Time to rebrand the Guardian.........

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-03-02 6:03 PM

I'd suggest that if you really want to engage in a discussion on Ireland a good starting point would be Neil Hegartys book the Story of Ireland, otherwise your ignorance will continue to shine through and you'll be reduced to shouting LOSER, TRAITOR etc into the wind.

You mean that same Neil Hegarty who swims in the same Scum as you? *-) ..........

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2019/oct/06/in-brief-ian-mckellen-biography-jewel-neil-hegarty-five-days-fog-anna-freeman-review

No thanks.......I may catch traitoritous >:-) .......

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pelmetman - 2021-03-02 6:15 PM

I'd suggest that if you really want to engage in a discussion on Ireland a good starting point would be Neil Hegartys book the Story of Ireland, otherwise your ignorance will continue to shine through and you'll be reduced to shouting LOSER, TRAITOR etc into the wind.

You mean that same Neil Hegarty who swims in the same Scum as you? *-) ..........

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2019/oct/06/in-brief-ian-mckellen-biography-jewel-neil-hegarty-five-days-fog-anna-freeman-review

See their you again, name calling.

So his books are reviewed in the Gruniad, they are also reviewed in the Torygraph and Time Literary Supplement? That's a good thing to most people.

What are you worried about, that you might learn something and have to engage in a meaningful discussion rather than just throw out insults?

You are a man who has read the Koran to allow you a deeper understanding of Islam, why not try to understand a bit more about your Irish cousins?

Or is the problem that knowledge scares you? Is that the problem?

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-03-02 6:30 PM

So his books are reviewed in the Gruniad, they are also reviewed in the Torygraph and Time Literary Supplement? That's a good thing to most people.

What are you worried about, that you might learn something and have to engage in a meaningful discussion rather than just throw out insults?

You are a man who has read the Koran to allow you a deeper understanding of Islam, why not try to understand a bit more about your Irish cousins?

There is NOTHING you or your fellow Scum can teach me about the deliberate targeting of civilians to achieve a united Ireland :-| ..........

Anyone who thinks that is acceptable.......Has a serious problem *-) ........

pelmetman - 2021-03-02 6:41 PM

There is NOTHING you or your fellow Scum can teach me about the deliberate targeting of civilians to achieve a united Ireland :-| ..........

But the killing of civilians by the British army and the government, that's ok?

That's a strange sort of morality you are displaying.

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-03-02 7:04 PM

They didn't DELIBRATELY target civilians........Unlike your Scum Chums :-| .......

pelmetman - 2021-03-02 7:06 PM

They didn't DELIBRATELY target civilians........Unlike your Scum Chums :-| .......

Just to be absolutely clear I have never condoned the killing of anyone, civilian or otherwise, I'm a lefty pacifist remember? You on the other hand cannot bring yourself to condemn the actions of the British army and government, it seems if the kill in the name of Britain it is allowed. For the record:

In Ireland, yes they did, including children.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/report-of-the-bloody-sunday-inquiry

In Yemen it is estimated that the decision taken by your Tory chums, to starve children whilst arming known human rights abusers could lead to the death of 200,000 civilians. I would call that action deliberately targeting civilians, what would you call it?

CurtainRaiser - 2021-03-02 8:20 PM

In Yemen it is estimated that the decision taken by your Tory chums, to starve children whilst arming known human rights abusers could lead to the death of 200,000 civilians. I would call that action deliberately targeting civilians, what would you call it?

Not all are singing from the same hymn sheet according to The Torygraph;

Boris Johnson has been accused by a former Tory minister of condemning “hundreds of thousands of children to starvation” after the Government slashed aid funding to war-torn Yemen by half.

Andrew Mitchell, a Tory MP and the former international development secretary, said the cut from £160m in 2020 to around £87m this year was an "unimaginable decision."

Former Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt joined the criticism and said he was “deeply disappointed” at the decision. He added that the “timing is inexplicable with the UN warning only last week that Yemen faces the worst famine the world has seen for decades.”

The funding cuts were announced by James Cleverly, a UK foreign office minister, during a UN donor conference on Monday afternoon.

But Mr Mitchell, in an unusually strong rebuke from a former Tory minister, accused the Government of shirking its duties as a world leader.

“Britain is the lead country at the UN on Yemen, yet this decision will condemn hundreds of thousands of children to starvation,” he said.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/03/01/uk-slashes-aid-yemen-ex-minister-warns-will-abandon-children/

I must admit I hadn't much time for Mitchell after the Plebgate incident as he came over as an arrogant twerp but when Jo Cox was murdered he spoke of his admiration for her dedication as an MP and both worked together;

Guest pelmetman

Just to be absolutely clear I have never condoned the killing of anyone, civilian or otherwise, I'm a lefty pacifist remember? You on the other hand cannot bring yourself to condemn the actions of the British army and government, it seems if the kill in the name of Britain it is allowed. For the record:

Nice squirm...........If you support the IRA........Then you support their murder of civilians........No Ifs No Buts *-) ..........

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-03-02 9:58 PM

Yes it seems most normal people are prepared to condemn the actions that will lead to a humanitarian disaster, except Pelmethead who seems happy to condone it?

You mean like LABOURS Blair illegal war which stirred the Islamist bunfight in Yemen? *-) .........

Guest pelmetman

For a so called edgermercated bloke, one would think you'd know that the war in Yemen is just another Sonny & Cher bunfight :-| ...........

They've been killing each other ever since Muhammad popped his clogs 8-) .......

"The Houthis belong to the Shiite branch of Islam. Saudi Arabia, which shares a border with Yemen and is predominantly Sunni, has been helping Yemen’s government forces try to regain control over Houthi-held parts of the country."

https://theconversation.com/who-are-yemens-houthis

So the only people who are responsible for the humanitarian crisis in Yemen are Muslims *-) ........

pelmetman - 2021-03-03 8:41 AM

Nice squirm...........If you support the IRA........Then you support their murder of civilians........No Ifs No Buts *-) ..........

And what if you support the British Army?

Serious question;

Do you really believe they haven't murdered civilians?

And is voting for Sinn Fein supporting the IRA?

If so that includes all those who voted in Sinn Fein MPs.*

The majority in several constituencies - are they all 'Terrorists'?

*Before BoJo bought voters with your money

So BoJo maintains his empire at you LOSER's expense.

You will find that like most people of Irish descent I support Irish unity, I also had great grandparents that were members of the IRA and I am proud of their actions. My father served in the British Army seeing active service in France and Germany at end of the second world war and I am very proud of his actions. The problem you have with your limited knowledge of the history of Ireland is that you do not understand the difference between the IRA and the Provisional IRA.

Like most people who support Irish unity I am against the killing of civilians, as I said previously I am pretty much against killing full stop. You need to look at the emergence of the Northern Ireland Civil Rights Association in response to discrimination by the ruling Executive Committee and its subsequent suppression by the RUC and British army, to fully understand the feeling of being occupied by a repressive regime and the rise in support for Sinn Fein following the actions of the forces of that regime.

That it took more than 3,500 deaths to bring people around the table and discuss a peaceful route forward is a sign of the failure of British statecraft. I saw my father's heartbreak when the British army killed children on bloody Sunday, I saw him trying to work through his divided loyalties and I saw the fury he felt that yet again innocent people would die on all sides because of politicians failures.

You on the other hand, with your almost religous support of all things Tory, can never see anything wrong? If you support the British governments current actions then you support starving 200,000 children under five years of age. They are quite literally murdering children and you are standing back and clapping. Feel free to correct me if you are against these cuts as your responses so far have avoided this key point?

John52 - 2021-03-03 9:35 AM

pelmetman - 2021-03-03 8:51 AM

You mean like LABOURS Blair illegal war which stirred the Islamist bunfight in Yemen? *-) .........

You mean the one the Tories supported and Jeremy Corbyn voted against?

Pelmets party not only voted in the HoC to support it, he'd have been among the cheerleaders glued to their tv sets excitedly whooping with glee as the US sent the first cruise missiles in. Prior to that he'd have sneered at weapons inspector Dr David Kelly as a "lefty loser liberal".

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-03-03 10:40 AM

You will find that like most people of Irish descent I support Irish unity, I also had great grandparents that were members of the IRA and I am proud of their actions. My father served in the British Army seeing active service in France and Germany at end of the second world war and I am very proud of his actions. The problem you have with your limited knowledge of the history of Ireland is that you do not understand the difference between the IRA and the Provisional IRA.

Like most people who support Irish unity I am against the killing of civilians, as I said previously I am pretty much against killing full stop. You need to look at the emergence of the Northern Ireland Civil Rights Association in response to discrimination by the ruling Executive Committee and its subsequent suppression by the RUC and British army, to fully understand the feeling of being occupied by a repressive regime and the rise in support for Sinn Fein following the actions of the forces of that regime.

That it took more than 3,500 deaths to bring people around the table and discuss a peaceful route forward is a sign of the failure of British statecraft. I saw my father's heartbreak when the British army killed children on bloody Sunday, I saw him trying to work through his divided loyalties and I saw the fury he felt that yet again innocent people would die on all sides because of politicians failures.

You on the other hand, with your almost religous support of all things Tory, can never see anything wrong? If you support the British governments current actions then you support starving 200,000 children under five years of age. They are quite literally murdering children and you are standing back and clapping. Feel free to correct me if you are against these cuts as your responses so far have avoided this key point?

The thing YOU dumb Republicans missed is the FACT you didn't need to start a war or kill anyone *-) ........

As reunification is only a matter of time.... Coz.......Republicans being Catholics breed like rabbits ;-) .........

The demographics in NI is already on your side according to some surveys :-| ..........

pelmetman - 2021-03-03 3:28 PM

CurtainRaiser - 2021-03-03 10:40 AM

The thing YOU dumb Republicans missed is the FACT you didn't need to start a war or kill anyone *-) ........

As reunification is only a matter of time.... Coz.......Republicans being Catholics breed like rabbits ;-) .........

The demographics in NI is already on your side according to some surveys :-| ..........

They didn't start a war, they held marches against the discrimination of the Executive Committee. A Committee that in fear of the rising population of republicans where introducing legislation to suppress their vote further.

Still no condemnation of the governments actions on Yemen? Still clapping along as the body count mounts.

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-03-03 3:38 PM

They didn't start a war, they held marches against the discrimination of the Executive Committee. A Committee that in fear of the rising population of republicans where introducing legislation to suppress their vote further.

Whilst their NASTY chums planted bombs to kill Men Women and Children *-) ..........

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-03-03 3:38 PM

Still no condemnation of the governments actions on Yemen? Still clapping along as the body count mounts.

You wont hear any either ;-) .........

As I know who's side the Houti's are on *-) ........

"Al-Qaeda (/æl'ka?d?, ?ælk??'i?d?/; Arabic: ???????? al-Qa?idah, IPA: [ælq????d?], translation: "The Base", "The Foundation", alternatively spelled al-Qaida and al-Qa'ida) is a militant Sunni Islamist multi-national organization founded in 1988[38] by Osama bin Laden"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Qaeda

No doubt you would suck up to them :-| ..........

Oh look Pelmethead, your chum Doris's actions have led to loyalist paramilitary groups renouncing Good Friday agreement. No doubt when it all kicks off it will all be Sinn Fein fault for not waiting another thirty years for the demographics to catch up with the problem.

This is what happens when the UK breaks the law.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/mar/04/brexit-northern-ireland-loyalist-armies-renounce-good-friday-agreement?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-03-04 11:45 PM

Oh look Pelmethead, your chum Doris's actions have led to loyalist paramilitary groups renouncing Good Friday agreement. No doubt when it all kicks off it will all be Sinn Fein fault for not waiting another thirty years for the demographics to catch up with the problem.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/mar/04/brexit-northern-ireland-loyalist-armies-renounce-good-friday-agreement?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

It seems to me they're grumpy about the EU's trying to segregate NI from the UK :-| .........

Perhaps its time for that referendum? ;-) ..........

I'd vote for reunification :D ........

pelmetman - 2021-03-05 8:29 AM

It seems to me they're grumpy about the EU's trying to segregate NI from the UK :-| .........

That's because you don't understand politics, mathematics, demographics and the voting age.

pelmetman - 2021-03-05 8:29 AM

If BoJo gave you a vote on it *-)

Instead of using your money to bribe voters in N Ireland, Scotland and Wales to maintain his empire at your expense.

He won't give you LOSERs a choice.

Just take your money and bribe us with it.

Archived