More news from the Brexit coal face...........

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman

Just been to our local sailmakers to get a price for some sun awnings for the summer house B-) ...........

He said they usually have 4 weeks work ahead of them ;-) ............

They are currently booked up until Christmas 8-) ...........

But reckons he should able to slot our job in somewhere as its only simple :D ..........

So much for LOSERS prediction that Brexit would wreck the economy >:-) ..........

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9790619/Covid-recovery-continues-unemployment-rate-falls-0-2-percent-points.html

Worra load of chumps (lol) (lol) (lol)..........

Never mind the £trillions of debt

Exports to our biggest customer cut in half

Businesses can't get the staff

Your sun shade supplier is busy

So thats all ok then *-)

as for 'recovery' we are coming out of lockdown

When the National Debt is back to where it was before BoJo started I can call it a recovery

pelmetman - 2021-07-15 10:26 AM

So much for LOSERS prediction that Brexit would wreck the economy >:-) ..........

What I would like to know is, why Spain is the only country in the G20 that has a worse recovery rate than the UK.

So as I understand it - after so many places have been closed down for over a year - and a lot of people lost their jobs :

... as all the places start to open up again, more people are being employed.

Who could have guessed that would happen ?

:-D

Well it's all going 'pear shaped' now.

With Boris 'the butcher' Kemal insisting on keeping to 'Idiots day' on Monday, and refusing reimpose restrictions the business world is coming to a halt.

Once again we have had a service cancelled due to cv-19 and when calling about it we are told they are struggling to get any boilers serviced due to engineers getting pinged, also I see the car industry is predicting closing in the next few days unless things improve, other industries are also predicted to follow suit.

This government is a disgrace, we need a government that knows how industry works, not some limp wristed weak PM who thinks a classics degree makes him suitable to run a country, so in that we agree Dave, these types of degrees are useless.

colin - 2021-07-16 11:42 AM

Well it's all going 'pear shaped' now.

With Boris 'the butcher' Kemal insisting on keeping to 'Idiots day' on Monday, and refusing reimpose restrictions the business world is coming to a halt.

Once again we have had a service cancelled due to cv-19 and when calling about it we are told they are struggling to get any boilers serviced due to engineers getting pinged, also I see the car industry is predicting closing in the next few days unless things improve, other industries are also predicted to follow suit.

This government is a disgrace, we need a government that knows how industry works, not some limp wristed weak PM who thinks a classics degree makes him suitable to run a country, so in that we agree Dave, these types of degrees are useless.

Well Johnson did once say "Fcuk Business". Perhaps he meant it along with "Letting the bodies pile up".

Of course when the dust settles and the country is bankrupt he (if he is still somehow in power) will just blame it all on Covid. Who knows, he may even try blaming the EU.

CurtainRaiser - 2021-07-16 2:04 PM

"Scientists say ‘unethical experiment’ could allow vaccine-resistant variants to develop"

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/16/englands-covid-unlocking-a-threat-to-the-world-experts-say?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Christ! I did wonder if it would be possible for the UK to be disliked any more by the rest of the world what with Brexit and us infecting Europe with the Blighty virus last time because the government allowed it to get out of control. Imagine it all happening again.

Guest pelmetman

Yup.........thought as much ;-) ..........

That would get the squad frothing at the mouth :D ..........

Meanwhile in Brexit on Sea, its going to be a scorchio weekend.........BBQ or Paella? is the most pressing question here for those of us enjoying our sunlit uplands B-) ..........

Happy Hating LOSERS (lol) ..........

Archived