Its Times Like This

B Dobson

4 minutes ago, Barryd999 said:

Yes indeed but that looks like Bridlington to me.

I love Bridlington in the motorhome. Dont park outside the Karaoke bar though whatever you do.  I saw someone get thrown through a window there, on a mobility scooter. 

I bet it was the "habitual drunk" one of our respected members talks about on another thread . Hes normally bang on with his comments 

2 hours ago, B Dobson said:

I bet it was the "habitual drunk" one of our respected members talks about on another thread . Hes normally bang on with his comments 

Could have been that Ex member Antony1969 or Mr Birdbrain. He went there a lot and was renowned for picking on disabled people. It was probably him that threw that person through the window still attached to his disability scooter.

9 hours ago, Barryd999 said:

Could have been that Ex member Antony1969 or Mr Birdbrain. He went there a lot and was renowned for picking on disabled people. It was probably him that threw that person through the window still attached to his disability scooter.

Goodness Barryd999 . I hope youre joking . Slightly going off topic but given the very recent complaints by other very valuable members with regards to Chatterbox content I dont know what more they want than they have from this thread . Spain, Bridlington, rough seas, disabilityophobia etc etc its all in here . I think they prefer to talk about fridges not working . Best wishes Barryd999 to you and yours  

2 hours ago, B Dobson said:

Goodness Barryd999 . I hope youre joking . Slightly going off topic but given the very recent complaints by other very valuable members with regards to Chatterbox content I dont know what more they want than they have from this thread . Spain, Bridlington, rough seas, disabilityophobia etc etc its all in here . I think they prefer to talk about fridges not working . Best wishes Barryd999 to you and yours  

My motorhome Fridge has been dodgy now you mention it since 2016.  I suspect its to do with Brexit. What do you think?

8 minutes ago, Barryd999 said:

My motorhome Fridge has been dodgy now you mention it since 2016.  I suspect its to do with Brexit. What do you think?

Having got to know you and your motorhome  over the last couple of months I presume the fridge probably just needs a very good clean . Do you keep uneaten chips and pizza etc in the fridge to eat later as it may be the fatty deposits that have clogged up the workings 

Well keeping it relevant to motorhomes, a couple of years ago whilst touring Cornwall in the van, we saw the results of a similar storm. The buildings near sea in St Agnes had wave damage with decking torn up and doors ripped from buildings.

Always said that it is better to buy a house in Italy.

Certainly the climate is better and you can enjoy some beautiful views.

Like this below from the terrace of my daughter's house, in the historic center of Gallipoli.

Max

p.s. Gallipoli, Salento, Italy. Not Gallipoli, Turkey site of the famous defeat.

DSCN2939 Gallipoli.JPG

1 hour ago, mtravel said:

Like this below from the terrace of my daughter's house, in the historic center of Gallipoli.

Max

p.s. Gallipoli, Salento, Italy. Not Gallipoli, Turkey site of the famous defeat.

DSCN2939 Gallipoli.JPG

With respect Max I can't say I find that view particularly "beautiful" . The weather looks nice as does the water and what I presume is your daughters roof terrace but the rest IMO is not beautiful . Just my opinion 

17 minutes ago, B Dobson said:

With respect Max I can't say I find that view particularly "beautiful" . The weather looks nice as does the water and what I presume is your daughters roof terrace but the rest IMO is not beautiful . Just my opinion 

It's not Morocco and I don't expect you to understand.

I'll ask the Brits queuing up to rent it what they think.

Those who leave reviews where the word stunning is the most used.

24 minutes ago, mtravel said:

It's not Morocco and I don't expect you to understand.

I'll ask the Brits queuing up to rent it what they think.

Those who leave reviews where the word stunning is the most used.

Stunning for me are the islands of the Maldives and I've yet to visit anywhere that comes near to the stunning islands in the Maldives I've been to . Most Brits as you kind of try to insinuate aren't renowned for their tastes are they? . Don't take offence it may well be "beautiful" and "stunning" to some but that one picture doesn't do it for me, maybe other pics might change my mind 

5 hours ago, B Dobson said:

Having got to know you and your motorhome  over the last couple of months I presume the fridge probably just needs a very good clean . Do you keep uneaten chips and pizza etc 

Can't have got to know the fat fecker that well or you would know he never leaves anything uneaten 😆

1 hour ago, B Dobson said:

Stunning for me are the islands of the Maldives and I've yet to visit anywhere that comes near to the stunning islands in the Maldives I've been to . Most Brits as you kind of try to insinuate aren't renowned for their tastes are they? . Don't take offence it may well be "beautiful" and "stunning" to some but that one picture doesn't do it for me, maybe other pics might change my mind 

I think you are getting confused again. You often mistake the Maldives with Filey and Bridlington. They are not the same place. To get to the Maldives you have to go on a big white metal bird called an "Aeroplane". 

Have you thought about Skegness?  I think you would like it there.

Here's their latest tourism brochure. 

image.png.28f9eb988cd79eb1e43d296145dca915.png

1 hour ago, B Dobson said:

The reviews are not only English but from German, French, American and even Russian people.

Talking about stunning with some English people (fortunately not all of them) is like believing someone has seen certain landscapes.

BTW, in Gallipoli (and nearby) there are places that rival the Maldives.

Where, if you've been, you've gone with an organized trip, lots of sheeps in Hawaiian t-shirts and lined up on an island that you go around in half an hour.

I understand that the flat roofs amazed you, there must be a reason why the houses are built like this. Do not you think ? Sun, little rain.

But you settle for Brighton where it's impossible to park. Imagine staying overnight.

Max

p.s. I mentioned Morocco. I don't know what you've seen, for me (I've been there) it's a welcoming country of disconcerting beauty.

Of course, it is Muslim, like the Maldives.

Which apparently has no bearing on your travels.

8 minutes ago, mtravel said:

The reviews are not only English but from German, French, American and even Russian people.

Talking about stunning with some English people (fortunately not all of them) is like believing someone has seen certain landscapes.

Where, if you've been, you've gone with an organized trip, lots of sheeps in Hawaiian t-shirts and lined up on an island that you go around in half an hour.

I understand that the flat roofs amazed you, there must be a reason why the houses are built like this. Do not you think ? Sun, little rain.

But you settle for Brighton where it's impossible to park. Imagine staying overnight.

Max

p.s. I mentioned Morocco. I don't know what you've seen, for me (I've been there) it's a welcoming country of disconcerting beauty.

Mr Dobson loves Brighton Max. How did you know that?

Its his favourite place in the world for the "special" Clubs and Bars he likes. 😎

57 minutes ago, Barryd999 said:

I think you are getting confused again. You often mistake the Maldives with Filey and Bridlington. They are not the same place. To get to the Maldives you have to go on a big white metal bird called an "Aeroplane". 

Have you thought about Skegness?  I think you would like it there.

Here's their latest tourism brochure. 

image.png.28f9eb988cd79eb1e43d296145dca915.png

I knew there was something funny going on when the travel agents at Laker Travel said I wouldn't need to fly to the Maldives . Well it was nice anyway even if it was Filey 

7 hours ago, mtravel said:

Max

DSCN2939 Gallipoli.JPG

Lovely view of historic breeze blocks, looks a bit like a unfinished Pontins🤣

3 hours ago, mtravel said:

Max

It looks like youve taken great offence in me not agreeing with you that the view from your daughters property is "beautiful" . If its easier and it means you dont throw personal insults I'll agree and say the view is indeed truly "beautiful" . As for Gallipoli rivalling The Maldives thats great isnt it, I enjoyed the coral diving and night fishing during our visits to The Maldives and if Gallipoli can match that then it must be a truly wonderful place, your picture doesnt unfortunately do it justice 

14 hours ago, B Dobson said:

It looks like youve taken great offence in me not agreeing with you that the view from your daughters property is "beautiful" . If its easier and it means you dont throw personal insults I'll agree and say the view is indeed truly "beautiful" . As for Gallipoli rivalling The Maldives thats great isnt it, I enjoyed the coral diving and night fishing during our visits to The Maldives and if Gallipoli can match that then it must be a truly wonderful place, your picture doesnt unfortunately do it justice 

Offended ? Forget about it.

If renting it didn't pay €300/night, I'd be happy to invite you so you could have an aperitif on the terrace and enjoy fantastic sunsets over the Salento sea.

Which I do for free for at least three weeks a year, my daughter's kindness.

And as for the sea, google is enough to see what Salento is like.

1 hour ago, mtravel said:

Offended ? Forget about it.

If renting it didn't pay €300/night, I'd be happy to invite you so you could have an aperitif on the terrace and enjoy fantastic sunsets over the Salento sea.

Which I do for free for at least three weeks a year, my daughter's kindness.

And as for the sea, google is enough to see what Salento is like.

Glad I haven't offended you . I am surprised one or three of our respected members haven't accused me of being an Italophobe . You could of course still invite me for the 3 weeks you spend there for free if you're intent on showing me the sunset, you do know I'm married by the way?

This is my favourite rental property abroad. Stayed there a few times but not for a good while now since we started touring in the van. North East Corfu. Views across the Corfu channel to Albania are amazing. Some fabulous properties along there. Not cheap though.

https://www.booking.com/hotel/gr/villa-eleni-corfu.en-gb.html?checkin=2023-06-17&checkout=2023-06-24&group_adults=2&req_adults=2&no_rooms=1&group_children=0&req_children=0

55 minutes ago, B Dobson said:

Glad I haven't offended you . I am surprised one or three of our respected members haven't accused me of being an Italophobe . You could of course still invite me for the 3 weeks you spend there for free if you're intent on showing me the sunset, you do know I'm married by the way?

I think you are simply an unwasp-phobe.

That said, I don't have a problem with married people, as long as they're female.

If you are, as your name seems to suggest, I have no problem hosting you.

But not when I'm there, just book on airbnb.

Archived