Replacing Windows

japahomh

I have a 2007 Coral Adria, most of the windows/stays/locks have damage or need replacing, however doing this is a challenge as the windows are drilled for specific latches and stays so generic ones just don't work well. We've made do for the last couple of years but they are in a sorry state now and I'd like to replace them completely - are there any companies that provide the windows and hardware?

My other option is something like Seitz S4's - but none of the existing cutouts match the seitz specs, I'm not sure how far the wooden framing around each window extends for so I'm reluctant to start cutting larger holes - I cant find any videos or guides on people doing this to their MH's only van conversions..

Are there any other options for windows like the Seitz S4 range that may have more size options?

I hope this isn't a daft suggestion, but have you examined two things?  First, which is probably a bit of a long shot, whether Adria can supply replacement windows or parts, and at what cost.  Second, the windows themselves to see who originally made them.  There should be small makers marks on the windows, usually in the cavity between the inner and outer panes, usually near a corner, with a maker's name and possibly a product number.  If you can locate and note those you should be able to contact the original manufacturer to see if they can supply parts (most of which seem not to alter that much over the years) or even replacement windows.  I suspect you'll find replacing entire windows prohibitively costly, but the catches and stays should be a fairly economic option, albeit I wouldn't expect those to qualify as "cheap".

Whatever you do decide, I'd strongly counsel against thinking of enlarging the window openings for exactly the reason you give, but additionally because you can't actually see what's below the surface of what you're cutting into so, apart from sundry staples and other metallic fixings your cutter won't appreciate, there may be the odd cable sandwiched in the construction which itself wouldn't appreciate the intrusion!

Thanks Brian & Keith.

I haven't contacted Adria - I assumed going via a dealer/manufacturer would probably be uneconomical but I may give them a call and see.

I realise this will probably be and expensive endeavor but it's the small things that can really detract from enjoying the van and having to fight with knackered windows is one of them!

I've emailed eeco to see what they can do.

The windows are polyplastic/plastoform externally hinged if that makes sense. Which seem pretty common on older MH's.

If you GOOGLE-search for Polyplastic or Plastoform window locks, there's a good chance you'll find suitable locks/catches/stays.

Polyplastic top-hinged windows were widely fitted to 'entry level' motorhomes and to many caravans, and my 2005 Hobby motorhome had them. 

I'm not familiar with Plastoform products, but this advert includes Polyplastic and Plastoform catches/stays.

https://www.caravancrazy.co.uk/collections/window-catches-and-stays

The company also advertises Polyplastic windows.

(Suggest you carefully shop around on-line as asking-prices can vary significantly.)

Archived