"We're trying".....

Bulletguy

LOL! Nice one, the Tories really should stay away from hospitals.  

Apparently it was a13 hour wait at our nearest A&E the other day and thats not unusual. 

They are achieving privatisation by stealth really.  The majority of people I know now have stuff done privately as they can no longer rely on the NHS.  

1 hour ago, Barryd999 said:

LOL! Nice one, the Tories really should stay away from hospitals.  

Apparently it was a13 hour wait at our nearest A&E the other day and thats not unusual. 

They are achieving privatisation by stealth really.  The majority of people I know now have stuff done privately as they can no longer rely on the NHS.  

Which hospital is your nearest for A&E? My daughter took my grandson to our A&E on Tuesday after a football injury and was seen straight away . 

1 hour ago, Barryd999 said:

They are achieving privatisation by stealth really. 

The majority of people I know now have stuff done privately as they can no longer rely on the NHS.  

Agree with the former, as to the latter a relative of mine whose wife was admitted to a private hospital with an aneurism, her husband took her out of their care after they'd wasted three valuable days pissing around and had her admitted to the local NHS. They saved her life but she was wheelchair bound as a result of the delay by the private hospital.

Her operation was done at the NHS hospital by a surgeon who then claimed to BUPA it was done privately. My cousins husband was livid and informed BUPA to stop the surgeon being paid out.

Have you considered getting it done in Scotland?

Private fees are lower up here because you can still get NHS treatment (because of your money Sunak sends us bribe us not to vote for independence, and maintain his empire at your expense)

'For example, a hip replacement cost £8,110 at the Spire Murrayfield in Edinburgh but £15,050 at the Spire Harpenden in Hertfordshire.'

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2020/oct/10/covid-uk-fund-own-operations-private-for-knee-hip-cataract-operations-pay

1 hour ago, John52 said:

Have you considered getting it done in Scotland?

Private fees are lower up here because you can still get NHS treatment (because of your money Sunak sends us bribe us not to vote for independence, and maintain his empire at your expense)

'For example, a hip replacement cost £8,110 at the Spire Murrayfield in Edinburgh but £15,050 at the Spire Harpenden in Hertfordshire.'

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2020/oct/10/covid-uk-fund-own-operations-private-for-knee-hip-cataract-operations-pay

Maybe the hospital in Harpenden is owned by Shell.

If so, I assume you would approve of THEM overcharging.

7 hours ago, malc d said:

Maybe the hospital in Harpenden is owned by Shell.

If so, I assume you would approve of THEM overcharging.

Spire are just following Sunak's example by overcharging in England to subsidise Scotland.

Spire wouldn't get away with charging English prices in Scotland because we can still get NHS treatment.

Personally I wish Sunak wouldn't send us your money.  Because then we would have voted to be free of Westminster Government

14 minutes ago, John52 said:

Spire are just following Sunak's example by overcharging in England to subsidise Scotland.

Spire wouldn't get away with charging English prices in Scotland because we can still get NHS treatment.

Personally I wish Sunak wouldn't send us your money.  Because then we would have voted to be free of Westminster Government

Us?

Are you a born & bred Scotsman, or a immigrant from Wigan as Funster John claims?

7 minutes ago, thebishbus said:

Best in England anyway, is to use Spire for knees, hips ,ect  but free on the NHS , free parking and short  waiting time.

Brian B. 

Thats OK if you don't mind waiting a couple of years

https://practiceplusgroup.com/news/waiting-time-for-knee-replacement-surgery-a-guide/#:~:text=NHS waiting times for knee replacement surgery&text=For orthopaedic procedures such as,patients have their procedure2.

In Scotland its guaranteed within 12 weeks

https://www.nhsinform.scot/waiting-times/about-waiting-times#:~:text=The current waiting times standards,12 week treatment time guarantee

Nope wrong again John 52. My wife waited 2 months after the initial consultation  at Spire Parkway Solihull before Covid . I had a delay because  of the Covid  restrictions but then both knees done within 4 months of each other last year.

Brian

38 minutes ago, thebishbus said:

Nope wrong again John 52. My wife waited 2 months after the initial consultation  at Spire Parkway Solihull before Covid . I had a delay because  of the Covid  restrictions but then both knees done within 4 months of each other last year.

Brian

Thanks for the heads up, I'd never heard of them before, so have just emailed them.

Archived