CurtainRaiser - 2021-02-26 10:53 PM

pelmetman - 2021-02-26 8:59 PM

CurtainRaiser - 2021-02-26 8:51 PM

pelmetman - 2021-02-26 8:19 PM

CurtainRaiser - 2021-02-26 8:10 PM

pelmetman - 2021-02-26 7:37 PM

jumpstart - 2021-02-26 7:23 PM

Merkell don’t want no jab......

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/angela-merkel-refuses-astrazeneca-oxford-covid-vaccine-b921333.html

Stupid Kuh *-) .........

Actual headline should be "Respected scientist listens to the scientists and follows the manufacturers instructions".

Stupid KuhPat *-) ..........

What effect do you think Merkel refusing to have the A/Z vaccine will have on her country and the rest of the EU? *-)........

It's like the Queen refusing to be vaccinated :-| .........

But Hey ho.......Its just another nail in your Rejoiners coffin is my view >:-) .........

(lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

So you didn't read the article in the link. AGAIN

Yes I did ;-) ........

Instead of leading by example *-) ...........

She's hiding behind the small print Stupid Kuh *-) ........

Yes nothing screams "stupid kuh" more than a first degree in physics and a doctorate in quantum chemistry and a successful career as a research scientist. Still I suppose she could have got a second class degree in classics from Oxford and spent a few years writing lies about straight bananas.

Plenty of people who have been to Uni have done stupid things.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Germany also recommended that the AstraZeneca vaccine be given only to people aged 18 to 64, which critics said was counterproductive to efforts to contain the pandemic. EU regulators have declared it safe for all.

“We strongly recommend it: this vaccine is safe and effective,” Health Minister Jens Spahn told a news conference.

“...It protects oneself and others, like both other vaccines,” he added, referring to the two other vaccines approved for use by the European Union, from BioNTech/Pfizer and Moderna.

The health ministry said this week it had administered only 15% of the shots it has available, confirming concerns that Germans were being selective, slowing vaccination efforts.

Perhaps they do need to rush now.

Guest pelmetman
jumpstart - 2021-02-26 9:07 PM

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/angela-merkel-refuses-astrazeneca-oxford-covid-vaccine-b921333.html

Stupid Kuh *-) .........

Actual headline should be "Respected scientist listens to the scientists and follows the manufacturers instructions".

France and Germany threaten Astra Zeneca over vacvine supply.

France and Germany citizens refuse Astra Zeneca vaccine.

Merkel refuses Astra Zeneca vaccine.

And people are still dying.

France and Germany told why they're at the back of the queue >:-) ..........

"Appearing before MEPs in what at times felt more like a trial, Pascal Soriot defended the contract signed with the UK, which, he pointed out, “financed the Oxford University vaccine research that began in January last year”, while “we did not receive any funds from the EU”."

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/covid-vaccine-europe-ursula-von-der-leyen_uk_60392032c5b6371109dbb2d9

:D ............

jumpstart - 2021-02-26 9:07 PM

Stupid Kuh *-) .........

France and Germany threaten Astra Zeneca over vacvine supply.

France and Germany citizens refuse Astra Zeneca vaccine.

Merkel refuses Astra Zeneca vaccine.

And people are still dying.

and now their venerated leaders and the EU are doing a U turn and pleading please use the Oxford Astra Zeneca vaccine it's very effective.

Proof that the EU is nothing more than a self serving overpaid club for unelected and uncivil servants keen to take credit whenever they can but not so keen on taking the blame for being asleep at the wheel.

Their incompetence is costing lives while they fiddle about with finding unsupported excuses and fake news to justify their own untenable positions.

But will the EU evr be held to account - what do you think?

Good job we are out of it or we too would be a year behind where we are now with vaccines.

Guest pelmetman
Tracker - 2021-02-27 7:36 PM

Proof that the EU is nothing more than a self serving overpaid club for unelected and uncivil servants keen to take credit whenever they can but not so keen on taking the blame for being asleep at the wheel.

Their incompetence is costing lives while they fiddle about with finding unsupported excuses and fake news to justify their own untenable positions.

Good job we are out of it or we too would be a year behind where we are now with vaccines.

Indeed Rich ;-) ............

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9307729/Oxford-vaccine-effective-Pfizer-jab-new-figures-show.html

Although I doubt our resident deluded EU acolytes would ever bad mouth the incompetent EU and its leaders like they do us Brexiteers and the Tories *-) ...........

This is an absolute nonsense being spread by Brexit acolytes and headbangers desperate to deflect attention away from Johnsons atrocious handling of the pandemic. I'm surprised at you Richard as I thought you had more sense than to fall for that.

It's long been public knowledge that UK was able to authorise the vaccine for public use due to EU law.....the UK medicines regulator Dr June Raine said so herself; “We’ve been able to authorise supply of this vaccine using provisions under European law which exist until January 1st.”. Hancock and Rees-Mogg attempted to con the public into believing it was "because we've left the EU", and you were among those who obviously fell for it. They blatantly lied so Dr Raine put the record straight;

Instead of mithering about an organisation you chose to leave and no longer a member of therefore have absolutely no say whatsoever in their daily business you should concern yourself more with accountability from our own government and if they are going to be held to account for their atrocious handling of the pandemic which has resulted in 135,613 deaths, the fifth highest in the world. https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/deaths

Bulletguy - 2021-02-28 4:43 PM

This is an absolute nonsense being spread by Brexit acolytes and headbangers desperate to deflect attention away from Johnsons atrocious handling of the pandemic. I'm surprised at you Richard as I thought you had more sense than to fall for that.

It's long been public knowledge that UK was able to authorise the vaccine for public use due to EU law.....the UK medicines regulator Dr June Raine said so herself; “We’ve been able to authorise supply of this vaccine using provisions under European law which exist until January 1st.”. Hancock and Rees-Mogg attempted to con the public into believing it was "because we've left the EU", and you were among those who obviously fell for it. They blatantly lied so Dr Raine put the record straight;

Instead of mithering about an organisation you chose to leave and no longer a member of therefore have absolutely no say whatsoever in their daily business you should concern yourself more with accountability from our own government and if they are going to be held to account for their atrocious handling of the pandemic which has resulted in 135,613 deaths, the fifth highest in the world. https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/deaths

Yes come on Rich. This is the sort of stuff Pelmet regurgitates all day long but he is a lost cause and out of his tiny mind.

I am neither a Remoaner or a Brexiteer as I take a more pragmatic approach to life and only concern myself with things I can influence - and I cant influence the EU - neither can anyone else.

I speak as I feel on the day and on this day I believe that whilst the UK government has made an utter pig's ear of controlling Covid they have at least got the vacine part right which is more than can be said for the EU who instead choose to use their lack of accountability and flecibilty to move with the times to try to manipulate and obfuscate and blame everyone else for their own incompetence and I am now tru;y glad that we are out of the clutches of the Brussells beaurocratic control freakery.

I don't claim to be ever right unlike some on here but on this occasion I believe that I see it the way it is and it makes me glad to be out of the EU

Simples..

Tracker - 2021-02-28 5:38 PM

I am neither a Remoaner or a Brexiteer as I take a more pragmatic approach to life and only concern myself with things I can influence - and I cant influence the EU - neither can anyone else.

I speak as I feel on the day and on this day I believe that whilst the UK government has made an utter pig's ear of controlling Covid they have at least got the vacine part right which is more than can be said for the EU who instead choose to use their lack of accountability and flecibilty to move with the times to try to manipulate and obfuscate and blame everyone else for their own incompetence and I am now tru;y glad that we are out of the clutches of the Brussells beaurocratic control freakery.

I don't claim to be ever right unlike some on here but on this occasion I believe that I see it the way it is and it makes me glad to be out of the EU

Simples..

It does surprise me that other European countries didn't do the same as the UK did, there was nothing stopping them. However in the end I believe the EU signed off on their contract with AZ a day earlier than the UK did anyway. I think the problems arose in the wording of the contracts and the UK faired better as a result. Someone in the civil service got something right for sure. Probably not the same person that copied and pasted the crap in the Brexit agreement from the 90s.

Simples..

You do realise that some European sovereign countries are further ahead than the UK in getting their population fully vaccinated?

CurtainRaiser - 2021-02-28 6:32 PM

Simples..

You do realise that some European sovereign countries are further ahead than the UK in getting their population fully vaccinated?

Have they done 20 million?

I am neither a Remoaner or a Brexiteer....

So you didn't vote? I'm not sure how that makes matters any better, if at all.

I speak as I feel on the day and on this day I believe that whilst the UK government has made an utter pig's ear of controlling Covid they have at least got the vacine part right.....

As clearly explained by Dr June Raine, Regulator for Medicines UK. It was EU law which enabled us to make an early rollout as she explained.

....which is more than can be said for the EU who instead choose to use their lack of accountability and flecibilty to move with the times to try to manipulate and obfuscate and blame everyone else for their own incompetence and I am now tru;y glad that we are out of the clutches of the Brussells beaurocratic control freakery.

Simples..

Von der Leyen behaved liked a statesperson and leader should and publicly apologised for their lack of preparedness where Johnson has never apologised, persistently lied, constantly blame shifted and spread disinformation whilst dishing out £millions of taxpayers money in "contracts" to his Tory chums.

jumpstart - 2021-02-28 6:45 PM

Simples..

A single dose is not FULLY vaccinated.

Bulletguy - 2021-02-28 7:04 PM

I speak as I feel on the day and on this day I believe that whilst the UK government has made an utter pig's ear of controlling Covid they have at least got the vacine part right.....

As clearly explained by Dr June Raine, Regulator for Medicines UK. It was EU law which enabled us to make an early rollout as she explained.

....which is more than can be said for the EU who instead choose to use their lack of accountability and flecibilty to move with the times to try to manipulate and obfuscate and blame everyone else for their own incompetence and I am now tru;y glad that we are out of the clutches of the Brussells beaurocratic control freakery.

Simples..

Von der Leyen behaved liked a statesperson and leader should and publicly apologised for their lack of preparedness where Johnson has never apologised, persistently lied, constantly blame shifted and spread disinformation whilst dishing out £millions of taxpayers money in "contracts" to his Tory chums.

You mean after she tried to blame all and sundry first.

Bulletguy - 2021-02-28 7:05 PM

Simples..

1 dose 86% ...2 doses 95%. ....

Big deal.

So majority in EU completely unprotected.

Simples..

You do realise that some European sovereign countries are further ahead than the UK in getting their population fully vaccinated?[/QUOT

I take it you mean non EU vassal states

jumpstart - 2021-02-28 7:10 PM

Bulletguy - 2021-02-28 7:04 PM

Simples..

You mean after she tried to blame all and sundry first.

Nobody is without fault and it doesn't matter when, what matters is hearing and seeing leaders publicly apologising for their mistakes. Johnson won't ever do that as he's a shyster and con-merchant.

jumpstart - 2021-02-28 7:12 PM

Simples..

Big deal.

Yes it is a "big deal" when the poster you replied to had specifically said, "some European sovereign countries are further ahead than the UK in getting their population fully vaccinated". Germany, Italy, Spain and Poland are well ahead of UK when it comes to fully vaccinated citizens.

Bulletguy - 2021-02-28 8:22 PM

Simples..

Big deal.

Yes it is a "big deal" when the poster you replied to had specifically said, "some European sovereign countries are further ahead than the UK in getting their population fully vaccinated". Germany, Italy, Spain and Poland are well ahead of UK when it comes to fully vaccinated citizens.

They are well ahead in having most of their populations completely unprotected.

jumpstart - 2021-02-28 9:33 PM

Bulletguy - 2021-02-28 8:22 PM

Simples..

Big deal.

They are well ahead in having most of their populations completely unprotected.

Germans, Italians, Spanish and Polish must have superior gut biome to us British folk with our appalling Covid statistic of 135,613 fatalities, making us the worlds fifth highest. :-(

Archived