Problems logging in

John52

This updated site wouldn't let me log in with my username.

I wasn't sure which email addy I had used to join either

And it rejected the password I had saved.

But I have found a way round it.

Make several failed log in attempts  

Then you get an email to the email address you registered with telling you you are blocked from further attempts for 15 mins or so.

You can then use that email address to reset your password - make up another password and you can log in.

It's an all-new forum site, so all existing users will need to reset their password before logging in for the first time. it won't let you in until you have reset your password.

Then you will need to log in with the email address and password, not user name.

If you are unsure what email address is listed on your account, then contact the forum moderators and we'll check. If you don't get the password reset email, then contact the forum moderators with your user name and we'll check the email address on your account.

Thanks

Rachel 

7 hours ago, John52 said:

This updated site wouldn't let me log in with my username.

I wasn't sure which email addy I had used to join either

And it rejected the password I had saved.

But I have found a way round it.

Make several failed log in attempts  

Then you get an email to the email address you registered with telling you you are blocked from further attempts for 15 mins or so.

You can then use that email address to reset your password - make up another password and you can log in.

I had exactly the same problem tried your method with no effect, so I rejoined the forum with a new user name and my fav E Mail  address, tried posting a photo too and it worked a treat so great improvement there .

Sorry - I should have added I made the multiple failed log in attempts within a few minutes which got my account blocked for 15 minutes and then I got an email saying it was blocked for 15 minutes, so I could see what email address they had sent it to, and then I knew which e mail address I had used to sign up.  So I could use that e mail address to reset/change my password and log in.

Archived