Sign of the times

Bulletguy

When these two get together you really do have to check the source so one cant really take the claims seriously . What I would say is that given the same two respected members warned us time and again about supposed food shortages after Brexit why has it taken so long for those things to kick in? 

11 minutes ago, B Dobson said:

When these two get together you really do have to check the source so one cant really take the claims seriously . What I would say is that given the same two respected members warned us time and again about supposed food shortages after Brexit why has it taken so long for those things to kick in? 

There were a lot of food shortages early on in Brexit and of course there were a lot of delays in goods getting here but a lot of it was panic buying in anticipation of Brexit. 

Of course we left with a deal didnt we?   That said, exports of certain things like shell fish slumped and importing certain goods is still problematic. 

3 minutes ago, Barryd999 said:

There were a lot of food shortages early on in Brexit and of course there were a lot of delays in goods getting here but a lot of it was panic buying in anticipation of Brexit. 

Of course we left with a deal didnt we?   That said, exports of certain things like shell fish slumped and importing certain goods is still problematic. 

You gotta laugh sometimes . You actually thought about that reply . Chuckle 

From wnat I have seen farmers fall into 2 categories

1) Rich Farmers - those who inherited their land tax free like the Prince of Wales & Duke of Westminster

2) Poor Farmers - those who rent their land from the above - and will always be poor because as soon as they start making serious money their landlords put their rent up.  This Government of Landlords only cares about paying poor farmers more so they can keep upping their inflated rents.

13 hours ago, Barryd999 said:

Yet even with those problems, the UK which imports 80% of its food compared to France who grows 80% of its food, UK food is cheaper🤣

1 hour ago, Barry Lineker said:

Yet even with those problems, the UK which imports 80% of its food compared to France who grows 80% of its food, UK food is cheaper🤣

LOL!  I imagine you fall into the bracket I described the other day as someone who will eat "S" with sugar on and think they have had a good meal.  France is more expensive for some stuff and cheaper for others, there isnt that much difference but the quality of food in France is way better than the rubbish here which of course has declined in quality and quantity since Brexit even further and continues to do so.

4 minutes ago, Barryd999 said:

LOL!  I imagine you fall into the bracket I described the other day as someone who will eat "S" with sugar on and think they have had a good meal.  France is more expensive for some stuff and cheaper for others, there isnt that much difference but the quality of food in France is way better than the rubbish here which of course has declined in quality and quantity since Brexit even further and continues to do so.

Thats something Barryd999 has repeated a few times over the last few days and it's a really great point . It would of course be an even greater point if he posted something to prove it . Regards 

5 hours ago, Barryd999 said:

Never having eaten "S" with sugar on I bow to your superior knowledge🤣

Archived