Death of Democracy

John52

Thats the headline up here

along with 'Who Voted For You?' etc

Due to the fact we have another PM without an election

But is it?

Did the (minority) who voted the Tories in vote for Johnson, or for the party of 357 Tory MPs

Perhaps I'm missing something here.  Because as far as I can see, if we say Sunak wan't elected, we have to accept that it was Johnson alone who won the 2009 election?

I look back on how one Nicola Sturgeon became party leader of the SNP in 2014 in very similar circumstances to Rishi in what was to become a one horse race and she was pronounced Queen of Scotland without a vote . "Perhaps I'm missing something here"? Good morning to everyone by the way 

6 hours ago, John52 said:

Thats the headline up here

along with 'Who Voted For You?' etc

Due to the fact we have another PM without an election

But is it?

Did the (minority) who voted the Tories in vote for Johnson, or for the party of 357 Tory MPs

Perhaps I'm missing something here.  Because as far as I can see, if we say Sunak wan't elected, we have to accept that it was Johnson alone who won the 2009 election?

Did we have an election in 2009?

I would imagine most would vote for the party - not the individual, although of course the individual may have some bearing on that decision. 

For example, I can think of many who may have voted Labour in 2019 - had it not been for that idiot Corbyn.

1 hour ago, Globebuster1 said:

For example, I can think of many who may have voted Labour in 2019 - had it not been for that idiot Corbyn.

Because the Daily Mail told them he was an idiot/terrorist/whatever.  But if you ask them which of his policies they disagree with and why you are usually met with a blank stare.

What I find just as absurd is the suggestion Sunak's appointment is undemocratic because it wasn't put to the Tory Party Membership.  A miniscule % of the electorate, possibly including fake accounts, who chose a crazy white woman over a comparatively sensible brown man.

Who, although spaffing away £billions to covid fraudsters, at least predicted the obvious what would happen with Truss's unfunded tax cuts.  And had sufficient integrity not to give Cameron the taxpayer's money he wanted for Greensill.

2 hours ago, John52 said:

Because the Daily Mail told them he was an idiot/terrorist/whatever.  But if you ask them which of his policies they disagree with and why you are usually met with a blank stare.

What I find just as absurd is the suggestion Sunak's appointment is undemocratic because it wasn't put to the Tory Party Membership.  A miniscule % of the electorate, possibly including fake accounts, who chose a crazy white woman over a comparatively sensible brown man.

Who, although spaffing away £billions to covid fraudsters, at least predicted the obvious what would happen with Truss's unfunded tax cuts.  And had sufficient integrity not to give Cameron the taxpayer's money he wanted for Greensill.

You seem to have a very low opinion of the general populace.

I think you have a misplaced superiority complex😁 - you really are a deluded and arrogant individual.

But I can understand why you are usually met with a blank stare - especially if you're heading towards a public bin with a small warm plastic bag!

Forget the policies, some people - Truss, Corbyn and quite a few others I could think of, just don't have the nous, presence or charisma to make decent leader.

2 hours ago, John52 said:

Well the Guardian tells me he has said 'the west' should stop sending arms to Ukraine as it is extending war and the citizens of Ukraine are suffering, what he fails to mention is the citizens of Ukraine don't want to be ruled by Putin, and those who fell under the Russia 'jackboot' where raped, tortured, and executed.

1 hour ago, colin said:

Well the Guardian tells me he has said 'the west' should stop sending arms to Ukraine as it is extending war and the citizens of Ukraine are suffering, what he fails to mention is the citizens of Ukraine don't want to be ruled by Putin, and those who fell under the Russia 'jackboot' where raped, tortured, and executed.

Does the Guardian the basition of left wing lies have any evidence that the "West" has sent any weapons to Russia since Putin went full on Tonto?

As no doubt they will bring up weapons fairs that involved flogging weapons to Putin, 

Archived