Failures of State

John52

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2021-04-05 5:12 PM

pelmetman - 2021-04-05 8:33 AM........................

Yep the government I own is managing the Pandemic much better than the EU you LOSERS worship >:-) .............

It isn't - for which there is overwhelming evidence. I don't.

So you'd rather be in the EU Lockdown and still awaiting your jab??? 8-) ..........

Damn you LOSERS are Dumb (lol) (lol) (lol) ...........

pelmetman - 2021-04-06 9:46 AM

Yep the government I own is managing the Pandemic much better than the EU you LOSERS worship >:-) .............

So you'd rather be in the EU Lockdown and still awaiting your jab??? 8-) ..........

No, what I want is a reasonably competent UK government. Preferring to be in the EU is no longer an alternative, so that is a meaningless alternative to suggest. But, even were we still in the EU, having suffered the largest loss of life and the deepest economic damage of the EU countries, would hardly be a demonstration of superior government performance, would it?

I really don't understand your reasoning. You wanted out of the EU. You voted for Boris & Co to be your government to achieve that. Now they have shown themselves to be a one trick Brexit pony, the best defence you can find for them is that they have done better than the EU with vaccine supply - where they are largely the passive beneficiaries of other peoples' foresight and organisational skills. Vaccine supplies that have become critical because they were all on Brexit duty and failed to see the pandemic developing around them until it was, as they admitted, out of control - to the extent it developed a more infective variant and took off in a third wave. But, so long as you're happy, eh! :-S

You've set your bar so low a toddler could jump over it. Why? I expect governments of this country to have high standards and high competence. Why don't you? Very odd, from a self-proclaimed patriot! (lol) (lol)

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2021-04-06 3:28 PM

No, what I want is a reasonably competent UK government. Preferring to be in the EU is no longer an alternative, so that is a meaningless alternative to suggest. But, even were we still in the EU, having suffered the largest loss of life and the deepest economic damage of the EU countries, would hardly be a demonstration of superior government performance, would it?

I really don't understand your reasoning. You wanted out of the EU. You voted for Boris & Co to be your government to achieve that. Now they have shown themselves to be a one trick Brexit pony, the best defence you can find for them is that they have done better than the EU with vaccine supply - where they are largely the passive beneficiaries of other peoples' foresight and organisational skills. Vaccine supplies that have become critical because they were all on Brexit duty and failed to see the pandemic developing around them until it was, as they admitted, out of control - to the extent it developed a more infective variant and took off in a third wave. But, so long as you're happy, eh! :-S

You've set your bar so low a toddler could jump over it. Why? I expect governments of this country to have high standards and high competence. Why don't you? Very odd, from a self-proclaimed patriot! (lol) (lol)

Another LOSER who is counting his HATER chickens early *-) ..........

I see the pound broke the 1.18 euro yesterday :D ..........

Not surprising considering the UK economy is coming out of Lockdown and much of the EU is heading back in >:-) ..........

No, what I want is a reasonably competent UK government.

I really don't understand your reasoning. You wanted out of the EU. You voted for Boris & Co to be your government to achieve that. Now they have shown themselves to be a one trick Brexit pony, the best defence you can find for them is that they have done better than the EU with vaccine supply - where they are largely the passive beneficiaries of other peoples' foresight and organisational skills.

He set it low so he could get over it without his nappy getting caught. He's no patriot, just a self-serving hypocrite, state scrounging malingerer.

You've set your bar so low a toddler could jump over it. Why?

I expect governments of this country to have high standards and high competence. Why don't you?

Very odd, from a self-proclaimed patriot! (lol) (lol)

You have to remember Brian that Dave thinks that anyone who buys a Union Jack automatically becomes a patriot.

Personal standards of honesty and / or integrity are entirely optional.

;-)

malc d - 2021-04-06 5:22 PM.....................

You have to remember Brian that Dave thinks that anyone who buys a Union Jack automatically becomes a patriot.

Personal standards of honesty and / or integrity are entirely optional. ;-)

How true Malc, how very true! My word is my bond, eh?? :-D

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2021-04-06 5:22 PM

I expect governments of this country to have high standards and high competence. Why don't you?

;-)

What would LOSERS know about honesty or integrity??? *-) ..........

Seeing as they obviously struggle with reality >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2021-04-08 8:24 AM

;-)

So now you think anyone who buys a Union Jack is a LOSER ?

. (?)

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2021-04-08 9:38 AM

pelmetman - 2021-04-08 8:24 AM

;-)

So now you think anyone who buys a Union Jack is a LOSER ?

. (?)

Gawden Bennet YOU LOSERS are hardwork *-) ........

Fortunately I KNOW I'm NOT ashamed of my history or country B-) ......

Unlike the wannabe Snowflakes on here *-) .......

Just as a matter of interest, did anyone else buy the book? 450 odd pages of collected bits and pieces that add up to quite an indictment of our dear government's performance with Covid. It definitely isn't an easy read (unlikely to be a best seller - I keep falling asleep reading it! :-)), I suspect as a consequence of it being cobbled together in haste. But a huge amount of fact, much commentary by, and interview of, numerous people who have been involved in various ways with government, some named, some not, and a lot of detailed references.

Haven't finished it yet, I've got to about page 350. It's all familiar stuff, but I was amazed at how much of it I had forgotten until reminded. Worth having, I think, just for the history. Doesn't reveal anything new, just sets it out in chronological order with corroboration.

The picture that emerges is of poor preparation, of serial failures to act until too late, of creating avoidable confusion, of half measures instead of full measures, of repeated errors, and of premature relaxations, all resulting in run-away rates of death and disease, coupled with a virtual collapse of the health service and vast, avoidable, economic damage. I can only assume that his cabinet thinks they've done well, as none of them has resigned (or committed hara-kiri!). :-S

Brian Kirby - 2021-04-15 5:26 PM

Just as a matter of interest, did anyone else buy the book? 450 odd pages of collected bits and pieces that add up to quite an indictment of our dear government's performance with Covid. It definitely isn't an easy read (unlikely to be a best seller - I keep falling asleep reading it! :-)), I suspect as a consequence of it being cobbled together in haste. But a huge amount of fact, much commentary by, and interview of, numerous people who have been involved in various ways with government, some named, some not, and a lot of detailed references.

Haven't finished it yet, I've got to about page 350. It's all familiar stuff, but I was amazed at how much of it I had forgotten until reminded. Worth having, I think, just for the history. Doesn't reveal anything new, just sets it out in chronological order with corroboration.

This one? https://tinyurl.com/3pmy3tfy I would find it a thoroughly depressing read.

The picture that emerges is of poor preparation, of serial failures to act until too late, of creating avoidable confusion, of half measures instead of full measures, of repeated errors, and of premature relaxations, all resulting in run-away rates of death and disease, coupled with a virtual collapse of the health service and vast, avoidable, economic damage. I can only assume that his cabinet thinks they've done well, as none of them has resigned (or committed hara-kiri!). :-S

Pro-Brexiteer Jeremy Vine was excitedly praising the vaccine procurement as a "Brexit success" on his show earlier today saying we couldn't have done it had we been in the EU. It didn't take long for a phone caller to tear his lie to shreds and state the factual truth! The same caller also reminded Vine of our horrendous covid fatality figure, the highest of any European country.

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2021-04-15 5:26 PM

A book rushed by desperate LOSER A Hole ;-) ........

Desperate to satisfy his LOSER A Holes (lol) (lol) (lol) ...........

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2021-04-15 9:59 PM

pelmetman - 2021-04-15 7:26 PM

Presumably you read it before giving your verdict *-)

I dont need to taste a turd to know its a turd *-) ........

He's illiterate.

pelmetman - 2021-04-15 10:00 PM

How odd. You've given me the impression they are your staple diet! (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2021-04-16 6:50 PM

pelmetman - 2021-04-15 10:00 PM

How odd. You've given me the impression they are your staple diet! (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

Reading the bleatings of the Loser Brigade on here ;-) ............

I'd say I'm fed more Bullsh1t than turd >:-) ............

P1010899.JPG.de6a182cf2e70263e6ef56a02ff98537.JPG

Archived