No hot water

dcas

Hi all

A bit of advice please

I have a Fiat Ducato Swift with a Truma water system. I have just had it back from the garage having had to have the water pump replaced but I no longer have any hot water. When I turn the thermostat on it goes through the motions of clicking and showing a green light shortly after a red light appears. I've had this before and its been because of the gas flow but I have made sure the red gas pipe switch is in the right position and still there's no hot water. If anyone has any ideas let me know please

I know you've experienced this before, but do check you have enough gas in the bottle - You may think you have sufficient, but the Truma takes a fair whack.

I've been caught out more than once, where the hob will be fine, but just not enough for the boiler during the initial stage .....in fact it happened only last week!

If the system has not been used for sometime it could be a   blocked flue/air intake. Try sucking through the dual concentric pipe with a powerful vacuum cleaner. Can be tried from the outside through the vent inlet/outlet holes, or remove the vent and suck through the dual pipe. I had that problem once.

Brian B.

Thanks everyone. Still can't get it working

I'll take on all advice and get a new gas canister and vacuum the vent. I did take the vent cover off, been caught out many times like that before!

There is one thing playing on my mind; as I said earlier, I had a new water pump fitted and when I got it back from the garageI wanted to check everything was working ok. So I filled the water tank, turned the water pump on and tried the hot water. There was no pressure coming from the taps and so I began to realise that the garage had left the drain valve open and I was losing water. In other words, I tried the hot water as the water was draining from the system so I'm wondering if this may have damaged the element.

Any thoughts?

Archived