Murvi Morello Water Pipes

captainalice

Like many others,our van was laid up for a long time,and yes,the little grey destroyers got in. I have replaced all the obvious damaged pipes,but cannot see how/where the two long pipes ( one red,one blue ) which go from the boiler cupboard area,back to the tank,are routed.They are clearly underneath the shower tray edges,but I cannot tell if they are fixed anywhere...they won't just pull out.

Can anyone advise me please ?

Murvi have been selling panel-van conversions with the model-name "Morello" for over 25 years.

It may be possible for Murvi to advise on the route the two long water pipes take (and what sort of 'tethers' might have been used) but they will almost certainly need to be told when the Morello was built.

Murvi contact details here

http://www.murvi.co.uk/contact/

I’m not sure from David’s posting whether he NEEDS to access the two long water hoses, or he just wants to inspect them to confirm tthat they are not rodent-damaged.

Obviously, if the hoses have been damaged to the extent that they are leaking, David will need to replace them and - as the hoses cannot simply be withdrawn from under the shower-tray - some invasive surgery will be required to allow replacement to take place. (Even if the hoses could be withdrawn without (say) removing the shower-tray, feeding the hoses back under the tray might well be far more difficult.)

Even if Murvi or someone in the Murvi Club could tell David what route the ‘invisible’ hoses take and how they might be fixed in place, as he has found that the hoses cannot be pulled out, he’d still need to get at them to check their condition. So if experimentation shows no sign that the hoses are leaking, it might be better to assume that they are not rodent-damaged rather than attempt to inspect them.

On my Rapido motorhome I know where the main water-hose leaves the water pump; I know where the hoses end up at the taps, shower and toilet, I know where a hose joins and leaves the Truma water boiler; but I’ve little idea about the route the hoses take once they have dived beneath the motorhome’s floor. All I can say with certainty I is that, if a water leak occurred under the floor, it would be a nightmare to cure.

(Presumably it isn’t practicable with David’s Murvi to (tidily) re-route new hoses from the boiler cupboard to the tank and dispense with the original red and blue hoses.)

David,

Could you pressure test the hoses to check for leaks? Plug one end and pressurise with maybe a bicycle pump and listen for leaks and then see if the pressure drops over time. I would suggest a maximum pressure of around 20 psi or whatever the pump is rated at if lower.

Far simpler than trying to remove them to inspect.

Keith.

Hallo and thanks to all for your help. I had tried Murvi,the van is 22 years old and they couldn't remember exactly where the pipes went (!).I was able to access and remove the long pipes from under the edge of the shower tray by cutting into the back lip of the tray,from the outside..They are replaced and all is watertight again. BUT,and there is always one,the bathroom sink and kitchen sink taps don't produce water...the shower does though. I can see that the mices have eaten through the feed to the microswitched main tap,but the feed to the bathroom sink is intact. All the rest of the 12 volt system is working normally..oh yes,and the electric toilet flush is not working.

Any advice would be most welcome including where I can find a simple wiring diagram ! Thanks

There are ‘generic’ wiring diagrams online that relate to caravan/motorhome water systems that use micro-switches on the water outlets

https://tinyurl.com/2szwbese

but I’m not sure how helpfuk these might be in your case.

This link starts from the basics

https://clearcutconversions.co.uk/onlineshop/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Plumb-and-Wire-Sink.pdf

blaven - 2021-05-10 9:41 AM

I have Murvi Morello 2003 on Ducato X244 2.8 JTD.

I have original wiring and plumbing diagrams from the van handbook which may be of help to you.

PM me and I’ll photograph them and email if you wish.

Files sent. Check your spam folder ?

• 1 month later...

Archived