Hymer Warranty - an update after nearly a year

Paul F

Lots of folks may remember an extensive thread I started last December when I was exceedingly frustrated with how painful it had been to try and get some warranty work completed on my (at the time) 13 month old M/H. The faults were reported in two batches, initially when the van was 6 months old, and others when it was10 months old.

I thought I would start again with this update, only really to say that I finally have a date for the the last batch of work to be completed at the end of this month. It should be as good as new then!!

So that will be 10-15 months (dependant on the item), over 60 emails, dozens of phone calls and a couple of threats of legal action to get these defective items sorted out.

The full story is at the link below.

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Hymer-Warranty-not-happy-/59283/

I am out of habitation warranty in a couple of months now, and wondering if its time to jump the Hymer ship and look at another brand - or is it more likely that all the faults are now sorted and I may get several years of happy trouble free use.

Secondhand values are still strong, and I may even get back what I paid at the end of 2020. New vans are correspondingly more expensive of course and still in painfully short supply.

Decisions, decisions!!

Archived