Symbols & numbers appearing on multifunction display - Peugeot 307

_Chris

Not strictly motorhome matters but I'm hoping that someone will know the answer.

We recently bought a 2005 Peugeot 307 diesel for the wife and some stuff has started to appear on the multi-function display. The date usually appears but it's been replaced with a | with a diamond on top followed by >> 769M. Now it's saying >> 773M after my (far) better half has driven it this morning.

Any ideas?

File too big. I'm in a hurry now so I'll post it later

Thanks, it's a bit puzzling because when the ignition is switched on it shows the spanner symbol on the instument cluster and 5750 which I take to mean 5750 miles to the next service, then it displays the oil level and finally the total mileage and trip.

I do have a user manual but, annoyingly, it doesn't mention that symbol.

I've attached the image for completeness.

multi_function_display.JPG.9bd59ab251ff2948680b3331090b8c14.JPG

Just tried the online handbooks link but my 'monochrome screen B' that's shown in my handbook doesn't seem to appear in the online ones.

I'll call by what used to be our local Peugeot dealer (now Suzuki) it's only a couple of miles down the road.

Thanks Keith, I couldn't find it. But why has it just started appearing and how can I clear it so that it shows the date like it used to?

When I press the left button it does clear to show the date but then after a few seconds it appears again

Archived