US Midterm Elections

B Dobson

I'm right of centre on economics and if I lived in the USA I'd be a natural Republican supporter. Nevertheless, two years ago I was praying that Biden would win and get rid of the repellent, megalomaniac conman who'd somehow managed to become the president of the USA. Afterwards, Trump's denial of the result, his encouragement of insurgence and support for Qanon and other lunatic conspiracy theories, proved that my fears about the egomaniac were correct.

However, salvation may be close as, in Ron DeSantis, we have a brilliant right-of-centre politician, who hopefully will displace Trump as the next choice for presidential candidate and consign the lunatic buffoon to the dustbin of history.

26 minutes ago, FunsterJohn said:

I'm right of centre on economics and if I lived in the USA I'd be a natural Republican supporter. Nevertheless, two years ago I was praying that Biden would win and get rid of the repellent, megalomaniac conman who'd somehow managed to become the president of the USA. Afterwards, Trump's denial of the result, his encouragement of insurgence and support for Qanon and other lunatic conspiracy theories, proved that my fears about the egomaniac were correct.

However, salvation may be close as, in Ron DeSantis, we have a brilliant right-of-centre politician, who hopefully will displace Trump as the next choice for presidential candidate and consign the lunatic buffoon to the dustbin of history.

So you don't mind POTUS Trump then is what I think your saying . If Desantis was the Republican choice over His Royal Higness then that wouldn't upset me, I like him . Desantis is fairly right wing and one or three of our valued forum members might even call him far right though i believe they think the BBC is far right n'all . Imagine a Ron Desantis/Kari Lake dream ticket . God Bless America 

15 minutes ago, B Dobson said:

So you don't mind POTUS Trump then is what I think your saying . If Desantis was the Republican choice over His Royal Higness then that wouldn't upset me, I like him . Desantis is fairly right wing and one or three of our valued forum members might even call him far right though i believe they think the BBC is far right n'all . Imagine a Ron Desantis/Kari Lake dream ticket . God Bless America 

The Guardian are calling him far right! Putting him on the same level as those European Far right loops like Salvini you support. 

Still, Trump is very upset and Funny Johns post was brilliant and for once, actually funny so thats good enough for me. 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/nov/10/trump-paved-ron-desantiss-way-now-apprentice-has-turned-on-master

6 minutes ago, Barryd999 said:

The Guardian are calling him far right! Putting him on the same level as those European Far right loops like Salvini you support.

Salvini, brrr.

Populist, protector of tax evaders, friend of Putin and his money.

He doesn't want Africans but he didn't hesitate to invest the party's money (from public funding) in Tanzanian diamonds.

Not to mention the party founder (Bossi), convicted of fraud and then pardoned (in my opinion unfairly) by the President of the Republic.

44 minutes ago, Barryd999 said:

Still, Trump is very upset and Funny Johns post was brilliant and for once, actually funny so thats good enough for me. 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/nov/10/trump-paved-ron-desantiss-way-now-apprentice-has-turned-on-master

Well I suppose he does wear a suit and that's all it takes to be far right in your eyes Barryd999 . The Guardian? You gotta laugh 

52 minutes ago, Barryd999 said:

You missed the obvious quoted from his post;

"I was praying that Biden would win and get rid of the repellent, megalomaniac conman who'd somehow managed to become the president of the USA."

"Afterwards, Trump's denial of the result, his encouragement of insurgence and support for Qanon and other lunatic conspiracy theories, proved that my fears about the egomaniac were correct."

Somehow Antony manages to interpret that as, "So you don't mind POTUS Trump....". 

8 minutes ago, Bulletguy said:

You missed the obvious quoted from his post;

"I was praying that Biden would win and get rid of the repellent, megalomaniac conman who'd somehow managed to become the president of the USA."

"Afterwards, Trump's denial of the result, his encouragement of insurgence and support for Qanon and other lunatic conspiracy theories, proved that my fears about the egomaniac were correct."

Somehow Antony manages to interpret that as, "So you don't mind POTUS Trump....". 

One remembers vividly when respected politician Jeremy Corbyn questioned Zionists ability to understand "English irony" . All of a sudden parts of that claim seem quite apt . Dear oh dear . 

4 hours ago, mtravel said:

Salvini, brrr.

Populist, protector of tax evaders, friend of Putin and his money.

He doesn't want Africans but he didn't hesitate to invest the party's money (from public funding) in Tanzanian diamonds.

Not to mention the party founder (Bossi), convicted of fraud and then pardoned (in my opinion unfairly) by the President of the Republic.

I'm glad our British politicians aren't as dodgy as yours🤣

Archived