuofficial/photos/a.805855112846065/3601858649912350/

The only people who will be happy with it are the pelmetheads who believe the nonsense in the Tory media.

I don't think anyone who actually reads and understands it will be happy with it, because the EU will never give us a better deal than we had as a member.

So BoJo had to delay it till now so no one would have time to organise any resistance to it

:-S

John52 - 2020-12-24 8:03 PM

Everyone seems to be jumping the gun but one things for sure the Brexiteers are not happy if the Leave.EU FB site is anything to go by. 1700+ replies and not many positive ones. Mind you, when have you ever seen a happy Brexiteer? (lol)

https://www.facebook.com/leaveeuofficial/photos/a.805855112846065/3601858649912350/

The only people who will be happy with it are the pelmetheads who believe the nonsense in the Tory media.

I don't think anyone who actually reads and understands it will be happy with it, because the EU will never give us a better deal than we had as a member.

So BoJo had to delay it till now so no one would have time to organise any resistance to it

Leaving is a better deal.

colin - 2020-12-24 8:47 PM

I suspect a few Tory MP's will vote against it, question is will Starmer ask his MP's to vote for, or abstain.

Whatever, that's 25% of our trade with EU sorted, what about the other 75%?

Difficult choice for Starmer.

If he supports this awful deal, he can't criticise it because BoJo will just say 'you voted for it'

If he doesn't support this awful deal we will get no-deal which will be worse for the country, but better for Starmer because he can wash his hands of BoJo's mess.

Its a credit to Startmer he appears to be putting the country before politics. BoJo never does.

747 - 2020-12-24 9:33 PM

It seems that the biggest loser is Wee Krankie. She had a right cob on at the news.

Its a bad deal for Scotland too, but BoJo will just give us even more English taxpayers money to bribe the crackheads to vote for him and maintain his empire at your expense.

No deal would have been better for the SNP, because then BoJo would never have enough of your money to bribe us to vote for him. A double whammy - we would want more, and you would have less.

No deal would have made Nicola Sturgeon a winner, but I wouldn't say she is a loser - she is no worse off than she was before. But the English will be.

Pelmethead wont be happy with it. Its messed up his sig for a kick off and he was a rabid no dealer. He is putting on a brave face on here but he is one of those in that Leave.eu link for sure. Nothing but a clean break will do for them and in some respects that is the only true Brexit. Bonkers but it is. Any trade deal we sign now keeps the WA alive and also ties us into EU rules but looking at the actual benefits we have retained apart from Tariff free trade as long as we follow their rules I cant see any.

Mind you its early days and Ive been busy elsewhere so I guess we will find out in due course. Johnson is probably hoping everyone will take their eye off the ball on Christmas Eve but the Brexit geeks wont.

Thanks for the list Curtain Raiser

Its even worse than that though because Britain's thriving Audio Visual on demand services will have to relocate to the EU to retain access. I'm wondering if BoJo left the Independent media out of it because they haven't been giving him such good coverage? and prefers state media BBC he can control? I expect it will hit the BBC too, they won't be able to relocate to the EU to maintain access to their market, leaving them short of money and more dependent on the licence fee he has control of?

Awful deal but better than nothing

I was looking if there is anything about still needing a green card, and how long our passports are valid for

Last I heard was its 9 years 6 months from the date of issue, irrespective of the expiry date.

Barryd999 - 2020-12-24 10:55 PM

Pelmethead wont be happy with it. Its messed up his sig for a kick off and he was a rabid no dealer. He is putting on a brave face on here but he is one of those in that Leave.eu link for sure. Nothing but a clean break will do for them and in some respects that is the only true Brexit. Bonkers but it is. Any trade deal we sign now keeps the WA alive and also ties us into EU rules but looking at the actual benefits we have retained apart from Tariff free trade as long as we follow their rules I cant see any.

Mind you its early days and Ive been busy elsewhere so I guess we will find out in due course. Johnson is probably hoping everyone will take their eye off the ball on Christmas Eve but the Brexit geeks wont.

I expect Pelmethead will say the EU has caved in, which no one who has actually read it will believe.

But its not over with

Left more questions than answers, and a huge increase in bureaucracy it was supposed to reduce.

BoJo will no doubt still blame the EU for his failures, and want to revisit the deal or renege on it like he threatened to do before.

John52 - 2020-12-25 7:36 AM

Barryd999 - 2020-12-24 10:55 PM

I expect Pelmethead will say the EU has caved in, which no one who has actually read it will believe.

But its not over with

Left more questions than answers, and a huge increase in bureaucracy it was supposed to reduce.

BoJo will no doubt still blame the EU for his failures, and want to revisit the deal or renege on it like he threatened to do before.

If he reneges on anything which includes all the stuff in the WA then we have just witnessed the sort of thing that will happen. I suspect that kind of chaos at Dover is going to happen anyway as there will still be queues as there is still going to be checks on goods. Well at the French end. Brits probably just wont bother.

I can see years of us wrangling and twisting and begging for more. It will never be feckin over.

Archived