HM Queen Elizabeth II

Tracker

I believe that I speak for almost all of us when I state the obvious and offer the Royal Family our deepest condolances at this sad time.

I have been particularly impressed by the respect and kindness shown by the Scottish and Northern Irish peoples, and I thought that the guard of honour formed by farmers with their tractors on the road from Balmoral was particularly poignant. It brought a tear yet made me smile.

The conduct of the whole nation in all of it's many roles seems to have been exemplary and it does my heart good to see decency and respect take precedence over political differences in this as yet still United Kingdom of ours.

May I wish HM King Charles III and his beloved lady wife Queen Consort Camilla a long and healthy life. I have no doubts that King Charles III will be a very fine King.

I am not in any way a religious man, but 'God save the King'.

But the BBC has no problem in concluding that everyone on the streets is 'united in grief'

Wheras, at the risk of stating the obvious, spectators stop to view the spectacle for all sorts of reasons.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/sep/15/crowd-behaviour-london-mourning-queen

I recall cycling through Edinburgh and noticing a lot of traffic congestion because roads were closed.

I could see people looking at something so stopped to look at what they were looking at, as you do.

Before I knew it we were all kettled on to the pavement behind barriers by police. Nobody seemed to know what was going on. Then a car drove past with some royal hanger on in it. A photographer took a picture and made out we were all there to support the royal hanger on 8-)

Its sad when anybody dies.

But she has had 96 years living a life of extreme luxury and the very best of medical treatment right to the end.

When we have young people dying for lack of medical treatment.

Even dying of malnutrition because their benefits have been wrongly stopped - yes really.

People receiving a letter from the DWP telling them they are 'fit for work' on the day they die from their illness.

Why aren't we having 10 days of mourning for each of them?

Archived