NHS Dentists

John52

Gremlin - 2022-08-12 11:16 AM

malc d - 2022-08-12 9:57 AM

Mikey - 2022-08-11 11:00 PM

Can you therefore explain why Westminster is so desperate not to allow Scotland an Independence Ref. ..........

Because the fact that Scotland wants to leave is a sign of failure of the " U.K. " ( i.e. London ) government to keep the U.K. united.

:-|

Agreed - much the same as the failure of the EU to keep the EU “united” when all the EU wanted from us is to fund their lavish projects.

As soon a Westminster realises that without England propping up Scotland financially it’s basically a “failed state” - the better.

We missed out on a lot of EU funding because the Westminster government insists on privatising everything - and the EU won't dish out public money to private companies like the Westminster Government does.

Gremlin - 2022-08-12 9:53 AM

We pay BUPA £26 a month for a family policy.

DEFINITELY WORTH A BUMP!!!

We don't need to because we get good NHS treatment (for lower fees than you would pay if you could get NHS treatment)

PS: But if you want to go private the fees are lower in Scotland - the same providers charge less at their Scottish clinics than their English ones. Why? I dunno. I suppose they have to because we could get it on the NHS.

John52 - 2022-08-09 10:41 AM

colin - 2022-05-01 4:50 PM

I've had to have two urgent visits to my NHS dentist in the last 12 months, seen within couple days even though I have told them 'it doesn't hurt', follow up appointments for x ray, fillings, and descale within couple of weeks.

Well you seem to be in the minority, wheras 95% of people in Scotland are registered with an NHS dentist.

And you will have been charged more than you would in Scotland.

Gf and myself have been 'pestered' recently by our NHS dentist to go for a 6 month check up.

In gf's case this is due to medicines she has had to take recently, not sure why I got the call, maybe I'm still on their books as a 'vulnerable' person?

Gremlin - 2022-08-12 12:27 PM

John52 - 2022-08-12 12:00 PM

Gremlin - 2022-08-12 11:16 AM

malc d - 2022-08-12 9:57 AM

Mikey - 2022-08-11 11:00 PM

Can you therefore explain why Westminster is so desperate not to allow Scotland an Independence Ref. ..........

Because the fact that Scotland wants to leave is a sign of failure of the " U.K. " ( i.e. London ) government to keep the U.K. united.

:-|

Agreed - much the same as the failure of the EU to keep the EU “united” when all the EU wanted from us is to fund their lavish projects.

As soon a Westminster realises that without England propping up Scotland financially it’s basically a “failed state” - the better.

We missed out on a lot of EU funding because the Westminster government insists on privatising everything - and the EU won't dish out public money to private companies like the Westminster Government does.

So only failing state run ventures get EU funding……

That explains a lot of “Scottish” thinking……

“So we will run everything thing from central government, make a total muck up of it, as per usual, and Westminster or the EU will bail us out”

Yes - that’s Scottish SNP thinking alright.

Apparently its necessary to point out the SNP want independence from Westminster - which means no more money from Westminster.

Gremlin - 2022-08-12 12:32 PM

John52 - 2022-08-12 12:06 PM

Gremlin - 2022-08-12 9:53 AM

We pay BUPA £26 a month for a family policy.

DEFINITELY WORTH A BUMP!!!

We don't need to because we get good NHS treatment (for lower fees than you would pay if you could get NHS treatment)

PS: But if you want to go private the fees are lower in Scotland - the same providers charge less at their Scottish clinics than their English ones. Why? I dunno. I suppose they have to because we could get it on the NHS.

Brilliant!!

Well done!!!!

All you have to do now is get the rest of your health care services to do the same and you might lose the tag of “sick man of Europe”

Doubt it because Johnson would still be giving the alcos and smackheads your money to vote for him

colin - 2022-08-12 8:45 PM

Gf and myself have been 'pestered' recently by our NHS dentist to go for a 6 month check up.

In gf's case this is due to medicines she has had to take recently, not sure why I got the call, maybe I'm still on their books as a 'vulnerable' person?

They seem to prefer you going for check ups - something to do with the way they are paid by the NHS.

Like they are paid the same amount for one filling as ten.

They strike people off their register if they don't go for check ups.

Like car servicing being an easier and better paying job than repairs

You can see whether the repairs have been done or not - but not the servicing.

For whatever reason, amlost no English dentists are taking new NHS patients on

Presumably because they will want work doing.

But I see plenty of signs outside Scottish dentists saying new NHS patients welcome.

And 95% of the population are already registered - which is probably as good as it can be.

colin - 2022-08-12 10:27 PM

And yet I read that NHS dentistry in Scotland is in dire straits, with 80% of dentists turning down new NHS patients, and the Scottish parliament being warned that NHS dentistry in Scotland is facing collapse.

Depends who you compare it with

Probably well below EU countries standards

But 95% of Scots are registered with an NHS dentist and 18% are still accepting NHS patients

Oh and NHS fees are lower than in England

So when you compare all that to England its actually pretty good...

Gremlin - 2022-08-12 10:34 PM

Give us the vote and you would get your independence

Apparently its necessary to point out again that is what we are asking for.

But its not within our power because your Prime Minister is blocking it.

So why are you ranting at me and not him?

Gremlin - 2022-08-13 10:22 AM

John52 - 2022-08-13 10:13 AM

Oh and apparently its necessary to point out that some people are born with better teeth than others.

Intellect as well I would suggest.

Yes indeed

What sort of Numpties would put up with Johnson if he wasn't sending them £250 million a week of your money (lol)

Gremlin - 2022-08-13 10:21 AM

And an equally good one is why does the SNP “Government” insist that it is a matter for Scottish Voters only?

How can they insist?

Thats a matter for Westminster, not the SNP

You should be asking your 'government' why they wn't give you a referendum on leaving the union, (or the monarchy) like they did on leaving the EU.

Especially considering how much it is costing you

Gremlin - 2022-08-13 3:50 PM

John52 - 2022-08-13 2:19 PM

Gremlin - 2022-08-13 10:22 AM

John52 - 2022-08-13 10:13 AM

Oh and apparently its necessary to point out that some people are born with better teeth than others.

Intellect as well I would suggest.

Yes indeed

What sort of Numpties would put up with Johnson if he wasn't sending them £250 million a week of your money (lol)

Do keep up

He’s resigned - another circus act is about to come on.

Is your belligerence a sign of frustration?

Doo keep up

Johnson is still PM and still sending us £250 million of your money a week.

Personally I would rather you keep your money and your government

I would cheerfully forgo the money to have her

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/aug/13/nicola-sturgeon-says-boris-johnson-disgrace-to-office-of-prime-minister

instead of Johnson

And why would she want your money either?

Its only your money thats keeping her out of power.

Going by what the both candidates were saying at the Perth hustings it would appear they will not "allow" Scotland to have a democratic vote on Independemce. Sounds like they need something from Scotland to me. Maybe people in England should be write to their MPs to insist Scotland should be "released" .

As for the lies spread in 2014 the media in Scotland are being found out regurlarly especially BBC

Mikey - 2022-08-18 4:33 PM

Maybe people in England should be write to their MPs to insist Scotland should be "released" .

As for the lies spread in 2014 the media in Scotland are being found out regurlarly especially BBC

Perhaps they would if they were told the truth about how much Northern Ireland (especially), Scotland and Wales is costing them 8-)

But the BBC is little more than a mouthpiece for the Government now. They only run stories critical of the Government after they have been run elsewhere - sometimes by Channel 4 which is why the Government want to neuter them as well >:-)

Mikey - 2022-08-18 4:33 PM

Going by what the both candidates were saying at the Perth hustings it would appear they will not "allow" Scotland to have a democratic vote on Independemce. Sounds like they need something from Scotland to me. Maybe people in England should be write to their MPs to insist Scotland should be "released" .

You and John will have a good laugh at the arrogance of Ben Habib on this YT clip.....take a listen. :-|

• 1 month later...

Comprehensive survey of dentistry by the BBC who contacted every NHS dentist in the UK

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-62253893

Contrary to Grumblin's assertions it proves NHS dentistry is far more available in Scotland .

I can only put it down to the number of EU dentists we have.

We make it clear to EU citizens we did not vote for Brexit and they are very welcome here 😀

Archived