New Health Secretary

John52

Her 'grasp of detail' was such that, as head of the DWP going on Radio to talk about Universal credit said the £20 withdrawn was about 2 hours extra work - unaware that 63p in the £ would be taken back.

Then she went on record to say that Johnson was "not aware" of "specific" allegations relating to Pincher. *-)

Couple of days later Johnson admitted he was (lol)

Her biggest success seems to be as Truss's campaign manager?

Gremlin - 2022-09-11 10:04 AM

John52 - 2022-09-11 9:50 AM

Gremlin - 2022-09-10 9:44 PM

The reality check the OP needs requires the insertion of a moral compass.

Like taking a bung from Ladbrokes and defending gambling in Parliament?

Undoubtedly stupid -

Her or you (lol)

Can't be her because you've just told me she got a Phd

Greedy & Selfish perhaps ...

• 5 weeks later...

Now Coffey claims the NHS was conceived by a Tory 🙃

In her conference speech, Coffey had the effrontery to claim the NHS originator was a Tory baronet, Sir Henry Willink, the wartime health minister involved in the Beveridge report; she says it was he “who conceived the NHS”. My thanks to Roy Lilley, health commentator extraordinare, for showing that Willink in fact opposed nationalising hospitals as he believed it would “destroy so much in this country that we value” (his party vehemently resisted the NHS). 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/oct/11/tories-fear-loathe-nhs-workers-strike

There you go again putting your own spin on the facts. She said he proposed A National Health Service, not THE National Health Service. In fact I think the first mention of a NHS was in 1910 by Dr Benjamin Moore, and by 4 or 5  other  people before 1945.If the Conservatives had won the 1945 election we would have had their version of the NHS.

Brian B.

41 minutes ago, thebishbus said:

There you go again putting your own spin on the facts. She said he proposed A National Health Service, not THE National Health Service.

Actually Brian she did say exactly that, "a Conservative MP from my home town who conceived the NHS". If anyone was 'spinning' anything it was Coffey herself who, by making that claim, should have been telling conference it's about time they began taking more care of the NHS instead of trying to destroy it!

Forward to 2min 40 sec mark;

Yes Bulletguy, what she said was right, but taken out of contexts, (as the media always does). She meant  that Henry Willink conceived ( ie imagined, thought about, considered )A National Health Service. But that was in 1940, when he proposed A National Heath Service, not that he was responsible for the National Health Service of 1948.

Brian B.

2 hours ago, thebishbus said:

Yes Bulletguy, what she said was right, but taken out of contexts, (as the media always does). She meant  that Henry Willink conceived ( ie imagined, ...

OK So I imagined giving all my money to charity

Of course I never did it

But by that logic I should still get the credit for it

... and then you accuse someone else of spinning 😂

Archived