Skegness

John52

Bit more on the migrants in Skegness

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-63663980

I can see they might look intimidating to some people

My niece worked in Border Force where her job involved running after them and apprehending them.  It never seemed to bother her though.  She said as soon as she laid hands on them they froze because the last thing they want to do is commit an offence and get sent back. 

But then that was before Brexit stopped us being able to send them back..

16 minutes ago, John52 said:

Bit more on the migrants in Skegness

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-63663980

I can see they might look intimidating to some people

My niece worked in Border Force where her job involved running after them and apprehending them.  It never seemed to bother her though.  She said as soon as she laid hands on them they froze because the last thing they want to do is commit an offence and get sent back. 

But then that was before Brexit stopped us being able to send them back..

Well fancy that, the BBC managed to find a genuine refugee to interview, I wonder how many Albanians they ignored?

Yes, the Albanians your government seem intent on letting loose all over the country.

It seems immigration is now way higher than it was than before we left the EU. Its just that they are now not Europeans.

Some stats for you.

https://www.migrationwatchuk.org/news/2022/08/25/immigration-at-all-time-record-level-with-record-1-1-million-visas-issued-to-come-and-live-in-the-uk

8 minutes ago, Barry Lineker said:

Well fancy that, the BBC managed to find a genuine refugee to interview, I wonder how many Albanians they ignored?

I stopped being a fan of the BBC when Johnson put his own stooges in there and threatened them with the licence fee.

They only seem to broadcast anything critical of the Tories when its already been broadcast elsewhere so can no longer be covered up.

But, to be fair, they can only interview those who agree to be interviewed, and the illegals are unlikely to.

5 minutes ago, Barryd999 said:

Yes, the Albanians your government seem intent on letting loose all over the country.

It seems immigration is now way higher than it was than before we left the EU. Its just that they are now not Europeans.

Some stats for you.

https://www.migrationwatchuk.org/news/2022/08/25/immigration-at-all-time-record-level-with-record-1-1-million-visas-issued-to-come-and-live-in-the-uk

From your link.

"There was a 72% increase in work visas compared with 2019 (they totalled 331,233) and a 71% increase in study visas compared with 2019 (they totalled 486,868)."

I have never had a problem with people coming here to work or study (Don't they have to pay for their study's?).

I have always objected to those who come just to claim benefits, and add to the strain on our already overstretched services.

I assume those new migrants wont be able to claim any benefits, or bring Uncle Tom, Dick and Harry to join them, and will have to pay for access to our health service?

Which is clearly to anyone with any sense a much better system than free movement.

28 minutes ago, Barry Lineker said:

From your link.

"There was a 72% increase in work visas compared with 2019 (they totalled 331,233) and a 71% increase in study visas compared with 2019 (they totalled 486,868)."

I have never had a problem with people coming here to work or study (Don't they have to pay for their study's?).

I have always objected to those who come just to claim benefits, and add to the strain on our already overstretched services.

I assume those new migrants wont be able to claim any benefits, or bring Uncle Tom, Dick and Harry to join them, and will have to pay for access to our health service?

Which is clearly to anyone with any sense a much better system than free movement.

Oh I think you very much had a problem with all funny foreigners coming here whether they worked or not. Lets not start dragging up some of the old ranty threads you posted all those years ago though eh?

The truth is of course those coming in from the EU with free movement came here to work and were the highest contributors to the economy. More so than none EU workers who are now coming in at the highest level since records began and even more again than the average Brit! 

Oh well, at least you will be able to spot the new immigrants as immigrants now though eh? 🤣

Just now, Barryd999 said:

Oh I think you very much had a problem with all funny foreigners coming here whether they worked or not. Lets not start dragging up some of the old ranty threads you posted all those years ago though eh?

The truth is of course those coming in from the EU with free movement came here to work and were the highest contributors to the economy. More so than none EU workers who are now coming in at the highest level since records began and even more again than the average Brit! 

Oh well, at least you will be able to spot the new immigrants as immigrants now though eh? 🤣

I'd be interested to see any of those ranty threads I posted years ago?

But of course you'd need to know who I am first, and only I and Pelmetman know if I am he🤣

9 minutes ago, Barryd999 said:

Apart from the over 3 quarters of a million on benefits. 

How many EU citizens are on benefits in the UK?

according to data shared by the DWP, the number of EU citizens claiming working-age benefits in the UK benefits stood at 780,000 in November 2020

https://huutimoney.com/benefits-are-there-for-eu-citizens-in-the-uk/

Which seems quite a high number considering that only 6 million EU citizens live in the UK.

11 minutes ago, Barry Lineker said:

Apart from the over 3 quarters of a million on benefits. 

How many EU citizens are on benefits in the UK?

according to data shared by the DWP, the number of EU citizens claiming working-age benefits in the UK benefits stood at 780,000 in November 2020

https://huutimoney.com/benefits-are-there-for-eu-citizens-in-the-uk/

Which seems quite a high number considering that only 6 million EU citizens live in the UK.

Ho ho ho! end of 2020 eh? Are you forgetting something?

You dont remember there was a pandemic then?  

Makes no difference anyway. The stats showed as you were shown many times that EU workers were "overall" the most productive out of all migrants and added the most to the economy. 

Now you have replaced them with migrants from Asia and Africa, opened the borders to Albanians on the black economy and ruined your own free movement as a result. Good job!

4 hours ago, Barryd999 said:

Ho ho ho! end of 2020 eh? Are you forgetting something?

You dont remember there was a pandemic then?  

Makes no difference anyway. The stats showed as you were shown many times that EU workers were "overall" the most productive out of all migrants and added the most to the economy. 

Now you have replaced them with migrants from Asia and Africa, opened the borders to Albanians on the black economy and ruined your own free movement as a result. Good job!

What difference does COVID make?

Have you forgotton everyone with a legitimate job got Furlough dough.

20 minutes ago, Barry Lineker said:

What difference does COVID make?

Have you forgotton everyone with a legitimate job got Furlough dough.

Depends what jobs they were doing doesnt it and what kind of contracts they were on. If there was spike in 2020 of immigrants claiming benefits then whats your explanation? 

From your governments own website

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/nationality-at-point-of-national-insurance-number-registration-of-dwp-working-age-benefit-recipients-data-to-november-2020/nationality-at-point-of-national-insurance-number-registration-of-dwp-working-age-benefit-recipients-data-to-november-2020

From November 2019 to November 2020, the number of UK nationals claiming WA benefits increased by 34% to 8.3 million, while the number of claimants from Non-UK nationalities increased by 61% to 1.6 million. For both groups this was the largest year on year increase since November 2013. The increase in the total number of UK and Non-UK nationals claiming at least one DWP WA benefit is likely to be a reflection of the economic disruption caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.

Amongst Non-UK nationals, EU nationals claiming WA benefits increased by 104% to 780,000. While the number of Non-EU nationals increased by 34% to 820,000. All world sub-groups saw an increase in the number of WA benefit claimants from November 2019 to November 2020.

1 hour ago, Barryd999 said:

Amongst Non-UK nationals, EU nationals claiming WA benefits increased by 104% to 780,000. While the number of Non-EU nationals increased by 34% to 820,000. All world sub-groups saw an increase in the number of WA benefit claimants from November 2019 to November 2020.

Kind of shot yourself in the foot with your earlier claim didn't you, that EU migrants are the hardest workers, as non EU migrants and "Brits" appear to have been less likely to claim benefits.

Well done, keep up the good work🤣

1 hour ago, Barry Lineker said:

Kind of shot yourself in the foot with your earlier claim didn't you, that EU migrants are the hardest workers, as non EU migrants and "Brits" appear to have been less likely to claim benefits.

Well done, keep up the good work🤣

Not really, its a fact that EU migrants overall added more to the economy on average than none EU migrants and more still on Average than Brits. 

How, why and under what circumstances so many of them ended up claiming benefits in the pandemic I have no idea.

Perhaps EU migrants were more likely to be in jobs that either went to the wall or there were no furlough options. Maybe none EU migrants are more likely to be in family businesses or self employed.  Who knows?  Point is that is clearly the reason for the spike and not as Dave was trying to make out that they are a bunch of spongers over here to claim benefits which as we know, they never could just turn up and do anyway.

33 minutes ago, Barryd999 said:

Not really, its a fact that EU migrants overall added more to the economy on average than none EU migrants and more still on Average than Brits. 

How, why and under what circumstances so many of them ended up claiming benefits in the pandemic I have no idea.

Perhaps EU migrants were more likely to be in jobs that either went to the wall or there were no furlough options. Maybe none EU migrants are more likely to be in family businesses or self employed.  Who knows?  Point is that is clearly the reason for the spike and not as Dave was trying to make out that they are a bunch of spongers over here to claim benefits which as we know, they never could just turn up and do anyway.

Evidence?

4 minutes ago, Barry Lineker said:

Evidence?

Its easily sourced but you don't want to hear it. 

Due to your batty Brexit hounding them out is the reason taxes are going up (yes we know you don't pay any because by your own admittance you're an idler).

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-workers-uk-tax-treasury-brexit-migrants-british-citizens-a8542506.html

Usual reason for having to claim working age benefits is the cost of rent.  Obviously those of us who have been here longer have had more time to buid up some equity in housing, and do it when it was affordable.  Wheras asylum seekers invariably come with nothing.

3 minutes ago, John52 said:

Usual reason for having to claim working age benefits is the cost of rent.  Obviously those of us who have been here longer have had more time to buid up some equity in housing, and do it when it was affordable.  Wheras asylum seekers invariably come with nothing.

"Wheres asylum seekers invariably come with nothing" but end up with everything for free . Blooming heck 

14 hours ago, Bulletguy said:

Its easily sourced but you don't want to hear it. 

Due to your batty Brexit hounding them out is the reason taxes are going up (yes we know you don't pay any because by your own admittance you're an idler).

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-workers-uk-tax-treasury-brexit-migrants-british-citizens-a8542506.html

I treat any study by Remoaners with the contempt it deserves🤣

Archived