Speakers crackling

Brizzy63

We have a 2009 Bessecarr on Fiat Ducato base vehicle. Our radio speakers have started crackling/popping even though radio is switched off. We never use the radio so don't need a replacement, we just need the speakers to behave. The radio is a Blaupunkt. Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Try turning on the radio when the engine is running and turning off the radio before turning off the engine.

You say you do not use the radio ?  You can always then if not using , disconnect the radio to see will this stop the noise Then disconnect the speakers, or replace. Making sure all connections are correct and good quality  to the unit and you have good ground connections 

Always make sure you have nothing plugged by chance to a USB port that also may be causing interference 

Regards 

Speakers must be getting power from somewhere.

Are you sure the radio is off?

I have a Citroen Relay that year.  Its easy to take the radio/cd out of the dashboard with the right tools - 2 U shaped bits of wire which fit in the 2 holes either side of the radio face panel to release it - then you just pull it out.  You could take the fuse out of the back to make sure its off.  Maybe also pull the plugs out of the back and re-insert them to clean the connections (they will be held in by some sort of catch)

Failing that there could be a chafed wire somewhere.  When I worked in a garage we tried to avoid taking on jobs like that because you could spend hours looking for bad connections / chafed wires, and then what could you charge for it?

After all that the crackling might stop so you think you have cured it, customer takes it out and it starts again.

Jobus bastardus 🥴

19 hours ago, Brizzy63 said:

Assuming Halfords will sell the release keys to get the radio out of the 👍

I've never bought any as they came with the radio cd - and when I bought new vans they came in the envelope with the radio/cd instructions

But you can buy them.  This is the most common type - as used for the radio/cd in my 2009 citroen relay

ebay Link to radio cd keys

Archived