That'll annoy the HATERS.........

Guest pelmetman

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jumpstart - 2021-02-11 5:41 PM

At least someone has admitted some collective responsibility

Sky News: COVID-19: UK prepared for the wrong pandemic, former health secretary admits.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-uk-prepared-for-the-wrong-pandemic-former-health-secretary-admits-12214583

LOL! Good job he is not a minister anymore, he would have been binned for that. Its still no excuse. They failed to follow the recommendations from operation Cygnus in 2016, most Pandemic scientists agreed something would eventually hit us. They disbanded the pandemic team in 2019 to focus on Brexit and during all that time they let our stockpiles of PPE become depleted. Most leading economies have stockpiles of the stuff. Millions of pieces of ours disappeared and still remain unaccounted for.

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-02-12 9:38 AM

pelmetman - 2021-02-12 9:01 AM

And the EU >:-) .........

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9251595/Bank-England-chief-economist-predicts-Britain-roar-spending-boom.html

(lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

Oh great Britain's renowned Behavioural Economist paints a positive picture based on a hunch.

In other news

In other news >:-) .........

The UK avoids a double dip B-) ........

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9252919/Double-dip-recession-fears-ease-economy-grew-1-fourth-quarter.html

Unlike the EU >:-) ...........

https://www.politico.eu/article/eu-cuts-economic-forecast-again-sees-second-recession-double-dip-coronavirus/

(lol) (lol) (lol) ...........

pelmetman - 2021-02-12 9:43 AM

CurtainRaiser - 2021-02-12 9:38 AM

pelmetman - 2021-02-12 9:01 AM

And the EU >:-) .........

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9251595/Bank-England-chief-economist-predicts-Britain-roar-spending-boom.html

(lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

Oh great Britain's renowned Behavioural Economist paints a positive picture based on a hunch.

In other news

In other news >:-) .........

The UK avoids a double dip B-) ........

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9252919/Double-dip-recession-fears-ease-economy-grew-1-fourth-quarter.html

Unlike the EU >:-) ...........

https://www.politico.eu/article/eu-cuts-economic-forecast-again-sees-second-recession-double-dip-coronavirus/

(lol) (lol) (lol) ...........

Does the Daily Wail article also explain that the reason we didn't have a double dip recession was because Doris ignored the scientists and opened up the economy leading to one of the highest death rates in the world?

And does it tell the readers that because of the policies followed our GDP is the hardest hit in the G7?

pelmetman - 2021-02-14 6:16 PM

B-) ............

"UK hits 15MILLION SINGLE jabs landmark"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9259375/UK-hits-15MILLION-jabs-landmark-Tories-demand-lockdown-curbs-scrapped-May.html

Well done NHS and volunteers :-D ...........

Sorted that typo for you......it's always best to report honestly, not that it means anything to you.

As for fully vaccinated.....we've got a LOT of catching up to do and this country has 20 million more citizens than UK yet has still managed to forge way ahead.

245225736_people-fully-vaccinated-covidUK-D.jpg.81727d2b6d42c112a92f77854196e4bb.jpg

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2021-02-14 7:47 PM

B-) ............

"UK hits 15MILLION jabs landmark"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9259375/UK-hits-15MILLION-jabs-landmark-Tories-demand-lockdown-curbs-scrapped-May.html

Well done Boris for keeping out of the way and letting them get on with it :-D ...........

I've completed the sentence for you

:-D

Indeed............He's even managed to get HATERS like Curtain Raiser to help him reach his target :D ........

I bet that's sticking in his craw >:-) ..........

pelmetman - 2021-02-14 7:52 PM

B-) ............

Well done Boris for keeping out of the way and letting them get on with it :-D ...........

Indeed............He's even managed to get HATERS like Curtain Raiser to help him reach his target :D ........

You are a strange person, why would I be upset that lots of people have had their first vaccination?

I signed up to help so that we could reach this point quickly and get some return to normal, besides this success is coordinated by the NHS not Doris. Why don't you join me? Doing something for others that also helps yourself is very rewarding.

But for the record what does stick in my craw is Johnson killing 117,500 people and the Covid Research Group (formerly the ERG) not learning the earlier lessons and asking Doris to open up early again. Lockdown 4 here we come.

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-02-14 8:47 PM

B-) ............

You are a strange person, why would I be upset that lots of people have had their first vaccination?

I signed up to help so that we could reach this point quickly and get some return to normal, besides this success is coordinated by the NHS not Doris. Why don't you join me? Doing something for others that also helps yourself is very rewarding.

But for the record what does stick in my craw is Johnson killing 117,500 people and the Covid Research Group (formerly the ERG) not learning the earlier lessons and asking Doris to open up early again. Lockdown 4 here we come.

You forget, if it wasn't for Boris you wouldn't be jabbing anyone ;-) ..........

You'd be hanging around like they are in the EU waiting for the next batch of vaccine from Russia :D ........

pelmetman - 2021-02-14 9:07 PM

B-) ............

You forget, if it wasn't for Boris you wouldn't be jabbing anyone ;-) ..........

You'd be hanging around like they are in the EU waiting for the next batch of vaccine from Russia :D ........

Yes but we've already established that the UK is slower in the rollout than Denmark. And because most of those EU countries have managed to control the spread of the virus better than the UK and haven't overwhelmed their health services, they are not looking at the vaccine as some form of magic bullet.

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-02-14 9:12 PM

B-) ............

Yes but we've already established that the UK is slower in the rollout than Denmark. And because most of those EU countries have managed to control the spread of the virus better than the UK and haven't overwhelmed their health services, they are not looking at the vaccine as some form of magic bullet.

And we've established why ;-) ............

Denmark is tiny compared to the UK :-| ........

Plus from what I recall of Copenhagen its not crowded like our cities which is hardly suprising considering only 600k people live there......Half the population of Birmingham :D ...........

B-) ............

Finally you've confirmed what you've previously denied, that Johnson IS responsible for the pandemic in UK.

Not if you took note of the factual figures you keep ignoring.

people-fully-vaccinated-covid1a.jpg.a85fc1e638c7dabc40a7940af828d933.jpg

Bulletguy - 2021-02-14 9:32 PM

B-) ............

Finally you've confirmed what you've previously denied, that Johnson IS responsible for the pandemic in UK.

I think we have all concluded that Dave doesn't understand maths and bar charts, he can though knit you a lovely frilly edge for your cushions.

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-02-14 9:46 PM

B-) ............

I think we have all concluded that Dave doesn't understand maths and bar charts, he can though knit you a lovely frilly edge for your cushions.

Well by my maths ;-) ........

The 27 EU countries have only given 2 jabs to 250k on average compared to the UK's 500k >:-) ........

Now who looks Silly? (lol) (lol) (lol) ............

pelmetman - 2021-02-14 9:55 PM

B-) ............

The 27 EU countries have only given 2 jabs to 250k on average compared to the UK's 500k >:-) ........

So now you want schooling on averages?

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-02-14 10:05 PM

B-) ............

No need, I'm happy to accept the UK is out performing the EU AGAIN :D ..........

Perhaps you would like to do the sums for me?

EU population 447,000,000 divided by 6,800,000

Compared to......

UK population 66,000,000 divided by 540,000

I'd hate to make a mistake again :D ..........

pelmetman - 2021-02-14 10:16 PM

CurtainRaiser - 2021-02-14 10:05 PM

B-) ............

No need, I'm happy to accept the UK is out performing the EU AGAIN :D ..........

Compared to......

Yes, here’s another shining example of how Britain is best. Patriotism really is the last refuge of the scoundrel:

https://www.endhungeruk.org/2017/06/27/unicef-report-britain-worst-europe-childrens-hunger/

We also beat almost all other EU countries in wealth inequality with one of the biggest wealth gaps between the richest and poorest, according to latest OECD data. Rule Britannia.

Compared to......

Here you go

https://www.theguardian.com/world/commentisfree/2021/feb/14/brexit-britain-eu-covid-vaccination-fiasco?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Good link

So, as well as UK paying more for the vaccine, if there is anything wrong with the vaccine, UK can't sue the manufacturer but EU can.

You seem to have got a deal first by saying yes to all their demands.

Nice deal BoJo *-)

Nearly as good as your PPE deals *-)

and your Brexit deal *-)

How can the so called 'Haters' not praise you like Dave does *-)

Bit like Grenfell Tower where the Royal Tory borough exercised its sovereignty to buy cladding (from a Tory donor) banned in the EU. If we really had been ruled from Brussels that could not have happened.

If they have a dodgy batch of vaccine (like the Grenfell cladding) I wonder who they will send it to *-)

But in the meantime the part of the NHS you have left alone and not privatised, is doing a great job rolling it out :-D

so Dave can give you the credit for that, :-S

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-02-14 11:42 PM

Compared to......

Here you go

https://www.theguardian.com/world/commentisfree/2021/feb/14/brexit-britain-eu-covid-vaccination-fiasco?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Why didn't you do der maffs Yorkie? ;-) .........

Is it because it shows that Bullets graph is Bullsh*t? >:-) ........

Because the truth is the UK has given twice as many people 2 jabs than the EU based on population size? (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

Yes the part of the NHS BoJo left alone has done very well.

Especially considering it takes them longer because they have to read out a risk warning to every patient that the manufacturer can't be held responsible in UK. Despite the UK paying more for the same vaccine than the EU. (If it is the same vaccine and the manufacturer doesn't send suspect batches to the country where they can't be sued). Reading out the risk warning for UK patients takes longer than the jab.

They won't have to do that in the EU where the manufacturer can be held responsible for its vaccine.

So EU patients are not taking the risk UK patients are.

But its only fair to point out the NHS had a head start on the EU because BoJo got the first deal by accepting the deal on their terms.

Like his PPE deals

.. and his Brexit deal

... and his world beating test & trace deals

.. and his operation moonshot deals

... and his garden bridge deal

... and his water cannon deal

... etc

far better than the EU who managed to get it cheaper AND with the manufacturer held responsible for it

... even after BoJo had took it without

So sending a bad batch to the EU could bankrupt them

Unlike in the UK

Good job we have BoJo to do our deals and not the EU *-)

More nurses...

VALLETTA (Reuters) - Malta’s nurses union has warned that its hospitals, hard-pressed by the COVID-19 pandemic, face a staffing crisis as Britain has enticed away a growing number of the island nation’s foreign nurses with offers of better pay and conditions.

Some 600 third-country national nurses work in Malta, but roughly 150 have moved abroad or else handed in their resignation since December, union sources said

Archived