snobs

Forester

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Driving across France, everyone waved back. I think the English shook off their snobbery in the face of foreign threat and thought of the "empire" French and German seem not to have this "A" class hang up and view all as fellow campers ( lets have no stalag jokes !)

Forester - 2007-04-21 9:09 PM
michele - 2007-04-21 7:24 PM I laugh my underpants off till my eyes pop out you have no undies left Wayne . :$

10/10 giggles but you missed the ed on pop, useing Maggies !!!!  he he

There's two "p"s in popped, and useing is using.  Tee hee, hee, hee, hee, hee.

Guest caraprof

Personally, I hate it when total strangers wave to me just because we're both driving motorhomes. I find it all a bit sad that they think that we're all a bit special. Maybe thirty years ago but we're ten a penny now.

Caravanners don't do it and perhaps it's actually motorhomers who are the real snobs and think themselves different and elite?

caraprof - 2007-04-23 2:20 PM

Personally, I hate it when total strangers wave to me just because we're both driving motorhomes. I find it all a bit sad that they think that we're all a bit special. Maybe thirty years ago but we're ten a penny now.

Caravanners don't do it and perhaps it's actually motorhomers who are the real snobs and think themselves different and elite?

Oooh that's a bit harsh.

I think it's just plain friendly!

I wave at everyone - they can please themselves if they wave back.

(I also wink at the lorry drivers - but that's a different subject!)

Virtually all bikers nod to each other, are they snobs?

They only nod because if you wave with your right hand, you lose your throttle and the bike suddenly slows down, you look a prat then.

I was a biker and nodded, now a m/homer; I wave and smile, costs nothing, makes me feel good.

Peace brother.

Guest peter

Bit off topic, but forgive me as it is relevant.

A lorry driver picks up a young woman who'se thumbing a lift. As they are travelling along and chatting she says "I'm sitting on something all you sex mad lorry drivers love" He looks at her slightly astonished and says

"Oh no don't tell me your sitting on my Yorkie". :'(

Archived