More bad news for the Squad.........

Guest pelmetman

pelmetman - 2021-11-27 10:03 PM............................................

1 I would call it anti Brexit bitching which fed the anti vaxxer morons :-| .........

2 Seems to me recent history has proved me right however you LOSERS try to spin it *-) ........

1 Yes I'm sure you would. I'd simply call it cognitive dissonance!

2 It would, but it's still cognitive dissonance! (lol) (lol)

Brian Kirby - 2021-11-30 12:52 PM

pelmetman - 2021-11-27 10:03 PM............................................

1 I would call it anti Brexit bitching which fed the anti vaxxer morons :-| .........

2 Seems to me recent history has proved me right however you LOSERS try to spin it *-) ........

1 Yes I'm sure you would. I'd simply call it cognitive dissonance!

2 It would, but it's still cognitive dissonance! (lol) (lol)

I don't think he understands what that is Brian. I looked for something simple, preferably with pictures or a cartoon. as a basic explanation and I think I found the best for flat earth believers......it's also got emojis and he likes those!

https://flatearth.ws/cognitive-dissonance

1410480836_CogDisforFlatEarthers.JPG.b077a5e1127dba20ef3458c8513ae196.JPG

Guest pelmetman
colin - 2021-11-29 8:41 PM

Well the ONS figures for the 3rd quarter are in, and the overall UK economy is still down by 2.1%, there is one region almost back to pre-pandemic figures ,NI who are as near as damnit still in the EU.

So what's Germany's excuse...........Brexit? :D .........

"Germany economy to return to pre-pandemic levels ‘by 2022 at the latest’"

https://www.thelocal.de/20210424/germany-economy-to-return-to-pre-pandemic-levels-by-2022-at-the-latest/

(lol) (lol) (lol) ..............

pelmetman - 2021-11-30 6:24 PM

Well the ONS figures for the 3rd quarter are in, and the overall UK economy is still down by 2.1%, there is one region almost back to pre-pandemic figures ,NI who are as near as damnit still in the EU.

https://www.thelocal.de/20210424/germany-economy-to-return-to-pre-pandemic-levels-by-2022-at-the-latest/

So your 7 month old link, as you highlighted, says 2022 AT THE LATEST, and was based around 3.7% growth for the year, well they managed 3.7% in q2 and q3 alone, this left them 1.1% below prepandemic which is better than UK. all this does is prove the Daily Fail is lying yet again.

Guest pelmetman
colin - 2021-11-30 6:46 PM

So your 7 month old link, as you highlighted, says 2022 AT THE LATEST, and was based around 3.7% growth for the year, well they managed 3.7% in q2 and q3 alone, this left them 1.1% below prepandemic which is better than UK. all this does is prove the Daily Fail is lying yet again.

7 months old eh? :D ..............So you are bitching about 1% between the EU's power house...... Germany ;-) ........and Brexit Blighty >:-) ........

It's not working out as you LOSERS hoped........ is it? (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

pelmetman - 2021-11-30 8:05 PM

7 months old eh? :D ..............So you are bitching about 1% between the EU's power house...... Germany ;-) ........and Brexit Blighty >:-) ........

It's not working out as you LOSERS hoped........ is it? (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

I see once again you are using the tactic of "if your not with me your against me", I suppose in some ways you are correct, I don't share your delight in trashing the UK, you see I'm a true patriot.

Guest pelmetman
colin - 2021-11-30 8:12 PM

I see once again you are using the tactic of "if your not with me your against me", I suppose in some ways you are correct, I don't share your delight in trashing the UK, you see I'm a true patriot.

So says the bloke who has joined the UK Trashing Brigade *-) .........

Patriot?.........My a*se (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

pelmetman - 2021-11-30 8:42 PM

What you mean is Colin provides factual evidence you don't like and unable to counter or dispute with reasoned logic, so make a personal attack with the usual inane shouty nonsense. *-)

Guest pelmetman
pelmetman - 2021-11-30 8:42 PM

Bump :D ........

colin - 2021-11-30 10:32 PM

pelmetman - 2021-11-30 9:36 PM

Bump :D ........

What's up, feeling left out, I can quite understand that a leftie like yourself who has been conned by a TINO like Boris 'the butcher' Kemal, doesn't know what a patriot is.

The word " patriot " is thrown around a lot these days, but it means different things to different people.

Loving your country doesn't mean you have to love the people who are running it.

:-|

Guest pelmetman

Is the OCED lying to? >:-) ...........

"UK set to enjoy fastest economic growth of world's seven most advanced nations

OECD has forecast UK economy will also grow faster than EU's in 2021 and 2022"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10263221/UK-economy-grow-faster-EU-two-years.html

No doubt you'll keep on hoping they're wrong (lol) (lol) (lol) ...........

pelmetman - 2021-12-01 3:32 PM

They're not lying. They're guessing.

You just choose to think it's a fact.

:-|

pelmetman - 2021-12-01 3:32 PM

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10263221/UK-economy-grow-faster-EU-two-years.html

I posted facts, you posted a couple of links, one was outright lies, the other is speculation.

In would love to see this fine country flourish, in my opinion for this to happen the TINO Boris 'the butcher' Kemal should go.

pelmetman - 2021-12-01 3:32 PM..............................

Is the OCED lying too? >:-) ...........

Bit surprised to see Dave quoting those economists whose post referendum forecasts he trashed back in 2016. It seems he believes them when the DM says they are reporting good news, and disbelieves them when when the DM says otherwise. If only the DM produced its own economic forecasts, eh? :-D

This appears to be the DM quoting from the (preliminary) OECD "United Kingdom Economic Snapshot: Economic Forecast Summary (December 2021)." If they actually referenced their source - other then reference to "the OECD" - I missed it. The DM is, as ever, oversimplifying and cherry picking for the benefit of its popularity among its readership.

So, let's see what the report actually says, in their own words, once beyond the headlines.

"Output is projected to grow by 6.9% in 2021 before growth slows to 4.7% in 2022 and 2.1% in 2023.

Consumption will continue to support growth but is expected to slow as government support is wound down and households feel the income effects of rising prices.

Households in lower income brackets, who saved less during the crisis, are set to be particularly affected by the winding-down of COVID-19 support. In contrast, wealthier households will normalise their savings, which increased sharply in 2020.

Business investment in 2022 will be supported by an increased deduction for some types of investments available until April 2023.

Unemployment will gradually decline to 4.2% in 2023 as the labour market continues to tighten. Labour shortages add to wage pressures, but are not expected to persistently push up inflation.

Annual CPI is set to peak at 4.9% in the second quarter of 2022 on the back of rising energy prices as well as upward pressures from trade disruptions and imported inflation.

Public investment will rise over the course of 2022 and 2023 reflecting planned spending increases on infrastructure and climate.

The general government deficit is projected to decline gradually to 5.4% of GDP in 2022 and 4% of GDP in 2023.

The projection is surrounded by risks. Lingering public health concerns and higher-than-expected goods and energy prices could weigh on consumption.

A prolonged period of acute supply and labour shortages could slow down the recovery by forcing firms into a more permanent reduction in their operating capacity.

Higher inflation expectations could lead to an earlier-than-expected increase of the policy rate.

A worsening trade relationship with the European Union could also weigh on the economic outlook in the medium term.

Upside risks include a faster-than-expected relocation of workers from the ended furlough scheme into available job vacancies.

(All bold above is mine.)

So, the forecast covers the UK economy in 2021 - 23. The 9.9% contraction in 2020 was therefore excluded from the narrative, leaving the baseline as an economy already 9.9% down on 2019. By 2019 the economy had barely recovered to the level of GDP prior to the 2008 economic crash, and before then had been gently declining following the 2016 referendum, so was hardly at its best.

But, just look at the identified risks. This is the "fine print" that the DM never reports when it thinks it has a readership heartening good news story. The OECD forecast, rightly, has more holes in it than a colander. It is very clear about them, and the uncertainties they bring.

So yes, the forecast is moderately encouraging, but that increase in GDP is now under threat from the (unmentioned) Omicron variant and its potential future repercussions.

This is no "with one bound we were free" story, IMO, as the DM presents it - presumably in the hope that all the Daves in the country will just bask in the reported sunshine and look no further.

Archived