Please help - I'm having a blonde moment!

J9withdogs

Dunno about Howie - but hasn't Tony Jones got a lovely smile! (lol)

Hope you all had a good Easter!

Yes I'm back from my trip to sunny Stourport - did you miss me?

Only one slight problem with my waterworks, but that was speedily fixed with a rubber band and a large screwdriver! ;-)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest starspirit

I had better send poor Tony an email to warn him that J9 is on the prowl again.

Yes I did miss you but my aim is getting better and next time you might not be so lucky.

Trouble with waterworks goes with yer age gal dunnit and the mind boggles to think how a rubber band and a large screwdriver helped solve the problem?

Guest starspirit

Dunno Mel - but you are still my favourite really - but don't tell Michelle please!

The three degrees - Mel B, J9, and Michele - or is that the Rollee Poleeees?

Interesting thought?

J9withdogs - 2007-04-09 9:07 PM

Oh Mel - he's really quite nice, honestly - in a Victor Meldrew type of way! You can take him anywhere twice - the second time to apologise (lol)

J9!!! Frankly I don't really think Rich will appreciate being compared to 'Victor Meldrew' based on past postings ...... (lol)

Guest starspirit

I take it as a wonderful compliment to be compared to dear old Victor.

He was a man of high moral standards and integrity being frustrated at every turn by the uncaring, ugly, self obsessed, greedy, manipulative, materialistic people that purports to be today's 'society', and I salute him for joining me and the rest of us ever growing band of grumpy old men and women in standing up against the purveyors of mediocrity.

In other words s#d you Jack - I'm allright thanks.

And just for the record - I've never touched J9's plug or drain hole - so to speak.

Guest starspirit

OOOOh bloody hell that sounds painful?

Silicone sealant does not always stick to the outside of some water tanks due to the type of plastic used. Also silicone is a good sealant when the pressure is on a wide surface (like twixt bath and wall) but not so clever when trying to seal a leak from outside when there is the weight of water pressure from the inside.

That's not to say that it isn't worth a go because that's what I would probably try first but maybe put a dollop of silicone somewhere else on the tank first and see if it easily peels off after a day or two, in which case a different type of sealer may be required.

Cellulose thinners or similar grease free cleaner will be needed to clean the tank surface which will then need to be roughed up a bit and kept absolutely dry for the silicone hardening period.

Innit amazing what old Victor can do for you?

Archived