Snakey is no different to......

Guest pelmetman

malc d - 2021-12-05 2:07 PM

I don't agree that Starmer is being " slagged off "

I was going by the thread title calling him 'Snakey'

(Used to be 'Queer Stammer', but maybe the OP has finally realised Starmer doesn't stammer and Johnson does?)

John52 - 2021-12-05 5:50 PM

You have to remember that the thread title was written by Dave, who is unable to argue his case with ANYONE, so has to revert to name calling.

At least he hasn't tried to support Johnson much lately.

Maybe he is composing a list of Johnsons best qualities - and is stuck for his first one ?

;-)

malc d - 2021-12-05 6:05 PM

John52 - 2021-12-05 5:50 PM

You have to remember that the thread title was written by Dave, who is unable to argue his case with ANYONE, so has to revert to name calling.

At least he hasn't tried to support Johnson much lately.

Maybe he is composing a list of Johnsons best qualities - and is stuck for his first one ?

;-)

Lying.......Adultery......knocking up your girlfriends daughter, then telling her to get an abortion.........conning people.......plundering the country to dish out £ millions to his chums.

That's just a few to start with.

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2021-12-05 10:05 AM

pelmetman - 2021-12-05 8:47 AM

malc d - 2021-12-04 8:28 PM

Bulletguy - 2021-12-04 6:50 PM

malc d - 2021-12-04 4:04 PM

Brian Kirby - 2021-12-04 1:12 PM

pelmetman - 2021-12-03 7:35 PM........................

You Whiners forget........... Boris is a Winner ;-) .........

That's what Cameron thought he was, until he wasn't! Don't hold yer breath!! (lol) (lol)

I'm afraid to say that I have to agree with Dave, at the moment.

Current score in Westminster :

Boris Johnson 5 - Honesty and integrity in Parliament 0

:-(

Thatcher was once there and her fall from grace was swift and spectacular, not to mention her own that brought her down in the end. She was possibly the most reviled PM in history but I think that accolade now goes to Johnson....

" The most reviled PM in history " ????

I've seen no evidence of that - most of the people that I spoken to just think he's a joke.

:-|

p.s. Maybe I just don't meet enough people these days.

Or maybe the Gobby LOSER Brigade are drowning out the silent majority? ;-) ..........

The " silent majority " may be too embarrassed to admit they support Johnson.

You, yourself, very rarely defend Johnson - when he is criticised you answer by attacking someone else.

:-|

I don't need to defend Boris ;-) ..........

He's doing a excellent job, considering what he's had to put up with from the "Sore" LOSER Brigade B-) .......

It's curious though that you, yourself, think should be able to attack Boris and not get a response? :-S .......

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2021-12-05 11:50 AM

I've seen no evidence of that - most of the people that I spoken to just think he's a joke. :-|

Or maybe the Gobby LOSER Brigade are drowning out the silent majority? ;-) ..........

Could be, Dave, could be, but maybe that's because they really think he's the second most reviled PM in history.

Bias is impossible to eliminate, but the judgements being advanced on here show very clear political bias when compared to the (supposedly - but are there really any?) more balanced sources here: https://tinyurl.com/bddjn8kh It's too early to judge Johnson, really, but have a look in any case for various views on who was best, and who worst.

Seems Eden (by a country mile), Brown and Cameron get the majority of the brickbats, while Thatcher, Attlee, and Churchill emerge as most popular - depending, of course, on who you ask. :-D It's a good game, and allows you to see where your own views place you on the political spectrum. Enjoy!! :-D

WHAT!........No mention of BLAIR? 8-) .............

Seems to me you can white wash your memory banks much easier than me *-) ..........

Perhaps that explains why your bias is so Remoaner centric >:-) ........

pelmetman - 2021-12-05 7:41 PM

..........., while Thatcher, Attlee, and Churchill emerge as most popular -

Well spotted Dave.

Brian should have included Blair because he was so popular that he won three elections.

;-)

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2021-12-05 8:25 PM

..........., while Thatcher, Attlee, and Churchill emerge as most popular -

Well spotted Dave.

Brian should have included Blair because he was so popular that he won three elections.

;-)

Which he won by pretending to be a Tory >:-) ........

I doubt the Brexit voting electorate will make that mistake again (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

John52 - 2021-12-05 11:14 PM

pelmetman - 2021-12-05 8:40 PM

Which (Bliar) won by pretending to be a Tory >:-) ........

Did Bliar win the leadership contest for the Labour party by pretending to be a Tory *-)

No he got it by making a promise to Gordon Brown, and then breaking it, so a lot in common with Starmer!

And doing a deal with Murdoch helped.

Bulletguy - 2021-12-03 3:57 PM

Brian Kirby - 2021-12-03 11:54 AM

pelmetman - 2021-12-02 7:59 PM

His acolytes on here *-) ..........

"For over 18 months, I have studied Sir Keir Starmer at close quarters and have reached the opinion he is an unconscionable bore."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/henry-deedes-sees-keir-starmer-bore-at-pmqs/ar-AARmGxq

I confess I struggle sometimes to decide who is the most tedious of LOSER bores :-| ........

......However, being, in the opinion of Henry Deedes, a bore, is hardly the worst condemnation he could suffer. He seems to be a bit of a chip off the Johnson block, full of journalistic flourishes, but never done a proper job.

I'm surprised Brian. You seem to have overlooked the fact Starmer is a qualified barrister and went on to become DPP at the CPS, so when it comes to actual meaningful work as in "a proper job", idler Johnson comes nowhere remotely close.

No, no, no, Paul. Deedes, not Starmer!! :-D

I've seen no evidence of that - most of the people that I spoken to just think he's a joke. :-|

Could be, Dave, could be, but maybe that's because they really think he's the second most reviled PM in history.

Bias is impossible to eliminate, but the judgements being advanced on here show very clear political bias when compared to the (supposedly - but are there really any?) more balanced sources here: https://tinyurl.com/bddjn8kh It's too early to judge Johnson, really, but have a look in any case for various views on who was best, and who worst.

Seems Eden (by a country mile), Brown and Cameron get the majority of the brickbats, while Thatcher, Attlee, and Churchill emerge as most popular - depending, of course, on who you ask. :-D It's a good game, and allows you to see where your own views place you on the political spectrum. Enjoy!! :-D

Seems to me you can white wash your memory banks much easier than me *-) ..........

Sorry, link didn't work. Try this instead: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_rankings_of_prime_ministers_of_the_United_Kingdom

Yes, as you can now see, if you bother looking, Blair does appear, but I selected only those who most frequently appear in the top three, and bottom three, rankings.

Who you think was worst, depends on where you stand on the political spectrum. Hence Paul thinks Thatcher the most reviled ever, while the balance of opinion places her within the top three. And you seem to think Blair should be among the bottom 3, whereas he appears in a variety of places according to who is doing the ratings. Says all, really, doesn't it? To me, both were Curate's eggs - good in parts! :-D

John52 - 2021-12-06 7:25 AM

If they wanted a Tory why didn't they vote for the Tory party?

But you don't, do you. You vote for your MP, who happens to be a member of this, or that, party. Plainly, people didn't want that many Tory MPs, so voted for others. Labour got the most MPs, so Blair became PM. He was to the right of the Labour party, so represents a more centrist view.

If you want an extreme left winger, put on up and see how they fare in the next election. Then ask yourself why that was.

Same for the extreme right. Extremists exist on both sides, but neither can accept that they are, basically, unelectable - because the majority of voters are put off by their extremism. That, IMO, is a good thing.

Brian Kirby - 2021-12-06 12:39 PM

John52 - 2021-12-06 7:25 AM

If they wanted a Tory why didn't they vote for the Tory party?

But you don't, do you. You vote for your MP, who happens to be a member of this, or that, party.

Really?

Look at North Shropshire

They'd vote for a turd as long as it had a blue rosette :-S

Brian Kirby - 2021-12-06 12:24 PM

Bulletguy - 2021-12-03 3:57 PM

Brian Kirby - 2021-12-03 11:54 AM

pelmetman - 2021-12-02 7:59 PM

His acolytes on here *-) ..........

"For over 18 months, I have studied Sir Keir Starmer at close quarters and have reached the opinion he is an unconscionable bore."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/henry-deedes-sees-keir-starmer-bore-at-pmqs/ar-AARmGxq

I confess I struggle sometimes to decide who is the most tedious of LOSER bores :-| ........

......However, being, in the opinion of Henry Deedes, a bore, is hardly the worst condemnation he could suffer. He seems to be a bit of a chip off the Johnson block, full of journalistic flourishes, but never done a proper job.

I'm surprised Brian. You seem to have overlooked the fact Starmer is a qualified barrister and went on to become DPP at the CPS, so when it comes to actual meaningful work as in "a proper job", idler Johnson comes nowhere remotely close.

No, no, no, Paul. Deedes, not Starmer!! :-D

Ah.....I did wonder! (lol)

Brian Kirby - 2021-12-06 12:31 PM

Who you think was worst, depends on where you stand on the political spectrum. Hence Paul thinks Thatcher the most reviled ever, while the balance of opinion places her within the top three. And you seem to think Blair should be among the bottom 3, whereas he appears in a variety of places according to who is doing the ratings. Says all, really, doesn't it? To me, both were Curate's eggs - good in parts! :-D

I remember when Thatcher died many people were joyful and celebrated by singing a somewhat crude song even I felt uneasy about. I can't recall the same joyous delight at any other former PM's passing, only respect. But that to me was, and still is, indicative of the degree people reviled Thatcher. I think that feeling will move toward Johnson.

Bulletguy - 2021-12-06 1:36 PM

I remember when Thatcher died many people were joyful and celebrated by singing a somewhat crude song even I felt uneasy about. I can't recall the same joyous delight at any other former PM's passing, only respect. But that to me was, and still is, indicative of the degree people reviled Thatcher. I think that feeling will move toward Johnson.

Yes, Paul, I know. She was perhaps the ultimate "Marmite" PM. Generally, people either loved her, or loathed her. All I would add to your comment above, is that it indicated the degree to which some people reviled her. Others still pretty much worship her.

I think she tended to see things in black and white, and was impatient with anything what looked, to her, grey. Life, OTOH, as I see it, is a spectrum of greys, and her desire for clear answers, expressed in brief statements, led to a number of policies that resulted in "babies being thrown out with their bathwater". Sure the babies needed a bath, but not complete disposal!

We're still living with the legacies of those "private good, public bad", policies. In some cases, fine, but not all cases. For example, I suspect the legacy of that attitude underlies the reason it has taken so long to sort out the mayhem from Arwen, and is at least partially responsible for there being such fragility within the electricity distribution networks. Private companies invariably cut corners in pursuit of reduced costs, because reduced costs favour profitability - until, of course, Arwen arrives and you realise you've overdone the cost (i.e. maintenance) reductions!

Brian Kirby - 2021-12-06 2:45 PM

Bulletguy - 2021-12-06 1:36 PM

Yes, Paul, I know. She was perhaps the ultimate "Marmite" PM. Generally, people either loved her, or loathed her. All I would add to your comment above, is that it indicated the degree to which some people reviled her. Others still pretty much worship her.

I think she tended to see things in black and white, and was impatient with anything what looked, to her, grey. Life, OTOH, as I see it, is a spectrum of greys, and her desire for clear answers, expressed in brief statements, led to a number of policies that resulted in "babies being thrown out with their bathwater". Sure the babies needed a bath, but not complete disposal!

We're still living with the legacies of those "private good, public bad", policies. In some cases, fine, but not all cases. For example, I suspect the legacy of that attitude underlies the reason it has taken so long to sort out the mayhem from Arwen, and is at least partially responsible for there being such fragility within the electricity distribution networks. Private companies invariably cut corners in pursuit of reduced costs, because reduced costs favour profitability - until, of course, Arwen arrives and you realise you've overdone the cost (i.e. maintenance) reductions!

She did a lot of damage to the country in pursuit of her personal gain, specifically with the miners dispute which was clearly more about her personal battle with Scargill than the miners which was so bitter, it's still felt today in some areas. Scargills predictions about her shutting down the industry was proved right but I never understood why he didn't ballot the NUM members on strike action because he would certainly have got a massive majority vote in favour. That was Scargills big mistake....totally stupid and unnecessary.

Her children turned out opposite sides of the coin. I met Mark when he was trying to be a racing driver. He never made it because he was no good but he came over as an obnoxious snob. Carol OTOH seems polar opposite, not just to her brother but also her mother. I don't think she even shared her mothers political views. I remember watching a documentary she was involved in about the Falklands. She visited a pub where a number of military had gathered and as she walked in, officers were doffing their caps fawning over her but she just marched straight past them up to the bar where she joined a group of squaddies with a pint! She went from the Falklands to visit Argentina where she met widows of those that had lost their lives in the war. I admired her for that.

Archived