What next ?

mtravel

41 minutes ago, Barry Lineker said:

Seems to me it's the Spanish who are currently suffering from Brexit more than us, as 14 million Brits not spending money in Spain is going to be a big hole to fill.

Well according to this chart Tourism to Spain is almost back to where it was. You seem to have forgotten there was a pandemic in 2020 and 2021.

I doubt Spain will be that fussed about a few Brit motorhomers that probably dont spend much anyway knowing how tight most of them are.

https://tradingeconomics.com/spain/tourist-arrivals

spain data.jpg

2 hours ago, mtravel said:

Finally someone who admits that "sunlit uplands" is just a figure of speech.
It is no coincidence that the word smog (smoke+fog) is yours.
LEZ and ULEZ have probably reduced the smoke but the fog remains.
How lucky I am to live in a country where 75% of people live in their own home and about 20% own a holiday home in a sunny region and do not need to buy (or rent) an apartment in one of the hideous condominiums that crowd the Mediterranean coasts of Spain.

p.s.1: Some Italians (I know a couple) have bought one in the Canary Islands or in Portugal but only for the tax benefits that derive from them.
Because he would have no other reason to do so.

p.s.2: One of the links you posted claims that four millions Brits go on holiday to Spain.
Where did the eleven milllions come from ?
Try not to contradict your own sources.

On the doorbell buttons of the condominiums on the Costa Brava I have read many Mullers and no Smiths. Maybe you say that the British rent houses from Germans owners ?

Errrr,  I havent posted any links on this thread so I have no idea why you claim I have posted up links about Brits going to Spain?  Maybe all that sun has gone to your head . You seem very confused and also very racist towards the British, hopefully thats something our moderators can take a look at as racism is not a very nice look 

14 hours ago, Barryd999 said:

Well according to this chart Tourism to Spain is almost back to where it was. You seem to have forgotten there was a pandemic in 2020 and 2021.

I doubt Spain will be that fussed about a few Brit motorhomers that probably dont spend much anyway knowing how tight most of them are.

https://tradingeconomics.com/spain/tourist-arrivals

spain data.jpg

I assume you refer to those freeloading motorhomers who don't use campsites like yourself?😏

I always use campsites in Spain, as I like to contribute to the local economies😇

33 minutes ago, Barry Lineker said:

I assume you refer to those freeloading motorhomers who don't use campsites like yourself?😏

I always use campsites in Spain, as I like to contribute to the local economies😇

Glad I aren't the only one who thought that about Barryd999's post, seemed a rather strange thing to say seen as he exclusively freeloads whilst in Europe, mind its that long since hes been he probably forgot thats what he does . Happy Christmas to you and yours Barry Lineker 

1 hour ago, Barry Lineker said:

No not really. I was mainly referring to the cheddar cheese and Heinz baked beans brigade who spend all their time in their vans drinking Blue Nun and ranting on UK motorhome forums all day long.  

15 hours ago, B Dobson said:

Errrr,  I havent posted any links on this thread so I have no idea why you claim I have posted up links about Brits going to Spain?  Maybe all that sun has gone to your head . You seem very confused and also very racist towards the British, hopefully thats something our moderators can take a look at as racism is not a very nice look 

Very sorry, I confused you with your twin Barry (Lineker).

As far as the racism issue is concerned, I can only wonder which pulpit the sermon is coming from.

In any case, I can safely say that I am not racist, not even towards the British, I have many friends among you.

But maybe I am towards human idiocy and that doesn't depend on nationality or place of birth.

• Keithl locked this topic

Archived