The weather

michele

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dave Newell - 2007-07-07 9:29 AM

Well its a beautiful day here in Telford, blue sky, sun shining, just a gentle breeze stirring the trees. Quick its summer, get out there and enjoy it!

D.

Dave,

The sun must have stopped shinning as I can see your bay on the web cam :-D :-D looks a bit empty this morning 8-) 8-)

Don

I have just endured 5 days of 95 f until yesterday, when it rose to 103. That's sorta hot. Right now however, at 7pm, I am sitting here at 5th floor, looking over a town being hit by a tornado !

First the wind, taking the covers of the motorcycles parked up after the rally. Then the torrential rain, the car park now resembles a pond, and a rough one at that, with waves flowing over the kerbstones. Lightning kinda pretty, provided you are inside. Just checked the corridor outside room, and only a small flood seeping in the window frames, about one inch of water, SO FAR.

Due to go out for dinner, but might not venture out in these conditions.Seen big pieces of road furniture blown down the street.

Trust it goes by the morning, as have 1000 mile drive to airport before heading for good old blighty.

I am with Louise and Jimmy in Lisburn - flew over on Friday night from East Midlands Airport - the sun was shining above the clouds, honest.

the weather in Co Antrim yesterday was intermittent real heavy showers, we managed to miss them all - we went to the Giants Causeway and as we got back in the car the heavens opened - then to the Bushmills Distillery (hic)- we all had a good day and rounded it off with a bbq and it stayed dry which was a bonus.

Today an open topped bus tour round Belfast is planned - Jimmy is on breakfast duty, but the 'cafe' isn't open yet!

More blue sky today than I have seen for ages.

Flight home tonight at 9.15 - only takes an hour - so by the time I have picked up my car from the parking at Donnington and driven home will midnight at least.

Carol

Out of the tornado area, now in glorious Washington State after hours of driving through the Rockies.

Soon be in Vancouver for flight home tomorrow.

Then prepare m/home for Denmark at end of month, using DFDS.

Bit expensive though, that piece of sea.

Out of the tornado area, now in glorious Washington State after hours of driving through the Rockies.

Soon be in Vancouver for flight home tomorrow.

Then prepare m/home for Denmark at end of month, using DFDS.

Bit expensive though, that piece of sea.

Had three holidays in France this year and have been rained on heavilly each time, so much so this last time that we came home two days early.

Arrived home and the rain stopped and I got sunburnt in 30 mins

davenewell@home - 2007-07-10 7:10 AM

Its quite nice to hear that its not just Britain thats getting this dodgey weather. A local friend is down in Southern France with his touring caravan and apparently they haven't seen any sun yet, oh what a shame :-| .

D.

Dave,

The sun is shining here for a change, looks like a warm sunny day ahead.

Just been listening to the local news, it seems there has been quite a bit of looting in Hull. I just can't believe that some people could sink so low as to rob the flood victims.

don

• 2 weeks later...
Thai Bry - 2007-07-04 11:30 AM
Ralph - 2007-07-03 2:29 PM
Thai Bry - 2007-06-26 11:48 AM Hope Mel B gets away as she lives in East Yorkshire which was also quite badly affected
Are you sure? I thought she lived in Humberside >:-(

Ralph

Run for then there hillss!!!!

As Sarge Shultz from Hogan's Heros once said " I know nussink, nussink"!!!!

Thai

Ah ha! Thought I wouldn't see this didn't ya!!!!! I'm on to you Ralphy my lad ... you've obviously never had a good thrashing from a Yorkshire lass have you .... keep looking over your shoulder ... if you hear a northern accent be afraid, very afraid .......... >:-) As for Hull, as we were in France getting rained on whilst the clean-up was started, we missed a lot of the 'action' (or lack of it). The looters I believe are some of the ruddy workmen that are supposed to be helping get people's lives back together by rebuilding their homes, not destroying what little hope they have. If I caught one of them I know exactly what I'd do to them but can't put it on here for your sensitive little 'eyes' to read. Suffice to say that my brother and his whole family are black belt masters at karate and some of it has rubbed off on me. Miss Piggy ain't got nothing on me! (Got you worried yet Ralph????) :-|

Mel B - 2007-07-20 8:27 PM

Ah ha! Thought I wouldn't see this didn't ya!!!!! I'm on to you Ralphy my lad ... you've obviously never had a good thrashing from a Yorkshire lass have you .... keep looking over your shoulder ... if you hear a northern accent be afraid, very afraid .......... >:-)

Aaaagggghhhhh!!

I thought I'd got away with it :-D

Welcome back Mel (He said in a grovelling sort of way...)

Archived