Barryd999 - 2022-05-09 12:15 PM

Gremlin - 2022-05-09 12:00 PM

FunsterJohn - 2022-05-09 11:56 AM

John52 - 2022-05-09 12:43 PM

Gremlin - 2022-05-09 11:16 AM

Is there anybody there?

172 views to this thread so far

Does that give you a clue?

Sorry to disappoint you but I'm traveling so couldn't be bothered. It's pointless wasting my time by posting anyway, as this forum is in its death throes because of about four people who've driven away everyone else. As for the number of views, It gives me a clue that you've obviously never learned that 172 views is probably a dozen people viewing several times to see the responses to their input. The only measure of a post's popularity is the number of responses and as usual it's a handful of the usual suspects, Mainly of course because everyone else has voted with their feet.

Totally agree

A fair few of us have migrated elsewhere.

I suggest a forum with Trolls like these four is about as welcome as a fungal infection of the scrotum.

Best not to engage with it - let alone scratch it……

LOL! You are the biggest troll on here Grumbling you and FunnyJohn both burst onto here (has anyone ever seen both of you in the same place at the same time?) straight to chatterbox with the intention of "Trolling". When you both lose the argument you resort to personal insults and if you are not the same person you are clearly related.

I agree though that Chatterbollox is on the way out but its like I said, its the same everywhere. Its become increasingly impossible for all but either the most die hard Tory and Brexit supporters or in the case of the likes of Pelmet the terminally stupid to carry on supporting this regime, Brexit and of course Boris Johnson without them easily being shot down in flames so all that is left is those that appose them so most political debate has shriveled and died unless you are in your own comfort blanket group of course where you all pretend you backed the right horse which of course you are on your "other forum". (lol) I am sure Dave will be very happy there.

You keep believing that dear boy…. This from a tribe membership that criticised Brexit because they now cannot take their British food with them when they cross the channel.

If it’s the only way you can get through life - what choice do you have?

I suggest you stick with it.

Stay low

Stay on here and out of sight of the real world.

If challenged - I’ve heard people of your affliction can survive by placing fingers in your ears and singing “La La La La” repeatedly and loudly to yourself.

LOL! Are you sure you are not FunnyJohn as that is quite amusing. You seem to be under the impression that this is perhaps the only forum I (And presumably) others take part in political debate on. I cant speak for the others but I only pop in here from time to time as I have been using the forum for years so its a bit of fun to converse and chew the fat with people I have known for some time. You have no idea about my social media footprint or what organisations, parties and groups I am involved with or have been involved with.

The only people sticking their fingers in their ears and going La La La La are those that are so blinkered they still thing the Tory party is a good choice for the country and even more laughable, the shambles that is Brexit. I see what you did there though as its a well known trope used to exactly describe people like you so you thought you might throw it in there before it was used against you.

John52 - 2022-05-09 1:28 PM

Tracker - 2022-05-08 6:45 PM

Suspicions will always be aroused regarding motive when a 'dedicated', follower of MHF only comes on here to make a snide posting and throw in a less than subtle advert for his own preference.

That said he does make the very valid point that many of us think but most of us have given up on that chatterbox has been allowed to be taken over by a weird minority of whatever you want to call them.

Chatterbox in it's present format, once a place of fun and laughter as well as serious chatter, has for a long time been unfit for purpose, with members not bothering in their droves.

When I had a look yesterday at one point there were 2 people logged on - and one of them was a moderator.

How can any forum survive with such a poor following?

Seems to be a long time since you mentioned Brexit,

so I had almost forgotten you used to support Brexit as well

Which I can see is embarrasing for you

But is it necessary to shut down the whole forum to avoid reminding you?

Spoken like a true troll, never letting reality get in the way of being an unpleasant troll, very consistent in your persistent trollifications.

Never bother to quote actual words, let alone in context, on any topic when seeking to antagonise if a good general distortion will suffice.

I did not mention Brexit - you did - and my views have not changed so I see no need to hijack this thread to suit you

The good news is that shutting down the whole forum would at least stop you trolling it.

You really do need to see more clearly, so why not go to Specsavers, see if they can help you with your optical delusions.

Oh yes, of course, it's just a joke, just banter, so is this!

John52 - 2022-05-08 5:30 PM

But if the content is no good, Thats your responsibilty as much as anyone else's.

There is no better lesson than a good example.

So post something interesting or funny.

Or just regale us with your wit and charm *-)

Summat like this maybe?

Once upon a time, a long while ago, well not that long really in the history of the universe, in a galaxy far far away, well not that far really except in the minds of it's resident, there lived a lonely little troll, always unhappy, always looking to cause mischief, never capable of being positive, all in all a sad little bedraggled troll.

Bedraggled - well yes because where it dwelt, you can't call it living, the only fresh water was the persistent precipitation and the creaky leaky old bridge under which was it's home was cold, wet - and leaky.

It's favourite meals were Bull-a-leaky soup and toast, so no wonder it was so unhappy and negative. Even it's toast was soggy due to the desolate sogginess of it's soggy surroundings.

It would be kind to say there could have been a happy ending, but there is not, because apart from the odd meeting, odd as in peculiar, not as in occasional, it just carried on trolling away, annoying everyone it could without actually achieving anything - except to let everyone know how sad and pointless it's existence was.

But it did give everyone else a good laugh at it's expense, and that is priceless.

I just tried to offer a comment and was kicked out after almost being finished. I agree with the need to fix the issue with the operation of the forum before anything else.

My guess is that once contributors get back on the road after the Covid forced break the political comment will reduce as contributors will not have so much free time. Cheers,

Gremlin - 2022-05-11 6:37 AM

Tracker - 2022-05-09 6:10 PM

But if the content is no good, Thats your responsibilty as much as anyone else's.

Summat like this maybe?

Once upon a time, a long while ago, well not that long really in the history of the universe, in a galaxy far far away, well not that far really except in the minds of it's resident, there lived a lonely little troll, always unhappy, always looking to cause mischief, never capable of being positive, all in all a sad little bedraggled troll.

Bedraggled - well yes because where it dwelt, you can't call it living, the only fresh water was the persistent precipitation and the creaky leaky old bridge under which was it's home was cold, wet - and leaky.

It's favourite meals were Bull-a-leaky soup and toast, so no wonder it was so unhappy and negative. Even it's toast was soggy due to the desolate sogginess of it's soggy surroundings.

It would be kind to say there could have been a happy ending, but there is not, because apart from the odd meeting, odd as in peculiar, not as in occasional, it just carried on trolling away, annoying everyone it could without actually achieving anything - except to let everyone know how sad and pointless it's existence was.

But it did give everyone else a good laugh at it's expense, and that is priceless.

Nicely put.

In some ways the tribes ridiculous, humourless, constantly negative rants are a joy to behold.

If they are miserable and moaning….

Then all is right with the world…..

(lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

Oh please stop! My sides are hurting with laughter. Grumbling the most miserable negative and trolling poster on the forum rants about other posters being humourless and negative. (lol) You couldnt make it up. Every other thread on here is you "grumbling" on about the EU and its failures. Have you replaced Dave Pelmet? (lol) For someone who apparently voted "remain" you dont half like to bang on about the EU.

After a long, a very long, and very toast soggingly wet, rainy season, it came to pass that one day the sun shone, by mistake it is believed, on Leaky Bridge, not that the troll could see any sunshine as there was never any sunshine in it's sad existence.

But as ever in that wild unappreciated part of the world, when the sun came out so did the midgies so they had their annual jubilee celebration feast on the only midgie food available, which was of course, the shrivelled old troll, not that anyone would notice a few more lumps and bumps on it's gnarled old warty face and arms.

The troll emerged from the depths of the bridge, and the depths of despair, at the state of the world, and the midgies, about which he would or could do nothing except moan and try to poison the minds of others with his moaning, but there were no passers by to harass, not even another troll to hold a joint moaning commiseration committee meeting with, and so it wandered lonely as a clown, back down to the pit from which it had emerged.

'Oh, woe is me', said the troll, 'I have nothing, nobody loves me, not even the midgies, and the world is going to humbug in a handcart, nobody cares enough to do anything except moan - oh how I envy those normal folks in the real world who just get on with their lives, appreciating what they have and understanding how much they have to be thankful for, I do wish I could be normal like them.'

But of course he is normal, well as normal as normal ever is for a troll living in an alternative reality world, that is!

Barryd999 - 2022-05-11 10:12 AM

Summat like this maybe?

Nicely put.

In some ways the tribes ridiculous, humourless, constantly negative rants are a joy to behold.

Oh please stop! My sides are hurting with laughter. Grumbling the most miserable negative and trolling poster on the forum rants about other posters being humourless and negative. (lol) You couldnt make it up. Every other thread on here is you "grumbling" on about the EU and its failures. Have you replaced Dave Pelmet? (lol) For someone who apparently voted "remain" you dont half like to bang on about the EU.

You missed out the bit about those with time to post and criticise others for posting on here, without seeing the irony? Especially given that most of them are spending their lives posting on a motorhome forum when they don't even have a fecking motorhome!

Gremlin - 2022-05-11 1:24 PM

CurtainRaiser - 2022-05-11 12:28 PM

Barryd999 - 2022-05-11 10:12 AM

Summat like this maybe?

Nicely put.

You missed out the bit about those with time to post and criticise others for posting on here, without seeing the irony? Especially given that most of them are spending their lives posting on a motorhome forum when they don't even have a fecking motorhome!

And if it’s fecking idiots like you that have a Motorhome - then I will stick to AirBnb and EasyJet

But continue to post on a motorhome forum because your life is so full and rewarding?

PS those of us with motorhomes can still fly away on holiday - we just have more choices. Although I'm more of a British Airways man than Sleazy Jet but each to their own.

Barryd999 - 2022-05-11 1:53 PM

Oh look Grumblings pretending to be all Posh drinking over priced G&T's in Singapore. Dont tell me, White linen suite, Panama hat and tells people he's an MI6 spy. The names Grumbling, James Grumbling. (lol)

LOL He is busy living out his last days of the Raj. Seems to have forgotten that it was he who introduced Sleazy Jet as his preferred method of transport?

And whilst he is telling them of his past illustrious career perhaps he can explain why he spends all day on a motorhome forum when he doesn't have one and judging from his earlier post on here never intends to?

CurtainRaiser - 2022-05-11 12:28 PM

Especially given that most of them are spending their lives posting on a motorhome forum when they don't even have a fecking motorhome!

It would be interesting to understand the logic, if there is any logic, as to how that comment adds anything to anything - especially on a sub forum specifically non motorhome related?

The trolls leader told Sadjohn and Leadhead that if the two fought each other without killing one another, they would both be free to go, although exactly whre to remained a mystery, however, this freedom would come at a price:

If Sadjohn lost, he would have his hands cut off, while if Leadhead lost, he would have his feet cut off. And the winner would have to be the one that cut them off.

Sadjohn, being the biggest troll of all was the winner, and the two were let go. But Leadhead was understandably quite enraged, For Sadjohn had defeeted him.

PS

What do you call professional trolls?

Master baiters

A piece of rope with a knot for a head walks into a bar, the bartender says "we dont serve your kind here".

The rope walks out of the bar and unties the knot on his head.

He walks back in and the bartender asks, "are you the same rope that was in here a minute ago?"

And the rope says, "I'm a frayed knot."

Gremlin - 2022-05-11 2:15 PM

Barryd999 - 2022-05-11 1:53 PM

Oh look Grumblings pretending to be all Posh drinking over priced G&T's in Singapore. Dont tell me, White linen suite, Panama hat and tells people he's an MI6 spy. The names Grumbling, James Grumbling. (lol)

You now show everyone just how juvenile you are. You have the wit and wisdom of a teenager - “Teenagers! - please leave home now whilst you still know everything”

When it comes to pretence though - you are quite experienced I would suggest.

Armchair warrior.

LOL! You make that sound like a bad thing.

Have another Dwinkie dear boy! (lol)

809349118_Grumblingordersanotherlargeone.jpg.569a920712a2eeb9ef9b8838dc63d758.jpg

Archived