METER READINGS

TRIGGER

I submitted our meter readings today to Southern Gas, , I had an email previously saying ,quote ""take your readings on the 30th September and then submit them before14th OCTOBER  so you will be charged the new rates  from 1st October , well I made sure they got them today so am sure they have them, I refuse to have a Smart Meter , as I hear bad reports about them, SO be sure to send your readings soonest??

2 hours ago, John52 said:

I've had 3 smart meters

They were OK until I switched suppliers, then the new supplier couldn't read them

You might have thought the Government would have specified a meter they could all read

That is how it was and so too for me but now my supplier can receive the data so problem now gone though it did take a couple of years for that to happen. So much easier now I dont have the faff of reading a meter and sending in the readings. 

I switched energy suppliers to Scottish Power some time ago as the deal they offered was damn good. Though I already had a smart meter they fitted a new one but I remember at the time the electrician had a heck of a job getting it to "read" the electricity signal. He had no problem with the gas but it took him well over an hour and many frustrated phone calls getting the electric to "read".

I don't know if I could get a better deal elsewhere....lets face it, nobody will get a "good" deal with energy suppliers now. The only reason i've stayed with them is anytime you need customer support you get straight through to someone without having to go through a silly menu of pre-recorded commands only to end up sitting in a queue listening to some dross jingle on a loop.

I was with Scottish Power, then changed to Avro, (cheaper) Then Octopus,  ( cheaper). Despite my monthly payment now more than double what is was I have stayed with Octopus as apparently they only add 5 % to their buying costs. Can't  see anyone else adding less than that.

Brian B.

Archived