Fiat Ducato 100 multijet 2010

Silver Roamers

I think you will have to take the black plastic scuttle panel out to get to it.

If you haven't done it before it could take hours.

A professional with all the tools to hand that has done it many times before could probably do it in 20 minutes

Involves taking off the bonnet - only 4 bolts and you can see from the marks in the paint where to replace it

Taking off the 2 triangular body panels (screws at the front and a clip at the back)

Taking off the wiper arms - undo the nut then you will probably need a puller

Taking of a couple of screws holding the scuttle panel - the rest of it is held by plastic clips

As so often with Ducato body panels held by clips, you just have to force them apart - Clips will be old and brittle, some will break but thats unavoidable

No problem for the Fiat technician with a box full of them to hand, but you will probably have to take one down to the car accessory shop and get a few replacements - they are a universal clip fitted to many other vehicles, so no need to go to the main dealer.

The most important thing is to make sure the wiper arms are properly seated on the splines and the nut tightened before you turn the wipers on.

Otherwise its likely to chew up the splines, necessitating new wiper linkage and wiper arms. In which case it would have been cheaper to pay a professional to do it.

Silver Roamers - 2021-07-29 9:11 AM

How can I refit the pipe onto the windscreen washer jet. I can't get to the back of the jet. Does the jet have to be removed? If so, how?

Can anyone help.

The nozzles come out from the outside by squeezing the two plastic springs. If you are careful it is possible to lift them slightly to allow a small blade to be inserted to press the springs on one side and wiggle it to get to the other side and and lever them out.

The link below is to a photo of the nozzle showing the small gap that allow it to be lifted slightly and the springs on either side. When you initially lift them a credit card can be slid in the keep them raised.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/28017011309

rayc - 2021-07-29 7:32 PM

How can I refit the pipe onto the windscreen washer jet. I can't get to the back of the jet. Does the jet have to be removed? If so, how?

Can anyone help.

The nozzles come out from the outside by squeezing the two plastic springs. If you are careful it is possible to lift them slightly to allow a small blade to be inserted to press the springs on one side and wiggle it to get to the other side and and lever them out.

The link below is to a photo of the nozzle showing the small gap that allow it to be lifted slightly and the springs on either side. When you initially lift them a credit card can be slid in the keep them raised.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/28017011309

That would be better than my suggestion if you just want to change the jet

But the pipe is detached and can you refit the pipe when its out?

You have to get to it and pull it through -

will there be enough length in it to fit it on the jet whilst its out?

presumably the pipe is getting a bit perished will it need replacing or securing to stop it coming off again

But if you can do it without taking the scuttle panel out thats all well and good :-D

Can anyone help.

I've just done mine slightly raised the jet with a small blade sprayed in some washing up liquid the prised it out the pipe can be refitted and put back complete. Mine had actually been forced apart possibly by frost over the winter and I super glued it back together

Archived