MultiECUscan

steve hill

I have a Ducato and am thinking of buying the MultiECUscan tool to read the codes etc, but it does not appear to do my Renault Clio as well, can you buy addon software to do it, or what do people do that have different makes of car etc, is there a device that can go with the car changes.

rayc - 2021-02-05 10:59 AM

Another question: when the software is loaded onto a laptop does it require any configuration or does it automatically connect to a USB port when selected?

I bought my ECU scan from these people and they've been very helpful Any Questions I should give them a ring

https://www.gendan.co.uk/mes_chooser.php#selection

You'll need different software (and probably hardware too) for different manufacturer's vehicles. MES is for FCA Group vehicles but will also connect to some modules on PSA's Italian vehicles. Possibly some further integration with PSA vehicles will come now that FCA and PSA have merged as Stellantis.

I don't know what exists for Renault. I have MES and AlfaOBD for the Ducato, Diagbox for my wife's Peugeot and VCDS for my SEAT. It gets expensive but it's fun..

On the second question, within MES you select the type of interface and port in Settings. A 'scan for interfaces' option exists.

Thanks for the help I contact them and I am afraid its either pay loads for a pro setup (£500)or buy seperate systems for each group, I will probably get the multiscan as long as it can move with different laptops for the long term ducato and a cheap fix for the old Clio. Anybody know a good cheap one for the Clio?

Probably the cheapest way to obtain full diagnostics for two or more vehicle makes without going down the route of a full multimake diagnostic tool, is something like the Launch ThinkDiag or possibly the Autel AP200. I have very little experience of Autel, but AFAIK both tools are very similar. I believe the ThinkDiag comes with a choice of one or two vehicle makes, plus various reset functions including updates for one year. If you want regular updates after that, the cost is fairly reasonable on a per vehicle make basis, but if you include all reset software updates it becomes more prohibitive. Having said that, it will carry on working with the software you already have loaded indefinitely, and you don't need the latest updates unless you have a new vehicle for which various functions are still being added.

It won't necessarily do everything that MultiEcuScan or AlfaOBDcan do, as they are both pretty much as near as you can get to dealer level software functionality for FCA vehicles. Such in depth aftermarket software doesn't exist for all vehicle makes though.

iCarSoft are another manufacturer of multi-system diagnostic tools aimed at the vehicle owner and DIY market. They are specific to a single make though, so you'd need one say for Fiat and another for Renault, but they won't give you the range of functionality of software such as MES.

witzend - 2021-02-05 11:37 AM

I bought my ECU scan from these people and they've been very helpful Any Questions I should give them a ring

https://www.gendan.co.uk/mes_chooser.php#selection

What ever Type of code reader you need I'd give Gendan a call explain what you want it for and get expert advice over the phone for free they supply all readers for all makes see here

https://www.gendan.co.uk/category_1.html

Archived