Operation Dog's Dinner

John52

Gremlin - 2022-01-20 9:31 AM

But then there is a surprise - circa 80% of those in the camps said the wanted to come to the U.K. as France did not make them welcome.

So they think Britain will

And maybe, on a perverse way, the UK Government does.

Immigrants drive down wages, drive up property prices, and make a convenient scapegoat to get the working classes falling out amongst themsaelves - same old Tory divide and rule.

All of which seems to suit the Government, which of course they deny.

So they have long treated illegal immigration oin a half hearted manner.

But the problem they have now is they can no longer blame it on the EU - and need to cover it up.

The last thing they want is pictures in the media of thousands of immigrants arriving.

So Operation Dogs Dinner can bring them in on Navy Ships where our cameras cannot go wothout their permission.

Official Secrets Act etc

...(The one that stops Prince Andrews Servants being able to say where he was, and stops the police from searching his properties like they would ours https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/mar/25/revealed-police-barred-from-searching-queens-estates-for-looted-artefacts )

Threats and intimidation;

(would you trust this Government not to abuse identity cards)

'

Tory MP accuses No 10 of using blackmail against colleagues undermining Johnson, and urges victims to go to police

William Wragg, the Conservative chair of the Commons public administration and constitutional affairs committee, has accused the government of trying to “blackmail” MPs pushing for a confidence vote in Boris Johnson. He made the claim in an opening statement at the start of this morning’s committee hearing. Wragg, of course, is one of the few Conservative who has publicly called for Johnson to go.

Here is the statement in full.

In recent days a number of members of parliament have faced pressures and intimidation from members of the government because of their declared or assumed desire for a vote of confidence in the party leadership of the prime minister.

It is of course the duty of the government whip’s office to secure the government’s business in the House of Commons.

However it is not their function to breach the ministerial code in threatening to withdraw investments from members of parliament’s constituencies which are funded from the public purse.

Additionally, reports to me and others of members of staff at No 10 Downing Street, special advisers, government ministers and others encouraging the publication of stories in the press seeking to embarrass those who they suspect of lacking confidence in the prime minister is simply unacceptable.

The intimidation of a member of parliament is a serious matter. Moreover, the reports of which I’m aware would seem to constitute blackmail. As such, it would be my general advice to colleagues report these matters to the Speaker of the House of Commons and the commissioner of the Metropolitan Police, and they’re also welcome to contact me at any time.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2022/jan/20/boris-johnson-conservatives-tory-labour-latest-updates?filterKeyEvents=false&page=with:block-61e933e18f08df4c489a675c#block-61e933e18f08df4c489a675c

William Wragg, the Conservative chair of the Commons public administration and constitutional affairs committee, has accused the government of trying to “blackmail” MPs pushing for a confidence vote in Boris Johnson. He made the claim in an opening statement at the start of this morning’s committee hearing. Wragg, of course, is one of the few Conservative who has publicly called for Johnson to go.

Here is the statement in full.

In recent days a number of members of parliament have faced pressures and intimidation from members of the government because of their declared or assumed desire for a vote of confidence in the party leadership of the prime minister.

It is of course the duty of the government whip’s office to secure the government’s business in the House of Commons.

However it is not their function to breach the ministerial code in threatening to withdraw investments from members of parliament’s constituencies which are funded from the public purse.

Additionally, reports to me and others of members of staff at No 10 Downing Street, special advisers, government ministers and others encouraging the publication of stories in the press seeking to embarrass those who they suspect of lacking confidence in the prime minister is simply unacceptable.

The intimidation of a member of parliament is a serious matter. Moreover, the reports of which I’m aware would seem to constitute blackmail. As such, it would be my general advice to colleagues report these matters to the Speaker of the House of Commons and the commissioner of the Metropolitan Police, and they’re also welcome to contact me at any time.

Wragg also asked Steve Barclay, the Cabinet Office minister, to ensure his concerns about this were passed on to the government. Barclay said he would.

pelmetman - 2022-01-20 9:14 AM

Barryd999 - 2022-01-19 3:18 PM

pelmetman - 2022-01-19 3:02 PM

Barryd999 - 2022-01-19 10:07 AM

pelmetman - 2022-01-19 9:43 AM

John52 - 2022-01-19 8:37 AM

But we can't send illegral migrants back to France because we are no longer in the EU.

So how many did we send back before we left? *-) ...........

Keep on chomping on the Winalot :D ........

Coz your Lot are never gonna Win (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

We did indeed send a fair few back to France before we left the EU, we have been here before but this was before Brexit and before the massive influx we have seen since we left and the French have been controlling our borders for us. So we dont know how many we could have sent back post Brexit. Thousands probably. One things for sure its zero now. Another Brexit benefit eh?

HOW MANY DID WE SEND BACK?.........back up your claim Barry Bullsh1t >:-) .........

We have had this before several times. It was generally a few hundred each year, It was 231 in 2019 before Brexit but since then of course thousands have started paddling here so like I said who knows how many they could have sent back since we left the EU?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-53734793

Either way like I said, we cant send any back now under that agreement so as I also said, another Brexit benefit eh? (lol)

231......is that all? 8-) ...........

Looks like your much vaunted Dublin agreement isn't worth the ink *-) ..........

LOL! But there are thousands coming now because they know they cant be sent back! How else can you explain the huge increase in crossings since we left the Dublin Agreement? One things for sure we cant send any back now.

Gremlin - 2022-01-20 12:58 PM

John52 - 2022-01-20 10:11 AM

Gremlin - 2022-01-20 8:14 AM

I find it a huge frustration that certain political parties have been so adamant that things like identity cards and laws to control who can work in the U.K. are a bad idea.

The problem with ID cards is you need to be able to trust the Government not to abuse them.

But at the head of the government we have Johnson - a compulsive liar, who goes back on agreements as soon as he has signed them, and with friends who contact him for the address of a respectable investigative journalist so they can have him beaten up.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/video/2013/mar/24/boris-johnson-accused-nasty-video?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

So do you really want the likes of Johnson to know where you are >:-(

With us all chatting on line do you really think nobody knows where you are?

I don’t have an issue with showing my Driving Licence or a passport as ID. But the point is, our job market has allowed individuals to work without proper checks.

Then, you are quite correct here - people like May totally screws up the introduction of “checks” and we get the truly dreadful Windrush Scandal.

So no - I don’t trust politicians of any sort - but I would add that I read an analysis some time ago that the record for the introduction of restricted personal freedoms and authoritarian controls is currently held by Left Wing regimes.

But I do not believe the French ID card provides any more control over its population than does a Driving Licence.

No one can work legitimately, paid through the "books", without ID. The black economy is based on people being paid cash. So having a ID card in such circumstances would change nothing, unscrupulous employers would not ask to see one.

The bottom line is that ID cards dissuade people, normally those marginalised in society, from voting - and that is what is intended.

If its that easy they could find the journalist themselves.

So why do crooks go to Johnson to get the address of a respectable Journalist to have beaten up?

Gremlin - 2022-01-20 8:29 AM

Brian Kirby - 2022-01-19 7:01 PM

Gremlin - 2022-01-19 8:58 AM.......................

1 So these poor people end up living in camps, under canvas, in all weathers trying to get to the U.K..

2 A country that according to some - is less attractive now outside of the EU and made a huge mistake by leaving.

3 How strange

1 True, because from a distance they see the UK, and are encouraged by those who hope to make money from them to do so, as Eldorado. In addition, most have a smattering of English, while few speak any of the other European languages. The bit that no-one explains to them is that although the UK is indeed rich on paper, its individual inhabitants are not as rich as our comparative GDP makes us look. No-one tells them how expensive a country this is to live in, how low their pay is likely to be if they gain employment, and how expensive and scarce decent (or even poor) housing is. So, they are duped by the hype, and the willingness of the smugglers to exploit their innocence. That is easy to understand.

2 Those who say the UK is a less attractive destination now it is outside the EU are not speaking of its attraction for those whose own countries are gripped by famine, corruption, endemic poverty, and widespread civil unrest. Whatever their motivation, they still come in the hope they will find security, employment, peace, and relative prosperity. Many, IMO, are destined to disappointment, leading them to wonder why they incurred such huge risk and debt to get here. Our government, for obvious reasons, is loth to launch a major campaign to disabuse them.

3 So you are right, if you look no deeper it will appear strange, but that strangeness has nothing to do with Brexit - which is why they came before Brexit, and continue to arrive. Reputations, reputations, eh?

1 You conveniently “miss” my point - why, when EU law requires the Country of entry to process an arriving refugee, does the EU then allow these poor people to travel right across the EU to end up in those camps on the North French Coast?

2 I totally agree that where these poor people originate from are places that any of us would want to flee from.

3 But if I landed in Greece, Spain or France - why would I and my family not want to stay there?

4 Part of the reason is that we make it too easy via our Black Economy - I except that and have thought for some time that the Authoritarian Rules that EU Countries use to restrict migration, whilst not being palatable to many here in the U.K. (myself included) does give the EU countries the ability to reduce the “attractiveness” of that country to outsiders.

1 I did not miss your point, but I think the basis of your point is incorrect. Present EU migrant policy is a mess, and insofar as I can determine, what is currently in place does not require the country of entry to do more than "process" them. That is to say, to verify their details, fingerprint them, and provide them with temporary accommodation and feed them as refugees.

2 Noted.

3 This is where I think the problem lies. First, there is still no agreement between the member states over how arriving migrants should be shared between them, with the "Visegrad" states refusing to take any. Bluntly, no-one actively "wants" them, any more then the UK "wants" them.

Second, the states/regions in which most arrive as migrants, are among the poorer states/regions of the EU.

Third, there is resistance to the idea of the wealthier states subsidising the less wealthy to house them.

Fourth, the forced distribution of migrants against their wills (reasonably, IMO) would fall foul of EU legislation.

So, the migrants tend to get up and carry on walking toward the states they find the most attractive - logically, the wealthier states. Language clearly plays a role here, as most of the migrants seem to have some English, but few have any knowledge of, or familiarity with, any of the other European languages.

So, your migrants arriving in Greece, Spain, or France (or Italy) will first hit a language barrier that reduces their worth in the local labour markets, while quite logically reasoning that they could get better employment with less disadvantage in a country whose language that, to at least some extent, know. So, as above, they up and go.

Brian Kirby - 2022-01-23 6:38 PM

most of the migrants seem to have some English.

Yes thats the American influence isn't it - movies and pop music etc

And, as you say, England looks wealthy on paper so it must be a real shock wnen they get here and find millions of people - including some with full time jobs - sharing tiny slums and begging for handouts from charity food banks :-(

My impression is England's GDP figure is inflated by high property rents and cost of living. Things like parking that are free in other countries, and expensive in England, higher public transport fares etc, actually add to Englands GDP figure - but actually make most people poorer.

Englands claimed GDP figure is about as absurd as its employment statistics - but politicians keep quoting it because it makes them look good.

John52 - 2022-01-20 2:21 PM

If its that easy they could find the journalist themselves.

So why do crooks go to Johnson to get the address of a respectable Journalist to have beaten up?

Gremlin?

I'm not trying to stay hidden.

Like I would be if I was an investigative journalist investigating one of Johnson's crooked cronies like Darius Guppy.

In which case I would rather not allow Johnson to track my movements with an identity card so he could tell Guppy's hit man where to find me. >:-(

Then who would investigate Johnson & his Cronies?

Certainly not the Metropolitan Police who saw nothing of his parties whilst they were there,

or even on their CCTV >:-(

Archived