Advisory ?

Spireite

I have just come back from the MOTT with a Pass for my nine year old Pilote Reference P716.

But also an advisory –

'Suspension arm pin or bush worn but not resulting in excessive movement on both Nearside and Offside Front (bottom arm rear bush)'

I think I should get it checked but do any of you mechanically minded Members consider it essential to check it or not ?

I have experienced the same differences of opinion between MOT testers.  I go to a place that only does MOTs, so they have no incentive to recommend unnecessary work.

But I have still had advisories for things like perished tyres, only for the same tyres to be passed the following years without comment.

Now I can see the same differences of opinion between forum members as I have seen between MOT testers.  With no definitive right or wrong answer.

You could get it done and the vehicle still would not be 100% safe - there is always a risk of something failing.

But the overwhelming majority of accidents are caused by driver error.  Accidents caused by vehicle faults are miniscule in comparison.

We need to look at our driving, far more than our vehicles.

Archived