Time to rebrand the Guardian.........

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-03-05 8:33 AM

pelmetman - 2021-03-05 8:29 AM

CurtainRaiser - 2021-03-04 11:45 PM

Oh look Pelmethead, your chum Doris's actions have led to loyalist paramilitary groups renouncing Good Friday agreement. No doubt when it all kicks off it will all be Sinn Fein fault for not waiting another thirty years for the demographics to catch up with the problem.

This is what happens when the UK breaks the law.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/mar/04/brexit-northern-ireland-loyalist-armies-renounce-good-friday-agreement?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

It seems to me they're grumpy about the EU's trying to segregate NI from the UK :-| .........

Perhaps its time for that referendum? ;-) ..........

I'd vote for reunification :D ........

That's because you don't understand politics, mathematics, demographics and the voting age.

D - For homework :D ...........

"More recent figures from 2016 show that among those of working age 44% are now Catholic and 40% Protestant."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-43823506

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2021-03-05 8:47 AM

Oh look Pelmethead, your chum Doris's actions have led to loyalist paramilitary groups renouncing Good Friday agreement. No doubt when it all kicks off it will all be Sinn Fein fault for not waiting another thirty years for the demographics to catch up with the problem.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/mar/04/brexit-northern-ireland-loyalist-armies-renounce-good-friday-agreement?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

It seems to me they're grumpy about the EU's trying to segregate NI from the UK :-| .........

If BoJo gave you a vote on it *-)

Instead of using your money to bribe voters in N Ireland, Scotland and Wales to maintain his empire at your expense.

He won't give you LOSERs a choice.

Just take your money and bribe us with it.

Your problem is ;-) ..........

I'm not bothered either way :D ........

Coz it's a win win for the English >:-) ..........

You Leave we save.........You stay we pay 0.00034p to annoy the Scottish NASTY Party.......Bargain (lol) (lol) (lol) ...............

pelmetman - 2021-03-05 8:47 AM

That's because you don't understand politics, mathematics, demographics and the voting age.

"More recent figures from 2016 show that among those of working age 44% are now Catholic and 40% Protestant."

Read your links!

"The last census in 2011 put the Protestant population at 48%, just 3% more than Catholics at 45%.

More recent figures from 2016 show that among those of working age 44% are now Catholic and 40% Protestant.

The difference is even more marked among schoolchildren with 51% Catholic, 37% Protestant.

Only among the over 60s is there a majority of Protestants with 57%, compared to Catholics on 35%."

So back to school again for Pelmethead, I know you are not very good at working with percentages, but just ignore that for a second and ask yourself:

Can working aged people vote?

Can the over 60s vote?

Can school children vote?

Do you see where the problem is? Any immediate vote would be like Brexit with some old selfish LOSERS spoiling everything for the next generation.

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-03-05 7:34 PM

Read your links!

"The last census in 2011 put the Protestant population at 48%, just 3% more than Catholics at 45%.

More recent figures from 2016 show that among those of working age 44% are now Catholic and 40% Protestant.

The difference is even more marked among schoolchildren with 51% Catholic, 37% Protestant.

Only among the over 60s is there a majority of Protestants with 57%, compared to Catholics on 35%."

So back to school again for Pelmethead, I know you are not very good at working with percentages, but just ignore that for a second and ask yourself:

Can the over 60s vote?

Do you see where the problem is? Any immediate vote would be like Brexit with some old selfish LOSERS spoiling everything for the next generation.

You need to do der maffs Cowpat ;-) ........

The data is from 2016 :D ..........

Whats 16 + 5= >:-) ..........

(lol) (lol) (lol)

pelmetman - 2021-03-06 9:17 AM

Read your links!

Can the over 60s vote?

(lol) (lol) (lol)

Jesus you're thick.

So all those school age children were in their final years?

So kids sixteen in 2016 would be eighteen in 2018, so at most you have three years worth out of eleven years of schooling.

Do you want me to complete the calculation of percentages for you.

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-03-06 9:59 AM

Read your links!

Can the over 60s vote?

(lol) (lol) (lol)

Jesus you're thick.

So kids sixteen in 2016 would be eighteen in 2018, so at most you have three years worth out of eleven years of schooling.

Do the maffs Cowpat you need to add in those kids who were 13,14 and 15 in 2016 ;-) ............

Coz its 2021........Plus NI has a significant non Catholic pro EU population since the referendum :D ........

Seems to me the numbers are on your side.........and Dublin would get what it wishes for >:-) ........

Suits me B-) ..........

pelmetman - 2021-03-07 9:21 AM

Read your links!

Can the over 60s vote?

(lol) (lol) (lol)

Jesus you're thick.

Do the maffs Cowpat you need to add in those kids who were 13,14 and 15 in 2016 ;-) ............

Coz its 2021........Plus NI has a significant non Catholic pro EU population since the referendum :D ........

Seems to me the numbers are on your side.........and Dublin would get what it wishes for >:-) ........

Suits me B-) ..........

I'd done the maths "So kids sixteen in 2016 would be eighteen in 2018, so at most you have three years worth out of eleven years of schooling."

You still haven't, and throw simplistic solutions to complex problems, and sod the consequences.

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-03-07 9:34 AM

Read your links!

Can the over 60s vote?

(lol) (lol) (lol)

Jesus you're thick.

Suits me B-) ..........

I'd done the maths "So kids sixteen in 2016 would be eighteen in 2018, so at most you have three years worth out of eleven years of schooling."

You still haven't, and throw simplistic solutions to complex problems, and sod the consequences.

You do know its 2021 dont you? 8-) .........

pelmetman - 2021-03-07 11:45 AM

Read your links!

Can the over 60s vote?

(lol) (lol) (lol)

Jesus you're thick.

Suits me B-) ..........

Indeed.

So a child that was 16 in 2016 is now 21 and can vote.

A child 15 now 20

A child 14 now 19

A child 13 now 18, but in this cohort not will all have been 13 some would have been 12

Hence my reference to "three years worth",.

So 51% of school age children were Catholics in 2016, we've accounted for 3 and a half years of those turning 18 and able to vote, so that leaves 7 and a half years of the 2016 cohort unable to vote.

What's that as a percentage of 51%?

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-03-07 12:42 PM

Read your links!

Can the over 60s vote?

(lol) (lol) (lol)

Jesus you're thick.

Suits me B-) ..........

Indeed.

A child 15 now 20

A child 14 now 19

A child 13 now 18, but in this cohort not will all have been 13 some would have been 12

So 51% of school age children were Catholics in 2016, we've accounted for 3 and a half years of those turning 18 and able to vote, so that leaves 7 and a half years of the 2016 cohort unable to vote.

There's a census next month ;-) ........

So I reckon we'll find out who's got their sums right :D ........

pelmetman - 2021-03-08 8:52 AM

Read your links!

Can the over 60s vote?

(lol) (lol) (lol)

Jesus you're thick.

Suits me B-) ..........

Indeed.

A child 15 now 20

A child 14 now 19

Why? Do you reckon that all those school aged children that were between the ages of 5 and 13 in 2016 will have magically turned eighteen?

As I said before its always simplistic answers to complex problems from you idiots who don't understand the basics.

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-03-08 9:33 AM

pelmetman - 2021-03-08 8:52 AM

Read your links!

Can the over 60s vote?

(lol) (lol) (lol)

Jesus you're thick.

Suits me B-) ..........

Indeed.

A child 15 now 20

A child 14 now 19

Why? Do you reckon that all those school aged children that were between the ages of 5 and 13 in 2016 will have magically turned eighteen?

As I said before its always simplistic answers to complex problems from you idiots who don't understand the basics.

Nothing simplistic about Eire getting what they wish for via the democratic process ;-) .......

Unless they dont really want it? ...........

Archived