Another LOSER losing it..........

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2021-02-08 5:40 PM

Brian Kirby - 2021-02-05 6:36 PM

Brian Kirby - 2021-02-05 12:42 PM

pelmetman - 2021-02-05 9:41 AM......................I prefer to believe the evidence Ducky :D ..........

Which is? Do show.

Come on Dave, where's your evidence? Or are you waiting for the DM to print it out for you - based on more stuff that its ill-informed readership "believes"? :-D

So you have no evidence, and accept that whether or not we were/are in the EMA would have made no difference. Good! :-D

Still refusing to accept the evidence Brian? ;-) .........

I hear 12 million Brits have had their first jab B-) ........

How many have had it in your EU La La Land? (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pelmetman - 2021-02-08 5:57 PM

pelmetman - 2021-02-05 9:41 AM......................I prefer to believe the evidence Ducky :D ..........

Which is? Do show.

Come on Dave, where's your evidence? Or are you waiting for the DM to print it out for you - based on more stuff that its ill-informed readership "believes"? :-D

So you have no evidence, and accept that whether or not we were/are in the EMA would have made no difference. Good! :-D

Still refusing to accept the evidence Brian? ;-) .........

How many have had it in your EU La La Land? (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

You claim Sir Keir Starmer "tells lies". I asked you to produce a list of these alleged 'lies' and you've failed to show so YOU were LYING just as you chum Johnson does. LIES just trip off his tongue with regualarity.

So, it goes like this:

pelmetman - 2021-02-05 9:41 AM

Brian Kirby - 2021-02-04 5:55 PM

pelmetman - 2021-02-04 4:31 PM........................The bloke who wanted us to stay part of the EMA would have done less damage to the UK??? 8-) ...................... ..........

Our membership of the EMA would not have influenced the outcomes for the UK one way or the other............................

I prefer to believe the evidence Ducky :D ..........

Which is? Do show.

How many have had it in your EU La La Land? ..............

So, let me get this right.

1 More people in the UK have been vaccinated than in the EU?

2 This is because the UK used a provision of EU law that allows it's own medicines agency to authorise vaccines for use within the UK?

You are arguing that if Starmer had won the last election (so we're now in fairy land! :-)), and kept us in the EU and the EMA (so we're now in two fairy lands! :-D), the EU would have prevented UK medicines agency from authorising vaccines for use within the UK (so we're now in three fairy lands!!! :-D :-D? Is that right?

So, what I'm now struggling to understand is why/how you think the EU could prevent the UK medicines agency from authorising vaccines for use within the UK under one government, but permit it under a different UK government.

Would that because the EU likes people called Boris, but doesn't like people called Keir? :-D

Same rules, same vaccines, same country - just two different PMs. So what, apart from the names, is different?

Brian Kirby - 2021-02-09 12:41 PM

So, it goes like this:

pelmetman - 2021-02-04 4:31 PM........................The bloke who wanted us to stay part of the EMA would have done less damage to the UK??? 8-) ...................... ..........

Our membership of the EMA would not have influenced the outcomes for the UK one way or the other............................

Which is? Do show.

2 This is because the UK used a provision of EU law that allows it's own medicines agency to authorise vaccines for use within the UK?

You are arguing that if Starmer had won the last election (so we're now in fairy land! :-)), and kept us in the EU and the EMA (so we're now in two fairy lands! :-D), the EU would have prevented UK medicines agency from authorising vaccines for use within the UK (so we're now in three fairy lands!!! :-D :-D? Is that right?

So, what I'm now struggling to understand is why/how you think the EU could prevent the UK medicines agency from authorising vaccines for use within the UK under one government, but permit it under a different UK government.

Would that because the EU likes people called Boris, but doesn't like people called Keir? :-D

Same rules, same vaccines, same country - just two different PMs. So what, apart from the names, is different?

That'll flummox him! (lol)

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2021-02-09 12:41 PM

So, it goes like this:

Which is? Do show.

It's funny how none of the other 27 had the wit to use their own medicines agencies? ;-) ..........

pelmetman - 2021-02-09 2:47 PM........................It's funny how none of the other 27 had the wit to use their own medicines agencies? ;-) ..........

No, it is not remotely funny for them. But for those with the competent agencies, they could have done. It was their choice, not an imposition by the EU. I know you're bursting for a Brexit "win" but, as you've been told and told, approval of vaccines for UK use isn't one. BTW, you can stop calling them "the other 27" now, as we are no longer in the EU! Just "the 27" will do! (lol)

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2021-02-09 4:18 PM

pelmetman - 2021-02-09 2:47 PM........................It's funny how none of the other 27 had the wit to use their own medicines agencies? ;-) ..........

No, it is not remotely funny for them. But for those with the competent agencies, they could have done. It was their choice, not an imposition by the EU. I know you're bursting for a Brexit "win" but, as you've been told and told, approval of vaccines for UK use isn't one. BTW, you can stop calling them "the other 27" now, as we are no longer in the EU! Just "the 27" will do! (lol)

Correct its not :-| ...........

The 27 have just had a massive shock and proof that their EU talking shop is not fit for purpose, and will ultimately cost EU citizens lives 8-) ..........

My guess is that once the citizens of the 27 digest that, and they see that little Old Blighty has not gone into economic melt down after leaving the EU, and watch as we recover from the Pandemic reccession quicker than them B-) ..........

They will prolly start thinking they should do the same >:-) ........

No, it is not remotely funny for them. But for those with the competent agencies, they could have done. It was their choice, not an imposition by the EU...

Whilst I fully accept that the UK could have technically always gone it alone and used our own agencies to develop/source vaccines, if "Brexit" had never been thought of, and we were still trundling along "in" the eu as was normal, I am not fully convinced that we would have done?...

We did have a habit of following (sometimes seemingly overly following?) eu "rules",even ones we could opt out of, only to then bleat about how "the eu made us do it..." *-)

pepe63 - 2021-02-10 11:11 AM

No, it is not remotely funny for them. But for those with the competent agencies, they could have done. It was their choice, not an imposition by the EU...

Whilst I fully accept that the UK could have technically always gone it alone and used our own agencies to develop/source vaccines, if "Brexit" had never been thought of, and we were still trundling along "in" the eu as was normal, I am not fully convinced that we would have done?...

We did have a habit of following (sometimes seemingly overly following?) eu "rules",even ones we could opt out of, only to then bleat about how "the eu made us do it..." *-)

Indeed, but as we have a perfectly competent authority and so could, as you say, have done so, that would have been our choice and no-one else's. Whether or not we might have, who knows? It would be pure conjecture.

For the most part, my impression is that our politicians were more than happy to go along with most of those unpopular rules (after all, they will had been involved in writing and approving them), but then to blame the EU when people complained. Membership of the EU gave both our major parties a "fig leaf" to cover their own, long standing, splits over our membership. So, don't rock the party boat, blame the EU! :-)

pelmetman - 2021-02-10 9:57 AM

The 27 have just had a massive shock and proof that their EU talking shop is not fit for purpose, and will ultimately cost EU citizens lives 8-) ..........

The dithering debacle and atrocious mishandling of the pandemic your Johnson led inept bunch of clowns has plunged this country into has accounted for the highest death rate throughout Europe, now at a horrendous 121,674

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/deaths

Brian Kirby - 2021-02-10 12:22 PM

Indeed, but as we have a perfectly competent authority and so could, as you say, have done so, that would have been our choice and no-one else's. Whether or not we might have, who knows? It would be pure conjecture.

For the most part, my impression is that our politicians were more than happy to go along with most of those unpopular rules (after all, they will had been involved in writing and approving them), but then to blame the EU when people complained. Membership of the EU gave both our major parties a "fig leaf" to cover their own, long standing, splits over our membership. So, don't rock the party boat, blame the EU! :-)

This is still the case with Brexiteers as you've seen on here! Anything that goes wrong.....it's either the EU's fault or Covid! On the rare occasion something goes right they claim it's "because of Brexit".....as they tried to over the vaccine approval from the UK Regulator.

Bulletguy - 2021-02-10 3:57 PM

Brian Kirby - 2021-02-10 12:22 PM

This is still the case with Brexiteers as you've seen on here! Anything that goes wrong.....it's either the EU's fault or Covid! On the rare occasion something goes right they claim it's "because of Brexit".....as they tried to over the vaccine approval from the UK Regulator.

You seem to have missed the bit where the EU is blaming the EU .

pelmetman - 2021-02-10 9:57 AM

Correct its not :-| ...........

My guess is that once the citizens of the 27 digest that, and they see that little Old Blighty has not gone into economic melt down after leaving the EU, and watch as we recover from the Pandemic reccession quicker than them B-) ..........

They will prolly start thinking they should do the same >:-) ........

Far more likely to review the problem ,fix it, and stay where they are, if precedent is any guide. They may even borrow an idea or two from us while they're at it.

Archived