Grey waste

Vic

Vic - 2007-06-17 7:30 PM

I've just spent the last three nights on a CL in Devon. A lovely farm with great views over Salcombe bay. On arrival, I filled up with 'fresh water' from a tap I had spotted. The next morning, I saw a guy emptying his Thetford Cassette into a cesspit next to the tap I'd used. No real worry here as all the fresh water came from the same source on the farm. Anyway, I asked him where I could dispose of grey waste. He told me that he'd been using this site for 15 years along with many other caravanners >:-) and that it was normal to dispose of grey waste in the hedge. In fact, one of the caravans had a hose coming straight from it's waste point going directly into the hedge. Seemingly, the site owner was quite happy with this. So, is grey waste not as dangerous as folks make out? Can it actually assist the local flora? I suppose it can. After all, during drought seasons I'll water my garden with bathwater or washing up water. One assumes then, that if there is a hedge nearby it can be the perfect spot to ditch the grey waste?

my dad always put the washing up water on his beans, swore it kept the greenfly away,never did us kids any harm being able to count to 22 on your hands is an advantage

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bigal55 - 2007-06-29 7:14 PM

my dad always put the washing up water on his beans, swore it kept the greenfly away,never did us kids any harm being able to count to 22 on your hands is an advantage

Always wondered how maths teachers down south managed to get the kids to keep up with northerners *-) (lol) *-) (lol) *-)

Graham

• 2 months later...
GJH - 2007-06-29 7:26 PM

bigal55 - 2007-06-29 7:14 PM

Always wondered how maths teachers down south managed to get the kids to keep up with northerners *-) (lol) *-) (lol) *-)

Graham

cheeky, just discovered this, been enjoying the southern sun,the extra fingers are from all the pollution you norvveners are sending down

bigal55 - 2007-08-31 9:40 PM

cheeky, just discovered this, been enjoying the southern sun,the extra fingers are from all the pollution you norvveners are sending down

Careful or we'll start charging you for the extras (lol) (lol)

Graham

Old Git - 2007-09-01 9:36 AM

Old Git - 2007-09-01 8:57 AM

How did you get an animated gif image to do that? It looks more like java to me. I'm intrigued

You didn't take screen dumps of a java sequence and stitch them together did you?

It's just an animated .gif file Dave, created using the Animatin Shop tool in Paint Shop Pro.

I've only ever created a couple over several years so can never remember from one time to the next how to do it. More trial and error than good judgement :-D

It looks a bit pixellated on this forum, better display (from the same file) on others.

Graham

Thanks Graham - have had a little play - see the new avatar.

How do you think he would look with a yo-yo instead of a stick?

Cheers

Dave

P.S. The Memsahib trains people on Paint Shop Pro if you ever need advice. Not me though, I'm too thick and can't get to grips with it.

In our centre of the Caravan Club it has for years been standard practice on a rally to run grey water through a filter to catch all the nasty bits, and let the water soak into the ground. Good for the grass. What I always think is a very dirty habit is motorhomers leaving a motorhome show with the drain of the grey water tank open leaving a trail of grey water along all the exit roads. It does let the side down a bit.

Old Git - 2007-09-01 2:39 PM

How do you think he would look with a yo-yo instead of a stick?.

Ooh , I dunno, getting a bit racy isn't he (lol)

Old Git - 2007-09-01 2:39 PM

P.S. The Memsahib trains people on Paint Shop Pro if you ever need advice. Not me though, I'm too thick and can't get to grips with it.

Thanks but Jill trains me when I need it

Graham

Archived