How to get crook Johnson put away

Bulletguy

Barryd999 - 2021-02-15 9:36 PM

Signed it but it looks like its already been debated on 26 Jan. They wont do feck all.

Johnson will just continue to lie knowing full well he will get away with it. He even lied to our Queen.

He's built a career from lying and his supporters think thats great.

"I have a confession to make. I knew David Cameron at university and quite liked him. Sure, he displayed all of the limitations of his upbringing, but in our time doing the same subject in the same year and living on the same street he always seemed more interested in smoking cheroots and listening to prog rock than the Bullingdon boy antics he's now remembered for. Even when I sabotaged his college beagle pack he took it in good humour. I bet he's a bit of a stoner now, holed up in his shepherd's hut, giving The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway another spin.

I have different memories of Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson who was the first Oxford student I met when I was at Balliol College for interview in 1984. I was a rural working class kid with a stammer from a state school which hadn't prepared me for the experience, but I was bright and well read, with more interest in and knowledge of my subjects of Philosophy, Politics and Economics than most of my public school rivals could muster.

My session with the dons was scheduled for first thing after breakfast, meaning I was staying the night and had an evening to kill in the college bar Johnson was propping up with his coterie of acolytes whose only apparent role in life was to laugh at his jokes.

Three years older than me, and half way through the second class degree in Classics he coasted through with the diligence he later applied to journalism and red box briefings, you'd have expected him to play the ambassador role, welcoming an aspiring member of his college.

Instead, his piss-taking was brutal. In the course of the pint I felt obliged to finish he mocked my speech impediment, my accent, my school, my dress sense, my haircut, my background, my father's work as farm worker and garage proprietor, and my prospects in the scholarship interview I was there for. His only motivation was to amuse his posh boy mates.

In short, he demonstrated all of the character flaws that make him unfit to be our Prime Minister. Nothing I see today suggests he has changed. He's not Falstaff, he's Faust. If you are an ordinary working person and think he has your interests at heart, think again."

Damian Furniss

CurtainRaiser - 2021-02-15 10:43 PM

(BoJo) mocked .....my father's work as farm worker

The guys who grow and pick our food are worth far more to me than BoJo.

I can't think of anyone who is doing a more important job than them

One fruit picker is worth more to me than a thousand of BoJo

I just wonder what BoJo thinks he has ever done thats worth more than producing food :-S

John52 - 2021-02-16 6:40 AM

(BoJo) mocked .....my father's work as farm worker

The guys who grow and pick our food are worth far more to me than BoJo.

I can't think of anyone who is doing a more important job than them

One fruit picker is worth more to me than a thousand of BoJo

I just wonder what BoJo thinks he has ever done thats worth more than producing food :-S

So go and join then ,do something useful instead of roaming around free camping.

Guest pelmetman

"I have a confession to make. I knew David Cameron at university and quite liked him. Sure, he displayed all of the limitations of his upbringing, but in our time doing the same subject in the same year and living on the same street he always seemed more interested in smoking cheroots and listening to prog rock than the Bullingdon boy antics he's now remembered for. Even when I sabotaged his college beagle pack he took it in good humour. I bet he's a bit of a stoner now, holed up in his shepherd's hut, giving The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway another spin.

I have different memories of Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson who was the first Oxford student I met when I was at Balliol College for interview in 1984. I was a rural working class kid with a stammer from a state school which hadn't prepared me for the experience, but I was bright and well read, with more interest in and knowledge of my subjects of Philosophy, Politics and Economics than most of my public school rivals could muster.

My session with the dons was scheduled for first thing after breakfast, meaning I was staying the night and had an evening to kill in the college bar Johnson was propping up with his coterie of acolytes whose only apparent role in life was to laugh at his jokes.

Three years older than me, and half way through the second class degree in Classics he coasted through with the diligence he later applied to journalism and red box briefings, you'd have expected him to play the ambassador role, welcoming an aspiring member of his college.

Instead, his piss-taking was brutal. In the course of the pint I felt obliged to finish he mocked my speech impediment, my accent, my school, my dress sense, my haircut, my background, my father's work as farm worker and garage proprietor, and my prospects in the scholarship interview I was there for. His only motivation was to amuse his posh boy mates.

In short, he demonstrated all of the character flaws that make him unfit to be our Prime Minister. Nothing I see today suggests he has changed. He's not Falstaff, he's Faust. If you are an ordinary working person and think he has your interests at heart, think again."

Damian Furniss

Perhaps Damian Furniss is a Communist W@nker? ;-) ..........

I treat communist w@nkers the same :D .......

I'm surprised YOU haven't noticed >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2021-02-16 9:02 AM

Damian Furniss

What difference does it make? If you were the "working class oik" in the bar Johnson would have treated you exactly the same. He is laughing at you now. Laughing at all the working class people like you who now think he is some kind of saviour. Its quite cringeworthy to observe how he has duped you all.

"The Prime Minister blasted "blue collar" men and claimed many were criminals - without offering any evidence.

He said the "modern British male is useless", adding: "If he is blue collar, he is likely to be drunk, criminal, aimless, feckless and hopeless, and perhaps claiming to suffer from low self-esteem brought on by unemployment."

Boris Johnson once described the poorest 20 per cent of society as being made up of “chavs, losers, burglars and drug addicts”

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2021-02-16 9:56 AM

Damian Furniss

What difference does it make? If you were the "working class oik" in the bar Johnson would have treated you exactly the same. He is laughing at you now. Laughing at all the working class people like you who now think he is some kind of saviour. Its quite cringeworthy to observe how he has duped you all.

"The Prime Minister blasted "blue collar" men and claimed many were criminals - without offering any evidence.

He said the "modern British male is useless", adding: "If he is blue collar, he is likely to be drunk, criminal, aimless, feckless and hopeless, and perhaps claiming to suffer from low self-esteem brought on by unemployment."

Boris Johnson once described the poorest 20 per cent of society as being made up of “chavs, losers, burglars and drug addicts”

It's us Brexiteers who are laughing (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

Plus he's prolly right about the 20% ;-) ........

pelmetman - 2021-02-16 11:15 AM

Damian Furniss

Says the benefit scrounger.

If the Brexiteers are laughing that makes it even more ridiculous as ultimately most of them will be the biggest losers.

Barryd999 - 2021-02-16 11:54 AM

Damian Furniss

If the Brexiteers are laughing that makes it even more ridiculous as ultimately most of them will be the biggest losers.

92% of UK fishermen voted Leave. Johnson threw them under the bus and Smugg makes cocky comments about the fish being "happy fish" because they're in British water. *-)

https://tinyurl.com/16ulp600

59% of Kent voted Leave.....but not to leave UK yet end up becoming a border with swathes of the countryside being concreted over for Farage Garages. *-)

https://tinyurl.com/16g4kwnw

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2021-02-16 11:54 AM

Damian Furniss

Cowpat's Left wing education was scrounged of the taxpayer ;-) .......

Just sayin >:-) ..........

"A company chaired by a senior Government procurement advisor has been awarded a £38 million contract by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC), Byline Times can reveal.

The Government last week released the details of the contract, awarded to Health Services Laboratories (HSL) Pathology LLP in September last year for the provision of PCR testing equipment. The contract was awarded under emergency conditions – preventing competition between multiple prospective suppliers.

The chairman of HSL is Lord Patrick Carter of Coles, a former investment banker and health entrepreneur. According to the HSL website, Carter is also the chair of the DHSC’s Health Procurement and Efficiency Board – which investigates the areas in which the NHS can make cost savings. Additionally, Carter has chaired independent Government reviews into the future of NHS pathology services. He was made a life peer in 2004 and takes the Labour whip.

Founded in 2015 in partnership with two NHS trusts, HSL provides independent diagnostic and pathology services. The firm lists virology – the identification of viruses within the body – as one of its main services. HSL is owned by Sonic Healthcare, one of Australia’s largest diagnostic companies with 37,000 staff and annual revenues of £6.2 billion. One of the firm’s other directors, Dr Vanya Gant, advises the Government’s innovation agency – Innovate UK.

There is no evidence to suggest that Carter used his influence within Government to negotiate or secure a contract for HSL. However, this deal corresponds with many awarded during the pandemic, that have attracted conflict of interest concerns. As revealed by the National Audit Office (NAO), early in the pandemic the Government created a fast-track ‘high-priority’ channel for private companies referred by MPs, ministers or officials. Suppliers funnelled through this route were 10 times more likely to win a contract than other firms, yet the Government did not adequately track potential conflicts of interest. Indeed, the NAO found “a lack of documentation recording the process for choosing the supplier, the justification for using emergency procurement, or any considerations around potential conflicts of interest”.

Just last week, Byline Times reported that a chum of Health and Social Care Secretary Matt Hancock, whose husband has donated thousands to Hancock’s office, was awarded a £14.4 million contract for the supply of personal protective equipment (PPE). Ultimately, the firm ran into “unforeseen” logistical issues and the contract was cancelled.

In collaboration with The Citizens, Byline Times has also revealed that contracts worth £881 million have been awarded to companies owned by Conservative Party donors, during the pandemic.

In fact, the Government’s entire response to the pandemic has been characterised by mass outsourcing, with roughly 2,000 private sector consultants working permanently on the UK’s testing and contact tracing operation – costing £2 million a day in total.

As a result of the backlash from independent bodies, journalists and the public at large, the Labour Party has promised a radical ‘insourcing’ of public services, if it wins power at the next election. “This Government is all cheques and no balances,” Shadow Cabinet member Rachel Reeves said in a speech last week.

Meanwhile, Scottish National Party MP Owen Thompson has introduced a ‘Crony Bill’ to the House of Commons, in an attempt to hold the Government to account for conflicts of interest associated with public sector contracts. If passed, the legislation would ensure that MPs can interrogate ministers about any personal, political or financial connections they may have to a company that is awarded a Government contract.

As noted by Thompson when he introduced the potential legislation to the Commons, it is incumbent on ministers to avoid both “actual or perceived” conflicts of interest – as stipulated by the Ministerial Code.

The case of HSL merely poses further questions.

“Proper due diligence is carried out for all Government contracts and we take these checks extremely seriously. Ministers are not involved in awarding contracts, as the NAO found in their report into procurement,” a DHSC spokesperson said.

“As a result of our partnerships, including this agreement with HSL, we have been able to rapidly expand our testing capacity and expand Coronavirus testing eligibility to people across the whole of the UK.”

HSL has been approached for comment."

Byline Times

CurtainRaiser - 2021-02-17 12:12 PM

Scottish National Party MP Owen Thompson has introduced a ‘Crony Bill’ to the House of Commons, in an attempt to hold the Government to account for conflicts of interest associated with public sector contracts.

Nice to see BoJo hasn't been able to deselect all the MPs with a backbone B-)

BoJo.jpg.61f67c1db6736cd300a4faa7355a146c.jpg

It's easy to project the illusion of integrity in opposition but does anyone seriously think that once in powetr the opposition would be any better or any different?

You do? Really? You must be delusional as the left never have yet proved to be either honest or competent..

Tracker - 2021-02-17 3:06 PM

It's easy to project the illusion of integrity in opposition but does anyone seriously think that once in powetr the opposition would be any better or any different?

You do? Really? You must be delusional as the left never have yet proved to be either honest or competent..

Go on then show us some examples of the corruption that Labour did. In fact I would go further no previous Tory government did corruption on this scale. They are even trying to change the FOI so that they cannot be challenged.

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-02-17 4:16 PM

Go on then show us some examples of the corruption that Labour did. In fact I would go further no previous Tory government did corruption on this scale. They are even trying to change the FOI so that they cannot be challenged.

>:-) .............

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-55192375

(lol) (lol) (lol) .............

I would go further no previous Tory government did corruption on this scale. .

Had to think about that one

I don't know whether Thatchers Gerrmandering flogging off public housing, power and water supplies at a fraction of their value to bribe voters was on this scale?

Shirley Porter got done for it and had to pay some back herself, so I never understood how Thatcher got off with it?

But at least the spoils were more widely distributed to home buyers and small shareholders

.. it wasn't done so secretively

... and the country was in a better position to afford it then

Not just BoJo's cronies taking advantage of a pandemic to make obscene amounts from secretive deals and loading future generations with astronomical debt. Certainly never seen anything resembling this scale from any other party in UK. And taking advantage of a pandemic to do it .... words fail me >:-)

pelmetman - 2021-02-17 4:22 PM

>:-) .............

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-55192375

(lol) (lol) (lol) .............

Good.

So who was arrested after the Grenfell Tower cladding company gave £2.5M to the Tory Party

Or Richard Desmond's £12k bung to the Tory Party that saved him having to spend £50M on public housing?

Do you see the difference?

Archived