A unelected bureaucrat writes....

CurtainRaiser

Guest pelmetman
colin - 2021-09-21 1:24 PM

Going back to OP, looks like something from the old USSR, must be a leftie/burocrats dream, setting up our own standards irrespective of what the rest of the world is doing. As we suffer more goods and service shortages makes you wonder if the UK will go the same way.

Having been to the USSR ;-) ........I doubt our standards have ever been that low 8-) ........

But we do have a history of raising standards higher than the EU.......Animal welfare being a prime example B-) ........

Which I'd have thought you would have known Colin? :-S .........

Or do you still buy Danish Bacon? 8-) ......

pelmetman - 2021-09-21 1:56 PM

Going back to OP, looks like something from the old USSR, must be a leftie/burocrats dream, setting up our own standards irrespective of what the rest of the world is doing. As we suffer more goods and service shortages makes you wonder if the UK will go the same way.

Having been to the USSR ;-) ........I doubt our standards have ever been that low 8-) ........

But we do have a history of raising standards higher than the EU.......Animal welfare being a prime example B-) ........

Can't recall the last time we brought Danish Bacon, or any other that is cured with sodium nitrates like most UK products in the shops, but what has that got to do with the rubbish spouted in the OP?

Well the answer is nothing, if you read the details which are available online you will see that most are a lowering of standards on a whole range of things, not least at last Pratti and her chums will be free over EU laws governing state spying on individuals.

Guest pelmetman
colin - 2021-09-21 2:13 PM

pelmetman - 2021-09-21 1:56 PM

Can't recall the last time we brought Danish Bacon, or any other that is cured with sodium nitrates like most UK products in the shops, but what has that got to do with the rubbish spouted in the OP?

Well the answer is nothing, if you read the details which are available online you will see that most are a lowering of standards on a whole range of things, not least at last Pratti and her chums will be free over EU laws governing state spying on individuals.

It's you that brought up "Standards" ;-) ..........

Why are you bothered with CCTV? :-S .........

I'm not :-| .........

But then again I've got nothing to hide :D .........

pelmetman - 2021-09-22 8:26 AM

So here's the deal, Pratti wants to be able to spy on all UK citizens, not just with CCTV, by any means, not worried about that? Well you need to look at who will be able to access this data, let alone consider 'mission creep' (remember the local governments spying on school children?) I've got nothing to hide, but I don't want certain local officials who have a vendetta against our family having access to our data, it's just like the USSR, but lefties like you seem to embrace it.

Guest pelmetman
colin - 2021-09-22 11:57 AM

So here's the deal, Pratti wants to be able to spy on all UK citizens, not just with CCTV, by any means, not worried about that? Well you need to look at who will be able to access this data, let alone consider 'mission creep' (remember the local governments spying on school children?) I've got nothing to hide, but I don't want certain local officials who have a vendetta against our family having access to our data, it's just like the USSR, but lefties like you seem to embrace it.

Blimey you have been reading too many books 8-) ...........

I doubt any official in Snowflake UK could getaway with carrying out a personal vendetta :D ........

pelmetman - 2021-09-23 8:04 AM

I doubt any official in Snowflake UK could getaway with carrying out a personal vendetta :D ........

I would suggest you educate yourself as to what has happened in the past, and appears to be ongoing, on multiple occasions police and council employees have been found to be accessing records which they shouldn't be, often it only comes to light as part of other investigations.

Guest pelmetman
colin - 2021-09-23 9:43 AM

pelmetman - 2021-09-23 8:04 AM

I would suggest you educate yourself as to what has happened in the past, and appears to be ongoing, on multiple occasions police and council employees have been found to be accessing records which they shouldn't be, often it only comes to light as part of other investigations.

I doubt they'll find anything of much use in my records ;-) .........

Perhaps you've had a more "Interesting" life than you've let on :D ...........

You can be sure that even the likes of Matt Hancock won't make the mistake of letting us see them on CCTV again.

But they want to see the whistleblowers who expose their corruption.

Contrary to Government propoganda, it was not Her Majesty's Forces that won the freedoms that you and I enjoy today.

It was people like the Chartists and Suffragettes who operated outside the law.

You may have nothing to hide from the Government, but they did.

We only got the freedoms we have now because the Government did not have CCTV on them.

How do we know what sort of Government will take over here.

Her Majesty's Forces swear their allegiance to an unelected head of state, not to us.

How do we know what a future unelected head of state will be like?

Bad enough having CCTV under the control of a Prime Minister who conspired with his friend plotting to have an innocent journalist beaten up - what if they had CCTV to track him and his whistleblower contacts?

Archived