Grey waste

Vic

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest caraprof

You don't seem to understand oh thick one! I'm not the one who thinks that I'm holier than anyone. That was you. You are the one remember who implied that you are better than "tuggers" and no matter how much you now wriggle "The moving finger writes and having writ" as Omay Khayyam once said.

If you don't understand that, look it up or ask someone, even one of those dreadful "tuggers".

caraprof - 2007-06-18 1:32 PM

You don't seem to understand oh thick one! I'm not the one who thinks that I'm holier than anyone. That was you. You are the one remember who implied that you are better than "tuggers" and no matter how much you now wriggle "The moving finger writes and having writ" as Omay Khayyam once said.

If you don't understand that, look it up or ask someone, even one of those dreadful "tuggers".

Predictable again - Here comes the Bile.

"I have lost count of the number of times I have been on sites where caravanners have allowed their grey water to empty onto their pitch rather than collect in containers and dispose of properly, it's obviously a chore that a small number of them don't enjoy. During this time I have only ever seen one motorhome do the same, and the poor chap didn't realise until he investigated and found that the grey water tank was cracked."

You've obviously not walked around the camping areas of an outdoor motorhome show then as more do just let it run onto their"pitch" than close the tank and take it away with them. I use a collapsible bucket to drain off some of the grey water and throw it into the hedge if there isn't a suitable drain available.

On one occasion in my last job we had a motorhome stay overnight in the workshop. The next morning when I came in I discovered his waste tank tap had been leaking and there was several gallons of putrid, stinking, dirty water in the bottom of the pit. I mentioned the leaking tap to the customer who said oh yeah, its been like that for months, I've deliberately not fixed it as it means my waste tank never gets filled right up. He was a little red faced when I gave him a bucket and mop and asked him to clean his dirt out of the pit I needed to use!

D.

Guest caraprof

Dave, I'm flabbergasted that motorhomers can also be thoughtless and ill-mannered. Surely not? I've been led to believe by certain people on this site that we're a higher form of life than those horrible "tuggers".

Oh dear, another illusion shattered!

Dave Newell - 2007-06-18 2:43 PM

He was a little red faced when I gave him a bucket and mop and asked him to clean his dirt out of the pit I needed to use!

Nice one Dave.

I use a collapsible bucket as well. Takes up hardly any room when packed and easy to use on both sites with drains and fields with hedgerows.

Graham

Sadly Frank there are morons in every walk of life and ignorant people abound, more's the pity. I've often wondered about this concept of motorhomers being "better" than caravanners when the majority of motorhomers have had a caravan at some point in their lives. I must say though, that its a minority viewpoint from what I've seen and I've spoken to lots from both camps and a few who still have a foot in each. The one thing I do find amazing is that caravanners seem in general to be not keen on spending money while motorhomers can't get rid of it fast enough! Long may it continue (lol) .

D.

davenewell@home - 2007-06-18 6:30 PM

Strange woman speak in riddles!

As the song says:

On a boat in the middle of a raging sea,

She would make a scene for it all to be

Ignored.

And wouldnt you be bored?

Graham

We went on a water meter last year so once that lovely weather arrived early on in the year I decided to try to save water. As I don't like to be ripped off, I went and bought a plastic dustbin with lid and a rainwater diverter, I already had a tap left over from the years I made beer, and a small length of tubing. Drilled a hole in dustbin attached tap. Drilled hole in top section of dustbin for the tube and cut thru down pipe from bathroom for diverter, sat it on an old plastic stool and hey presto waste water for the plants. cost just under £12. Hasn't done the plants any harm and they now all smelly of shower gel.

We have never had to water the plants so much even when its raining, which if anybody has noticed it has a lotttttt since March.

Guest peter
michele - 2007-06-18 8:23 AM

Grey water at least thats only a little worry .

I was sitting at the traffic lights in a cue the other day in EAST LONDON .Near the new Olympic Stadium ...Minding me own . I look to the pavement and some Lady well some thing pulled her long skirt up and pee'weed all over the pavement with all of us car drivers watching in horror . He friend was with her and she just stopped stood with her kept on the conversation and waited till she had finished . without a look of shame or nothing she pulled up her draws and moved on.

No they were around 45.50ish .apparently its law intehir country if you need a pee you just pee...Your worried about a little GREY WASTE...

I know what I would rather wake up to...

Well Michele I wouldn't mind waking up to see a woman pulling down her draws in front of me. (lol) :D

Guest peter
Bazza454 - 2007-06-18 12:34 PM
michele - 2007-06-18 12:23 PM bazza, i did mean in a sensible place I'm not advocating that I just leave the tap open where ever I feel like it .. I meant the plants bushes in the dry weather ... ;-)

M,

Understand and agree with that.

My comment was to "Rich" who just discards the grey water onto his pitch.

That's a bit inconsiderate of him. Think of his poor wife having to step in it.He could at least dump under the van next door.

Not these women pete ..

Apparently in their country no loo you just pee.. where and when your fancy takes you Kurdistan or kosovans... One of them it was sorry how would I know the difference but I do know what they dress like so I know it was one or tother

Guest peter
michele - 2007-06-18 7:12 PM

Strange Forum but it helps if your stranger than strange :D

And they don't come much stranger than Michele. (lol)

Guest peter

I always wondered why my tea had little bits of bacon floating around in it.

Of course a better way is to tip it into the tank of the van next door. A real bonus would be if it was Caraprof in the next door van. *-) :D

Guest caraprof
peter - 2007-06-19 9:46 PM I always wondered why my tea had little bits of bacon floating around in it. Of course a better way is to tip it into the tank of the van next door. A real bonus would be if it was Caraprof in the next door van. *-) :D

Now you don't really mean that you little scamp!

Archived