French Beef Anyone?

B Dobson

3 hours ago, B Dobson said:

Posh fish and chips must be like these . They look like any other fish and chips one might buy other than they come in a posh cardboard box . It must be the box . I wonder why they ever stopped wrapping fish and chips in the old newspapers . 

Must be like what?

Actually I think they were in a tray with paper wrapped around them. I suspect not many "motorhomes" will visit Morthoe as there is nowhere for them to park and its an awfully long steep hike up a hill to get there from Woolacombe. Pity, as they are very good. If your smug like me though and carry a scooter on your "motorhome" no problem.  I have the GPS coordinates if any "motorhomers" are interested.

20 minutes ago, Barryd999 said:

Must be like what?

Actually I think they were in a tray with paper wrapped around them. I suspect not many "motorhomes" will visit Morthoe as there is nowhere for them to park and its an awfully long steep hike up a hill to get there from Woolacombe. Pity, as they are very good. If your smug like me though and carry a scooter on your "motorhome" no problem.  I have the GPS coordinates if any "motorhomers" are interested.

There is a car park at Mortehoe and we've parked in it with double tickets . More often than not though when in Woolacombe we use the bikes or walk . We've walked the hill many times and had a drink in the pub . Just out of curiosity you did describe them as posh fish and chips and one wondered what made them "posh"? Best wishes for the day x 

14 minutes ago, B Dobson said:

There is a car park at Mortehoe and we've parked in it with double tickets . More often than not though when in Woolacombe we use the bikes or walk . We've walked the hill many times and had a drink in the pub . Just out of curiosity you did describe them as posh fish and chips and one wondered what made them "posh"? Best wishes for the day x 

I dont remember a car park you could fit a motorhome in so it would be useful for other motorhome members if you could post up the GPS for that.

Its a posh little village I would say and their little chippy has somehow managed to cook chips like they should be and like they used to taste before Brexit, hence "posh chippy".  

2 hours ago, Barryd999 said:

I dont remember a car park you could fit a motorhome in so it would be useful for other motorhome members if you could post up the GPS for that.

Its a posh little village I would say and their little chippy has somehow managed to cook chips like they should be and like they used to taste before Brexit, hence "posh chippy".  

I bet that chippy uses French Merville potatoes . They are far superior to ours and one wouldn't be surprised if the cooking oil didn't come from France n'all . Regards 

2 hours ago, B Dobson said:

I bet that chippy uses French Merville potatoes . They are far superior to ours and one wouldn't be surprised if the cooking oil didn't come from France n'all . Regards 

Yes I bet that too.  I think the chippys up here use spuds from Audi and Castrol GTX to cook em in.

Archived