Lithium Batteries

snail

Hi all, are lithium leisure batteries worth the financial outlay? Any special needs/equipement  to charge them?

We have 100 watt solar, mppt dual controler, 95 amp gel battery at the moment, under driver seat is small but seen 200amp lithium made to fit the space

Your thoughts or experience of these

Thanks

• Keithl changed the title to Lithium Batteries

There seems to be a line of thought, that unless you need to save weight, that Lead Carbon batteries perform in a reasonably comparable way at a substantially lesser cost. They appear to be capable of a deep discharge and have a much larger number of cycles than ordinary Lead and charge on the AGM setting of your vans charger.

I hasten to add that I have no technical knowledge in the field, but visit several forums daily. I am leaning towards this type of replacement for when my current AGM Lead dies. It might be worth a little investigation. Look at wildcamping.co.uk and search for Leadcarbon or posts by Wildebus whose knowledge and abilities are held in high regard.

Davy

2 hours ago, snail said:

Hi all, are lithium leisure batteries worth the financial outlay? Any special needs/equipement  to charge them?

We have 100 watt solar, mppt dual controler, 95 amp gel battery at the moment, under driver seat is small but seen 200amp lithium made to fit the space

Your thoughts or experience of these

Thanks

Impossible to say if to you they are worth the financial outlay as it depends on so many variables.  To us, we love them, and worth the outlay.

If you do a Search of the forum you will find lots of info on lithium, here's one thread for starters 

Archived