Anyone know where to buy these connectors

danismith

It is a gas canister connector/valve with an output 3/8th inch right hand clockwise tightened thread and the input is an EN417

I saw a few similar that appear to be made in italy but I am yet to find one with the right hand thread as i have in my hand.

been searching for months.

gas1.jpg.29b74fb4c52915b2ecf0162ffc3ca514.jpg

gas2.jpg.08a73cee99a8249c41a6a8808a6d6c66.jpg

gas3.jpg.cd13ee0d8e3cf0c19cdd78347e00bb2f.jpg

danismith

Welcome to the Out&AboutLive forums.

It would be helpful to know what the fitting you are seeking is used for, as there are fittings somewhat similar that go between a resealable gas canister (eg. a Campingaz CV470) and a regulator, cooking burner unit or lantern.

(As you've said, there's nothing online that matches the thing in your photos...)

I am Italian and never seen on of them.

Italian bottles require a counterclockwise fitting bolt.

As Derek said, it seems an adapter for Campingaz disposablee small bottles.

Not the big ones, they have a different fitting (see for instance https://camping-life.it/fornelli-forni-e-barbecue-rubinetto-adattatore-campingaz-italia.1.8.194.gp.887.uw )

Question: what do you need it for ?

Max

mtravel - 2022-02-28 2:09 PM

Question: what do you need it for ?

Max

It appears to be not only an adapter but a tap and looks designed to shut off gas flow from the supplying bottle.

I had a similar looking adapter/tap which fitted a large camping gaz botlle one side and a calor gas bottle the other side.

It would have allowed me to use a camping gas bottle as a back up to a calor gas system back in the day of bottle fitted regulators (or possibly vice versa?) but I don't recall how I came by it or ever using it!

The attached image is of the gas-valve fitting used with a "Primus" camping stove and goes between a small gas canister and the stove's burner-unit. The gas-canister connection is the Lindal B188 type (sometimes referred to erroneously as EN417) but it's anybody's guess what the specification of the threaded burner connection is.

I don't think this enquiry has anything to do with motorhomes and danismith's IP address points to a location in Germany.

If there's no feedback soon from danismith I shall delete the thread.

97467671_Primusstove.png.aba8b3a20a5b8463007e472102b7ec2b.png

Derek Uzzell - 2022-03-02 2:46 PM

If there's no feedback soon from danismith I shall delete the thread.

Derek, I honestly don't see a reason to delete a topic that's just a couple of days old.

Among other things, the IP address may come from Germany but smith, unlike schmidt or schmitz, seems to me an Anglo-Saxon surname.

Danismith's forum registration was on February 28 2022 at 11:31AM and this thread's original posting was made at 1.25PM.

There was a reply from Ninian at 12.55PM with a 'Welcome' follow-up from me at 1.40PM asking for more details. You commented at 2.09PM and Tracker at 2.27PM. So, within 4 hours of posting an enquiry, Danismith had 4 replies. It's now the afternoon of 2 March and there's still no response from Danismith.

I wasn't suggesting that Danismith was German, merely saying that his/her IP address pointed to a German location (Frankfurt). And when I said that if there was no response from Danismith "soon" I would delete the thread, I didn't mean "soon" to be taken as 'within the next few hours'. If there's no Danismith feedback by Sunday 6 March I'll transfer the thread to the Admin Quarantine forum where it can linger in Limbo, but be revived if Danismith so wishes.

Derek,

Just leave this thread here and it will soon drop off the first page but still be there in case either Danismith reappears or someone else can find a source for this elusive adaptor which may then help someone else in the future.

Keith.

Keithl - 2022-03-02 3:52 PM

I agree but leave it alone and it will soon fall off the first page and into oblivion!

I agree with Keith. The forum is for information on tap for all and any users as and when required.

It might take a bit of searching to locate if and when required but no more so than many other questions that remain in the dark depths of an uncharted and unindexed forum archive.

Archived