What next ?

mtravel

Since I don't have problems with various pop-ups, just back from the feast of the Immaculate weekend I used my time to plan the next trip.

My tires are still far from being replaced but I'd like to avoid almost certain snowfalls north of the Alps.

So it will be south.

Sicily attracts me but I was there just a couple of years ago and it is as far away from my home as the Scottish border.

So let's add a few kilometers and head towards Andalusia.

Even if the risk of finding some pale British busy counting 90 out of 180 and terrified of the approaching deadline is too high.

But don't worry, we will stay away from their favorite destinations.πŸ˜πŸ˜†πŸ€£

3 hours ago, mtravel said:

Since I don't have problems with various pop-ups, just back from the feast of the Immaculate weekend I used my time to plan the next trip.

My tires are still far from being replaced but I'd like to avoid almost certain snowfalls north of the Alps.

So it will be south.

Sicily attracts me but I was there just a couple of years ago and it is as far away from my home as the Scottish border.

Even if the risk of finding some pale British busy counting 90 out of 180 and terrified of the approaching deadline is too high.

But don't worry, we will stay away from their favorite destinations.πŸ˜πŸ˜†πŸ€£

Good idea, they could probably do with your euro's to help make up for what they are losing from us Brits😏

4 hours ago, mtravel said:

So it will be south.

Sounds great . After your trip you can then go back home to Italy and your far right government . Enjoy xΒ 

If you want my advice, leave the motorhome at home and rent a villa or apartment in the Canary islands. Done that a few times mid winter in the past over Christmas and New Year for a month or two.Β  The thought of being crammed in on a site or a scruffy car park in Spain looking for a bit of milky sunshine in the middle of the day and a cold night never appealed to me.

In the Canaries in winter the nights are generally T shirt and shorts weather also.

14 hours ago, Barry Lineker said:

Good idea, they could probably do with your euro's to help make up for what they are losing from us Brits😏

If you believe that the Spanish economy depends on some English tourists who claim to bring meat and dairy from home... And that when he's there he only frequents English pubs and cheap supermarkets...

13 hours ago, B Dobson said:

Sounds great . After your trip you can then go back home to Italy and your far right government . Enjoy xΒ 

Regardless of social class, right-wing voters are long-term masochists.

Sooner or later they will find it in that place.

That said, it's not my fault that one in eight Italians has a brain of a bird.

11 hours ago, Barryd999 said:

If you want my advice, leave the motorhome at home and rent a villa or apartment in the Canary islands.

In the Canaries in winter the nights are generally T shirt and shorts weather also.

Sorry Barry but the Canaries are places for frustrated retirees.

If I order my hundred places to see by priority they occupy the ninety-ninth.

The latter reserved for some beautiful English locations, Hartlepool for example.

However, I go to Andalusia to learn about its history, architecture and why not, its natural beauties.

Certainly not for the sun or the sea, I have as much as I want in my homeland.

33 minutes ago, mtravel said:

If you believe that the Spanish economy depends on some English tourists who claim to bring meat and dairy from home... And that when he's there he only frequents English pubs and cheap supermarkets...

Just do the maths.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/447742/yearly-number-of-tourists-with-residence-in-the-united-kingdom-spain/

https://www.statista.com/statistics/447683/foreign-tourists-visiting-spain-by-country-of-residence/

Best get your wallet out, if you are going to make up the for the 14 million Brits that are not spending money in Spain😏 

Β 

1 hour ago, mtravel said:

Regardless of social class, right-wing voters are long-term masochists.

Sooner or later they will find it in that place.

That said, it's not my fault that one in eight Italians has a brain of a bird.

Well said Mtravel . 1 in 8 Italians are as intelligent as a raven or maybe even a crow . The rest are kakapos .Β 

36 minutes ago, B Dobson said:

Well said Mtravel . 1 in 8 Italians are as intelligent as a raven or maybe even a crow . The rest are kakapos .Β 

In fact, this one out of eight Italians has already had (in the order of priority of the new government):

- Raising of the permitted cash limit. Gift to the evaders.

- 35% tax for self-employed workers (notoriously quite tax evaders) against 50+ for all the others

- Possibility for shops to refuse credit card payments under 60 euros. And again tax evasion.

Very clever people. Or rather owners of a bird brain...

14 minutes ago, mtravel said:

In fact, this one out of eight Italians has already had (in the order of priority of the new government):

- Raising of the permitted cash limit. Gift to the evaders.

- 35% tax for self-employed workers (notoriously quite tax evaders) against 50+ for all the others

- Possibility for shops to refuse credit card payments under 60 euros. And again tax evasion.

Very clever people. Or rather owners of a bird brain...

It would appear from what you are saying, your countryfolk are fond of taking cash to avoid tax?

Well I guess they are only following the example set by "Your" EU vice president.

https://www.euronews.com/2022/12/12/eu-parliament-vice-president-eva-kaili-in-custody-for-alleged-bags-of-cash-from-qatar

She's certainly living up the "Vice" part of her title isn't she?🀣

29 minutes ago, Barry Lineker said:

It would appear from what you are saying, your countryfolk are fond of taking cash to avoid tax?

Well I guess they are only following the example set by "Your" EU vice president.

https://www.euronews.com/2022/12/12/eu-parliament-vice-president-eva-kaili-in-custody-for-alleged-bags-of-cash-from-qatar

She's certainly living up the "Vice" part of her title isn't she?🀣

Since the last European elections also saw the participation of citizens of the United Kingdom, the responsibility is also yours.

41 minutes ago, mtravel said:

Since the last European elections also saw the participation of citizens of the United Kingdom, the responsibility is also yours.

Really?........I don't recall getting the opportunity to vote for the EU vice president?πŸ€”

I just checked I didn't. Nor did our MEP's.

It was decided behind closed doors, probably with a few bags of cash🀣

MEPs don’t nominate any of the four candidates, but two of the roles (President of the European Commission and High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs) do still need to be approved by MEPs and they are consulted on a third.

https://fullfact.org/europe/meps-vote-european-commission-president/

Β 

16 minutes ago, Barry Lineker said:

Really?........I don't recall getting the opportunity to vote for the EU vice president?πŸ€”

I just checked I didn't. Nor did our MEP's.

It was decided behind closed doors, probably with a few bags of cash🀣

MEPs don’t nominate any of the four candidates, but two of the roles (President of the European Commission and High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs) do still need to be approved by MEPs and they are consulted on a third.

https://fullfact.org/europe/meps-vote-european-commission-president/

Β 

You must have a really miserable life if you spend your days thinking about Europe and how awful it is compared to your little island where corruption doesn't exist. Assuming that's true.

However, as your twin says, as many as 11 million Britons go to Spain every year.

Geez, nearly 15% of the population prefer Europe to their country.

Please, let's go back to talking about travel and motohomes as the forum owner would like.

Just now, mtravel said:

You must have a really miserable life if you spend your days thinking about Europe and how awful it is compared to your little island where corruption doesn't exist. Assuming that's true.

However, as your twin says, as many as 11 million Britons go to Spain every year.

Please, let's go back to talking about travel and motohomes as the forum owner would like.

Say's the bloke who hardly spends anytime in Italy🀣

40 minutes ago, Barry Lineker said:

Say's the bloke who hardly spends anytime in Italy🀣

But do you know where I go?

In the last twelve months in Italy I have visited (motorhoming): Lombardy, Tuscany, Umbria, Campania, Friuli Venezia Giulia, Veneto, Emilia Romagna down to the border with the Marche region.

My country is so rich in heritage that only in a couple of cases have I reviewed places where I had already been.

Instead you, other than behind a keyboard, where have you been?

30 minutes ago, mtravel said:

But do you know where I go?

In the last twelve months in Italy I have visited (motorhoming): Lombardy, Tuscany, Umbria, Campania, Friuli Venezia Giulia, Veneto, Emilia Romagna down to the border with the Marche region.

My country is so rich in heritage that only in a couple of cases have I reviewed places where I had already been.

Instead you, other than behind a keyboard, where have you been?

Β 

He doesn't need to go anywhere. He has a Β£30000 greenhouse and a Β£100000 shed to sit in apparently.Β  He used to go to Spain for six months to sit all day on his computer spouting rubbish on here or he would occasionally do it from Brexit Bobs English Breakfast bar and Grill.Β  He cant do the latter now as he ended his own free movement but his greenhouse is lovely apparently.

2 hours ago, mtravel said:

One feels obliged to state the obvious that the weather plays a fairly big part in those British tourists preferring Spain as a holiday destination to BritainΒ 

1 hour ago, B Dobson said:

One feels obliged to state the obvious that the weather plays a fairly big part in those British tourists preferring Spain as a holiday destination to BritainΒ 

Finally someone who admits that "sunlit uplands" is just a figure of speech.
It is no coincidence that the word smog (smoke+fog) is yours.
LEZ and ULEZ have probably reduced the smoke but the fog remains.
How lucky I am to live in a country where 75% of people live in their own home and about 20% own a holiday home in a sunny region and do not need to buy (or rent) an apartment in one of the hideous condominiums that crowd the Mediterranean coasts of Spain.

p.s.1: Some Italians (I know a couple) have bought one in the Canary Islands or in Portugal but only for the tax benefits that derive from them.
Because he would have no other reason to do so.

p.s.2: One of the links you posted claims that four millions Brits go on holiday to Spain.
Where did the eleven milllions come from ?
Try not to contradict your own sources.

On the doorbell buttons of the condominiums on the Costa Brava I have read many Mullers and no Smiths. Maybe you say that the British rent houses from Germans owners ?

3 hours ago, mtravel said:

Are you and your twin paid to shift any topic towards politics and Europe?

If yes, good for you.

If not, poor foolish minds.

Say's the bloke who cant resist having a anti Brexit comment in every post he makes🀣

Over here we have a saying about "Those who live in glass houses", if I were you I wouldn't buy a greenhouse🀣

34 minutes ago, mtravel said:

p.s.2: One of the links you posted claims that four millions Brits go on holiday to Spain.
Where did the eleven milllions come from ?
Try not to contradict your own sources.

Β 

I think my link showed that in 2017 18 million Brits went to Spain, in 2021 just 4.3 million Brits went, that's a lot of full Inglease breakfasts they've missed out on.

Β 

39 minutes ago, mtravel said:

p.s.1: Some Italians (I know a couple) have bought one in the Canary Islands or in Portugal but only for the tax benefits that derive from them.
Because he would have no other reason to do so.

Paid for with undeclared cash?

Is that the tax benefit you refer too?🀣

2 hours ago, Barryd999 said:

Β 

He doesn't need to go anywhere. He has a Β£30000 greenhouse and a Β£100000 shed to sit in apparently.Β  He used to go to Spain for six months to sit all day on his computer spouting rubbish on here or he would occasionally do it from Brexit Bobs English Breakfast bar and Grill.Β  He cant do the latter now as he ended his own free movement but his greenhouse is lovely apparently.

Seems to me it's the Spanish who are currently suffering from Brexit more than us, as 14 million Brits not spending money in Spain is going to be a big hole to fill.

Archived