RED WARNING LIGHT

k99bbb

Keithl - 2021-03-25 7:42 PM

Barry,

Is your 2007 AutoTrail built on the 2007 and later X250 chassis or the earlier X244 chassis?

This could explain the difference in warning light position.

Keith.

I’ve looked through Barry’s (k99bbb) earlier postings and - where the ‘year’ of his Apache motorhome was stated - the year 2011 was always given. For example, in this April 2020 thread

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/door-catch/54955/

when you asked for details of his motorhome, he said that it was a

2011 AUTO TRAIL 634 APACHE

and a 2011 Ducato should DEFINITELY be an ‘X250’ model.

I’ve attached a drawing of a (km/h) speedometer - though Barry must surely know the difference between a speedometer and a rev-counter - but that doesn’t have a ‘fan’ warning-light either.

The ‘overheating’ warning-light for a Ducato X250 is described in the Owner Handbook as shown in the 2nd image attached below.

Some more informative information from Barry might help - like when does the red light appear, and is it illuminated all the time. (And a photo would be even better!)

I don’t know if Barry has a Ducato Owner Handbook for his motorhome. If not, the relevant Handbook can be displayed/downloaded from here

https://aftersales.fiat.com/elum/Carousel.aspx?error_code=none&brand_code=77&id_language=2&market_code=EN_EU&plate_number=&modelID=

and the Handbook will have a Warning Lights section.

speedometer.png.5650b002d14b03efc4af71db47cb5563.png

1030699181_overheatwarninglight.png.62812b55665d96f01cc95a527589371c.png

A follow-up

As Gman (Steve) says the ‘red fan’ symbol appears at the base of the speedometter - NOT the rev-counter. (Image attached below)

The fan symbol is not shown in the Warning Lights section of a Ducato X250 Handbook, but it does appear in the Handbook for the X244 Ducatos. (2nd image below.)

This 2019 MHFun thread was about the "Unknown dashboard warning light”.

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/unknown-dashboard-warning-light.205851/

1401011745_redfan.JPG.9419dfd22233e67c3b39e21ed6282e4b.JPG

105869258_fanhandbook.png.38ce45fccc7fe22f4abb49adcf88c1d3.png

The words "where provided" suggest that the coolant level warning is an optional feature. A simple inspection of the header tank should confirm whether the coolant level is correct. Typically about halfway down the tank, when the engine is cool.

If the option is fitted to the vehicle, there will be a sensor device attached to the header tank. The sensor will require an electrical connection at the header tank. The presence or abscence of an electrical connection should indicate as to whether or not the option has been fitted. If the coolant level is correct, the indication must be false. This could be caused by a faulty sensor if fitted, or by an electrical/electronic fault.

Alan

This 2012 MHFacts discussion also mentions the coolant warning light (see 2nd page).

https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/149-fiat-ducato/95425-2010-x250-engine-coolant-warning-light.html

It’s perhaps worth noting that - for earlier Ducato X250 models - the Owner Handbook shows the speedometer having the ‘fan’ warning light (image attaced) and there’s a definition in the Warning Lights section. But later Handbooks do not show/mention the light.

Consequently (assuming Barry’s Ducato is 2011 vintage) his Owner Handbook probably will not refer to the ‘fan’ warning light, though it’s clear from his posting that his motorome has this.

fan.png.b61fc4f58a96e2164d7d03de4e4973f4.png

Thanks for all you help dont no if it is my age or covid but you where right my motor home is 2011 and not 2007 as i said Also you where right not the rev counter but the speedo And it looks as if the light is shining on the sign which makes it look as so it ON

Thanks ones again

Archived