Fishing

Bulletguy

Birdbrain - 2021-01-16 4:21 PM

CurtainRaiser - 2021-01-16 3:52 PM

Violet1956 - 2021-01-16 3:38 PM

Barryd999 - 2021-01-16 9:38 AM

StuartO - 2021-01-16 9:25 AM

PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO BIRDBRAIN'S POSTS

Gentlemen of Chatterbox, Birdbrain has been resorting to side-tracking and provocative posts and throwing insults left right and centre to keep himself active on this (and other) threads, ignoring the widespread criticism he has faced, as if he was our own pestilent Donald Trump, careless of anyone's views other than his own and determined to bluster his way through. It makes no sense to respond to him any way.

I'm not trying to censor him, simply to discourage him from going OTT and behaving so badly towards others. I suggest everyone simply ignores his posts altogether for a couple of weeks to encourage the penny to drop that he should not be so habitually nasty. He has toned his insults down a little since I started posting these notices, so they are having a useful effect.

A few regular contributors have chosen to continue responding to Birdbrain and this has shown us that he, Birdbrain, is pretty much unrepentant and is still responding in his same old ways, including with spurious, indeed rather silly counter-accusations. It is notewworthy however that everyone seems to agree that Birdbrain's habit of agressive posts and offensive insulting of people is awful and I would therefore ask everyone to consider simply ignoring Birdbrain's posts until he shows us that he will mend his ways.

This is getting tiresome now Stuart. You made your point.

I'm inclined to agree with Barry Stuart. Not a fan of the "no platforming" angle. Antony hoists himself by his own petard. I remember the days when Maggie attempted to silence Gerry Adams. It backfired.

Are you suggesting that we should blow up a hotel that Anthony is staying in?

I'm in!

Shame on you for actually posting that ... Thats a disgusting thing to say ... No smilie, no attempt at humour with it just a terrible comment like that and supposedly I'm the bad guy ... Stuart is on some kind of moral campaign on here, if he says nothing about that then hes the biggest hypocrite on here ... Shameful stuff

Well at the risk of facing the wrath of Stuart.

Let's drill down into your double standards here. So to ensure that it is clear that something so outrageous is recognised as humour it must be accompanied by a smile? Well I'm new here and I've looked back at your responses to the few posts I've made and you keep saying I'm a hater, a sister, a princess and similar. These statements are never accompanied by smiles so am I to accept them as statements of fact?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gentlemen of Chatterbox, Birdbrain has been resorting to side-tracking and provocative posts and throwing insults left right and centre to keep himself active on this (and other) threads, ignoring the widespread criticism he has faced, as if he was our own pestilent Donald Trump, careless of anyone's views other than his own and determined to bluster his way through. It makes no sense to respond to him any way.

I'm not trying to censor him, simply to discourage him from going OTT and behaving so badly towards others. I suggest everyone simply ignores his posts altogether for a couple of weeks to encourage the penny to drop that he should not be so habitually nasty. He has toned his insults down a little since I started posting these notices, so they are having a useful effect.

A few regular contributors have chosen to continue responding to Birdbrain and this has shown us that he, Birdbrain, is pretty much unrepentant and is still responding in his same old ways, including with spurious, indeed rather silly counter-accusations. It is notewworthy however that everyone seems to agree that Birdbrain's habit of agressive posts and offensive insulting of people is awful and I would therefore ask everyone to consider simply ignoring Birdbrain's posts until he shows us that he will mend his ways.

I'm inclined to agree with Barry Stuart. Not a fan of the "no platforming" angle. Antony hoists himself by his own petard. I remember the days when Maggie attempted to silence Gerry Adams. It backfired.

I'm in!

Shame on you for actually posting that ... Thats a disgusting thing to say ... No smilie, no attempt at humour with it just a terrible comment like that and supposedly I'm the bad guy ... Stuart is on some kind of moral campaign on here, if he says nothing about that then hes the biggest hypocrite on here ... Shameful stuff

Well it made me laugh so much I nearly had to send for an ambulance. (lol)

I had a cod today for my Lunch by the way. One of Jacobs Happy Cods. Its said so on the blackboard in the chippy!

StuartO - 2021-01-16 9:42 AM

The reason why Birdbrain is persisting is because the odd one like you is deciding to continue exchanges with him; if you stopped doing so that there was a universal avoudance of him, he would then capitulate. It might take a few more days and bit more in the way of shameful exposure of his ways but why not give it a try? You agree that his behaviour is awful so why not take this opportunity to influence him?

I dont remember agreeing that his behaviour is awful. Mentally unhinged perhaps but then most of us have probably started to go that way by now. (lol) Just leave it and crack on.

Barryd999 - 2021-01-16 5:34 PM

I'm in!

Well it made me laugh so much I nearly had to send for an ambulance. (lol)

I had a cod today for my Lunch by the way. One of Jacobs Happy Cods. Its said so on the blackboard in the chippy!

I'm sure if you looked closely it had a sad look.

Birdbrain - 2021-01-16 3:22 PM

Barryd999 - 2021-01-16 9:42 AM

Birdbrain - 2021-01-16 6:57 AM

I thought fishing due to the ittsy bitsy liccle amount of wonga it brings is irrelevant and unimportant ... Seems it isnt now ... Chuckle ... Seems that throwing insults the way of Mr Rees Mogg is acceptable ... Seems we have double standards ... Seems we need Super Stu

But it was the symbol of Brexit! The very ethos of Brexit! The great opportunity to take back control of our fishing and give those funny foreigners a bloody nose. It was one of the biggest political selling points of Brexit. It mattered not to the Brexiteers how irrelevant it was because they weren't listening. Now its become the very essence of just how crazy Brexit was and how project fear will become project reality. How many times did I post about the shell fishing industry being on its arse in four weeks of a no deal Brexit? Plus we got a deal and it still looks dire for them!

"it was the symbol of Brexit! The very ethos of Brexit!" ... Really ... I dont recall when having discussions about Brexit to those who voted leave that fishing was numero uno reason they did so ... Kind of what proof do you have that most of the 17 million leave voters thought like you seem to say they did ???

Yeah it was! One of the biggies right up there with the £350 million quids which the NHS is still waiting for by the way. Someone nicked all their PPE at the beginning of all of this Covid stuff from a lorry in Huddersfield so they are desperate now!!

StuartO - 2021-01-16 5:08 PM

I'm not trying to censor him, simply to discourage him from going OTT and behaving so badly towards others. I suggest everyone simply ignores his posts altogether for a couple of weeks to encourage the penny to drop that he should not be so habitually nasty. If you would like to see what he has been posting browse pages 6 and earlier of the Trump's Last Throw of the Dice thread. Birdbrain has eased off on his insults since them but he's replaced with outraged complaining on a completely spurious basis. As you can see from reading this notice all I'm doing is asking him to tell us he's not going to be so nasty from now on.

A few regular contributors have chosen to continue responding to Birdbrain and that's a pity because I think they are likely to be giving Birdbrain encouragement but he is pretty much unrepentant so far and is sticking to his ourage about being persecuted, which of course is nonesense. Everyone seems to agree that Birdbrain's habit of aggressive posts and offensive, gratuitous insulting of people has been awful.

I would therefore ask everyone to consider simply ignoring Birdbrain's posts until he shows us that he will mend his ways. If we all do this for a while he's bound to get the message eventually.

So a fella who mocks hotel bombing deaths and injuries and more than suggests he'd like to blow me up in a terrorist attack goes unpunished in this brave new Stuart world ... What a hypocrite you are Stuart

Birdbrain - 2021-01-16 7:48 PM

I'm not trying to censor him, simply to discourage him from going OTT and behaving so badly towards others. I suggest everyone simply ignores his posts altogether for a couple of weeks to encourage the penny to drop that he should not be so habitually nasty. If you would like to see what he has been posting browse pages 6 and earlier of the Trump's Last Throw of the Dice thread. Birdbrain has eased off on his insults since them but he's replaced with outraged complaining on a completely spurious basis. As you can see from reading this notice all I'm doing is asking him to tell us he's not going to be so nasty from now on.

A few regular contributors have chosen to continue responding to Birdbrain and that's a pity because I think they are likely to be giving Birdbrain encouragement but he is pretty much unrepentant so far and is sticking to his ourage about being persecuted, which of course is nonesense. Everyone seems to agree that Birdbrain's habit of aggressive posts and offensive, gratuitous insulting of people has been awful.

I would therefore ask everyone to consider simply ignoring Birdbrain's posts until he shows us that he will mend his ways. If we all do this for a while he's bound to get the message eventually.

So a fella who mocks hotel bombing deaths and injuries and more than suggests he'd like to blow me up in a terrorist attack goes unpunished in this brave new Stuart world ... What a hypocrite you are Stuart

Still haven't answered this:

Let's drill down into your double standards here. So to ensure that it is clear that something so outrageous is recognised as humour it must be accompanied by a smile? Well I'm new here and I've looked back at your responses to the few posts I've made and you keep saying I'm a hater, a sister, a princess and similar. These statements are never accompanied by smiles so am I to accept them as statements of fact?

CurtainRaiser - 2021-01-16 8:33 PM

Birdbrain - 2021-01-16 7:48 PM

Still haven't answered this:

Your trying to defend suggesting blowing someone up in a terrorist attack, another member on here... Now if you or the rest of the forum dont find that disgraceful it shows just how low the forum has become and to be fair Warners in my humble opinion should shut down this section if thats the case

CurtainRaiser - 2021-01-16 8:59 PM

Your initial complaint was that you could not tell that it was humorous because it didn't have a smile, so sticking to that complaint please explain your double standards to the rest of the forum.

Not quite but nice try ... "shame on you for actually posting that" and "Thats a disgusting thing to say" were my initial complaints ... I dont think, or I hope I dont have to explain anything to "the forum" on just how disgusting it is to talk about blowing up another member in a hotel terrorist attack ... Go away and do as your hero Stuart says ... Utterly vile thing to say but kind of follows on from why you were banned from here first time around ... Stuart ??????????

Birdbrain - 2021-01-16 9:07 PM

CurtainRaiser - 2021-01-16 8:59 PM

Your initial complaint was that you could not tell that it was humorous because it didn't have a smile, so sticking to that complaint please explain your double standards to the rest of the forum.

Not quite but nice try ... "shame on you for actually posting that" and "Thats a disgusting thing to say" were my initial complaints ... I dont think, or I hope I dont have to explain anything to "the forum" on just how disgusting it is to talk about blowing up another member in a hotel terrorist attack ... Go away and do as your hero Stuart says ... Utterly vile thing to say but kind of follows on from why you were banned from here first time around ... Stuart ??????????

I've edited the post now.

Boom! Boom!

I'm sorry to have to persist with these notices but they are having a useful effect so please stick with me in this. Birdbrain is at least holding back on his insults to others on here (except that he's made me his new target of course, with silly, spurious personal challenges) so please be patient. Chatterbox is not moderated so if we ever want to discourage someone like Birdbrain from behaving like Mr Nasty, this is probably the only way to do it.

Birdbrain likes be outrageous - nothing necessarily wrong with that but he also does it with completely unnecessary nastiness by habitually showering others with personalised insults. Here's an example of how one contributor has described Birdbrain's methods: "The derogatory effeminate insults he uses as 'put downs' against any fm's not on his mates list, 'princess', 'sweet cheeks', 'the sisters', 'haters' etc are very juvenile. His personal snipes against me ("microwave meal for one again") refer to my living alone which appears to amuse him. Quite why he does this i've no idea as plenty of people live alone, but what on earth his peculiar obsession with my grandchildren is all about God alone knows and bringing an fm's grandchildren into forum discussions for no valid reason absolutely crosses the line." Another another example: " Its not nice to call people Fatty, Hater and Loser though Mr Birdbrain. I have to say thats very naughty." Everyone seems to agree that Birdbrain's habit of aggressive posts and offensive, gratuitous insulting of people has been really awful.

So that's why I started posting these suggestions that we simply cut off any responses to Birdbrain until he show's us that he is going to behave better. I'm not trying to censor him or discourage his outspokenness, simply to discourage him from behaving so nastily towards others. Since I started this campaign Birdbrain has actually stopped his habitual insults to anyone who argues with him more or less completely - although of course he has started making me his new target instead and he's trying to maintain an impression that he's not going to change. But he is clearly showing that he's rattled and frustrated, so this campaign of not responding to him and me posting these notices repetitively is working.

A few regular contributors have chosen to continue responding to Birdbrain and that's a pity because I think they are likely to be giving Birdbrain the oxygen of attention which he craves. Chatterbox contributors are perhaps not natural team players but in this sort of case I suggest that we should stick together and stay with it. I would therefore ask everyone to consider simply ignoring Birdbrain's posts, as I have done, until he shows us that he will mend his ways. If we all do this for a while he's bound to get the message eventually. It shouldn't take all that long.

Birdbrain - 2021-01-17 7:15 AM

Mmmmm ... In Stuarts Chatterbox arguing and debating not acceptable ... Publicly wishing another member dead in a terrorist bombing is acceptable ... Care to explain how that is Stuart ???

Stuart ... Be interesting to read your take on this ... Your deafening silence on this matter during your very vocal moral campaign seems to suggest that wishing death on a forum member is less offensive than arguing to see evidence of POTUS Trumps involvement in the riots ??? ... Surely that cant be right can it ??? ... CRIKEY!!! ... Just posted that and seen your previous response ... Unbelievable, disgraceful, shameful, etc etc ... I mean this more than anything I haver posted before ... Shame on you

Birdbrain - 2021-01-17 11:23 AM

CurtainRaiser - 2021-01-17 10:07 AM

Aaaaah ... Claiming you wanted to blow me up in a hotel was all a big joke ... Ye, I can just imagine the reaction had I said exactly the same ... Stu

Well it made me PMSL. Im still laughing at it now. (lol)

Barryd999 - 2021-01-17 12:17 PM

Aaaaah ... Claiming you wanted to blow me up in a hotel was all a big joke ... Ye, I can just imagine the reaction had I said exactly the same ... Stu

Yes that doesnt surprise me ... After all you proudly boast that you find criminality and violence "funny" ... We can now add to that blowing folk up makes you pi$$ yaself ... On here unbelievably I'm meant to be the bad guy ... Go figure ... Stu ???

Birdbrain - 2021-01-17 12:55 PM

Yes that doesnt surprise me ... After all you proudly boast that you find criminality and violence "funny" ... We can now add to that blowing folk up makes you pi$$ yaself ... On here unbelievably I'm meant to be the bad guy ... Go figure ... Stu ???

Never said I wasn't also a bad guy. Bit Rock n Roll me you see. Tearing down racist statues, blowing up Trump supporters from Uddersfield!! All funny! (lol)

Barryd999 - 2021-01-17 2:19 PM

Never said I wasn't also a bad guy. Bit Rock n Roll me you see. Tearing down racist statues, blowing up Trump supporters from Uddersfield!! All funny! (lol)

You forgot the bloke trying to burn the Union Flag n'all that tickled ya so ... You dint find a few folk turning up and playing in the river funny though ... Cant think why ... Hypocrisy lives strong ... Stu ???

Birdbrain - 2021-01-17 3:59 PM

You forgot the bloke trying to burn the Union Flag n'all that tickled ya so ... You dint find a few folk turning up and playing in the river funny though ... Cant think why ... Hypocrisy lives strong ... Stu ???

Told you before. I never ever found the burning of our flag funny. You got that mixed up totally and when asked to prove it you couldnt.

Have no idea what your on about regarding playing in the river.

Barryd999 - 2021-01-17 4:36 PM

Told you before. I never ever found the burning of our flag funny. You got that mixed up totally and when asked to prove it you couldnt.

Your colleagues on another channel were mixed up n'all then??? ... You know the river, when you were hypocritically moaning about folk coming for the day out by you during lockdown while you found others carrying out vandalism and criminality elsewhere during lockdown "funny"

I'm sorry to have to persist with these notices but they are having a useful effect so please stick with me in this. Birdbrain is at least holding back on his insults to others on here (except that he's made me his new target of course, with silly, spurious personal challenges) so please be patient. Chatterbox is not moderated so if we ever want to discourage someone like Birdbrain from behaving like Mr Nasty, this is probably the only way to do it.

Birdbrain likes be outrageous - nothing necessarily wrong with that but he also does it with completely unnecessary nastiness by habitually showering others with personalised insults. Here's an example of how one contributor has described Birdbrain's methods: "The derogatory effeminate insults he uses as 'put downs' against any fm's not on his mates list, 'princess', 'sweet cheeks', 'the sisters', 'haters' etc are very juvenile. His personal snipes against me ("microwave meal for one again") refer to my living alone which appears to amuse him. Quite why he does this i've no idea as plenty of people live alone, but what on earth his peculiar obsession with my grandchildren is all about God alone knows and bringing an fm's grandchildren into forum discussions for no valid reason absolutely crosses the line." Another another example: " Its not nice to call people Fatty, Hater and Loser though Mr Birdbrain. I have to say thats very naughty." Everyone seems to agree that Birdbrain's habit of aggressive posts and offensive, gratuitous insulting of people has been really awful.

So that's why I started posting these suggestions that we simply cut off any responses to Birdbrain until he show's us that he is going to behave better. I'm not trying to censor him or discourage his outspokenness, simply to discourage him from behaving so nastily towards others. Since I started this campaign Birdbrain has actually stopped his habitual insults to anyone who argues with him more or less completely - although of course he has started making me his new target instead and he's trying to maintain an impression that he's not going to change. But he is clearly showing that he's rattled and frustrated, so this campaign of not responding to him and me posting these notices repetitively is working.

A few regular contributors have chosen to continue responding to Birdbrain and that's a pity because I think they are likely to be giving Birdbrain the oxygen of attention which he craves. Chatterbox contributors are perhaps not natural team players but in this sort of case I suggest that we should stick together and stay with it. I would therefore ask everyone to consider simply ignoring Birdbrain's posts, as I have done, until he shows us that he will mend his ways. If we all do this for a while he's bound to get the message eventually. It shouldn't take all that long.

Birdbrain - 2021-01-17 4:48 PM

Barryd999 - 2021-01-17 4:36 PM

Your colleagues on another channel were mixed up n'all then??? ... You know the river, when you were hypocritically moaning about folk coming for the day out by you during lockdown while you found others carrying out vandalism and criminality elsewhere during lockdown "funny"

One person backed your story up about me condoning the burning of a UK flag and he like you was confused. The only thing I said was no big deal was some child climbing on the cenotaph and holding onto a flag pole. You both are confused. I asked you to produce the evidence of what you think I said and you could produce nothing so I suggested you retracted and apologised but you failed to do so which is fine but now you seem to want to bring it up again. Put up or shut up!!

Ah yes the River. Too right I was extremely annoyed about that. Hordes of yobs breaking the rules and trashing our beauty spots so much so the army had to be called in. Had it been a racist river and part of a protest I might not have objected.

Bulletguy - 2021-01-16 3:17 PM

Scottish fishermen have resorted to sailing to Denmark to land their catch as Brexit red tape continues to delay exports, an industry body has said.....................................

Which seems to be the main point. From Fraserburgh, where a lot of the fleet seems to be based, to the nearest bit of the Danish coast is a tad light of 400 miles. From Google Earth the boats look fairly substantial, but not that large, and 400 miles of North Sea, in winter, on a fishing boat, isn't what I'd want to do to land my catch! Hardly without added cost or risk.

Silly thing is, they are the same fish, caught in the same places, in the same sea, by the same (Scottish) boat, but if landed in Denmark they apparently become Danish (and hence EU) fish and not Scottish (and therefore not UK, and therefore not "third country") fish, and all EU import regulations are side stepped Really? Is this true? Exam question: who signed up to that? :-D

Brian Kirby - 2021-01-17 6:06 PM

Bulletguy - 2021-01-16 3:17 PM

Scottish fishermen have resorted to sailing to Denmark to land their catch as Brexit red tape continues to delay exports, an industry body has said.....................................

Which seems to be the main point. From Fraserburgh, where a lot of the fleet seems to be based, to the nearest bit of the Danish coast is a tad light of 400 miles. From Google Earth the boats look fairly substantial, but not that large, and 400 miles of North Sea, in winter, on a fishing boat, isn't what I'd want to do to land my catch! Hardly without added cost or risk.

Silly thing is, they are the same fish, caught in the same places, in the same sea, by the same (Scottish) boat, but if landed in Denmark they apparently become Danish (and hence EU) fish and not Scottish (and therefore not UK, and therefore not "third country") fish, and all EU import regulations are side stepped Really? Is this true? Exam question: who signed up to that? :-D

So if a container of goods is sent by fishing boat and unloaded in Denmark does the same apply?

Archived