Fishing

Bulletguy

Brian Kirby - 2021-01-17 6:06 PM

Bulletguy - 2021-01-16 3:17 PM

Scottish fishermen have resorted to sailing to Denmark to land their catch as Brexit red tape continues to delay exports, an industry body has said.....................................

Which seems to be the main point. From Fraserburgh, where a lot of the fleet seems to be based, to the nearest bit of the Danish coast is a tad light of 400 miles. From Google Earth the boats look fairly substantial, but not that large, and 400 miles of North Sea, in winter, on a fishing boat, isn't what I'd want to do to land my catch! Hardly without added cost or risk.

Silly thing is, they are the same fish, caught in the same places, in the same sea, by the same (Scottish) boat, but if landed in Denmark they apparently become Danish (and hence EU) fish and not Scottish (and therefore not UK, and therefore not "third country") fish, and all EU import regulations are side stepped Really? Is this true? Exam question: who signed up to that? :-D

Crazy isn't it? As one fisherman whose been in the industry 45 years told James O'Brien "To fix this, there is only one fix: we must rejoin the customs union and the single market, it's that simple. It's not complicated, that is the bottom line."

Idiots like Mogg spouting rubbish about fish being British so they're 'happier and better for it' quite frankly should go and join his 'happy fish' in the ocean.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/james-obrien/fisherman-tells-james-obrien-brexit-deal-is-total-lunacy-for-uk-fisheries/

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Johnsons Got Crabs!!

Will he will have shortly, outside his front door!

https://news.sky.com/story/brexit-shellfish-lorries-park-near-downing-street-as-new-rules-cause-severe-delays-at-eu-border-12191385?fbclid=IwAR2GyF90TIDOA4RbBVAd3MRviYajDZ0nlbVvnpEnna-o3AHRkv20nMKvKJU

I seem to remember posting several times in the past about how the WFA (Welsh Fishing Association) had predicted the entire shell fishing industry would be bust in just four weeks in a no deal Brexit and it was dismissed as project fear. Well here we are with a supposed deal and its still looking grim for them. The irony being that over 90% of fishermen voted to leave!

Barryd999 - 2021-01-18 11:39 AM

Johnsons Got Crabs!!

Well he will have shortly, outside his front door!

They should start dumping their rotting fish at number 10........that would soon wake him up.

The irony being that over 90% of fishermen voted to leave!

And now kicking themselves for being conned.

Bulletguy - 2021-01-18 3:05 PM

Barryd999 - 2021-01-18 11:39 AM

Johnsons Got Crabs!!

Well he will have shortly, outside his front door!

They should start dumping their rotting fish at number 10........that would soon wake him up.

The irony being that over 90% of fishermen voted to leave!

And now kicking themselves for being conned.

I think the Rozzers were searching the trucks to see if any had rotting fish in them. I would have loved to have seen that but sadly I suspect they wont get near number 10. I would settle for Johnson just being slapped with a big Haddock to be honest. Preferably when he is stood next to Teddington Lock

From a trucker who didn't vote Leave because his business relies on freedom of movement for his deliveries, trying to comprehend why so many fishermen voted to put their businesses at risk, listens to a Leave voting fisherman who realises they've been stuffed!

Bulletguy - 2021-01-18 3:35 PM

From a trucker who didn't vote Leave because his business relies on freedom of movement for his deliveries, trying to comprehend why so many fishermen voted to put their businesses at risk, listens to a Leave voting fisherman who realises they've been stuffed!

But but but They knew what they were voting for!

Chuckle

1495312194_fishingforleave(Custom).jpg.813d188a2533d949320de46ec4941191.jpg

Johnson blames seafood exporters ‘not filling in the right forms’ for post-Brexit sales crash. He also claimed the UK would control “all the fish” in its coastal waters in years to come – even though the EU has the right to impose harsh retaliation if it tries.

Had he said it's the fishing industries fault for listening to him and voting Brexit he would have a point.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-seafood-sales-boris-johnson-b1788936.html

Archived