Replacement Ducato engine battery in Spain .

tringy

I am currently on site in Spain near Tarragona with my Autotrail 2015 Mohawk when I had an alarm on the control board to say engine battery low voltage! I checked the normal stuff like fueses ect then decided to take a look at the battery and it was almost too hot to touch . I have disconnected it now but I assume it is now had it . I have been on mains hook up for 5 weeks as we normally do. Any advice on where and what to look out for here would be appreciated.cheers Tringy 

Thanks, that’s informative but I was hoping someone might be able to me as to where I can get one in the area where we are staying.

I was also thinking about ringing my brake down provider (AA) and see what they come up with but I don’t want to be fobbed off with any rubbish battery just to get me home, has anyone gone down this route ?

Thanks for your help Witzend, I am considering all options but maybe I will get in touch with my brake down cover because it is a heavy battery and looks not so easy to get it out and if there is any issues afterwards then they can deal with it.

many thanks again.

Cheers .Tringy

I don't know if this website (similar to Tayna) will be of interest to you

https://baterias.com/gb/tarragona

They are currently advertising a Varta Silver Dynamic H3 (019) battery for around €103 - which is very cheap.

There is also a Norauto and a Feu Vert centre at Reus to the north-west of Tarragona, where you MIGHT get a reasonable quality battery for a reasonable price.

Will your motorhome actually start? If so, you could limp the vehicle to a battery supplier who may be prepared to install a replacement. If not, you'd best contact your breakdown provider and see what they advise.

Have you ascertained why the battery was so hot? If not you may well end up cooking the new one too? Sorry can't help with diagnosis as we never used EHU!

Are you able to check the electrolyte level - and top up if possible as that might just get you out of trouble temporarily enough to get it sorted?

Perhaps someone on site might be able to help you jump start?

You can disconnect and use the leisure battery to jump start if you have or can borrow, leads?

Or you can use the leisure battery as a temporary starter battery - if it fits in the space.

I believe, but I could be wrong,  that you should not run the engine without a battery in place as it could damage the alternator.

We always carried a multimeter, jump leads and a strong tow rope just in case!

Hi, in reply to your post it normally a question of price of the fix , on several occasions I have been able to sort out and fix the problems having had a so called brake down expert pin point the problem and then give me a price for the fix which has been outrageous.

in my current situation I was quoted more than twice the price for this battery from the breakdown guy but thanks to advice on this forum i was able locate a replacement for 140 euros delivered 

Archived